[Impression] FiiO E10
Mar 25, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #1,111 of 1,324
Quote:
The near unanimous consensus here that amping them vastly improves the sound quality.

I have heard the same thing as well. I will say I've run my DT770 Pro amped and unamped from my MacBook Pro and with an E07K and E09K and have only noticed an increase in volume vs signature. Maybe my ears aren't very honed yet for that particular can. I have no experience with the E10, so maybe your results will be different, but the E09K that I do use is clearly a more powerful amp.

Mar 25, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #1,112 of 1,324
Quote:

I have heard the same thing as well. I will say I've run my DT770 Pro amped and unamped from my MacBook Pro and with an E07K and E09K and have only noticed an increase in volume vs signature. Maybe my ears aren't very honed yet for that particular can. I have no experience with the E10, so maybe your results will be different, but the E09K that I do use is clearly a more powerful amp.

I've read the occasional post saying the same thing -- that the only difference was volume. However, I've read so many posts from people saying the DT770's bass is a horrible, bloated mess unless amped, and that they really need an amp to reach their potential. So far, I've only heard them unamped and I think they sound great and am only considering the amp because so many people have proclaimed a night and day difference -- making a good can much better. It could be placebo, who knows...

Mar 25, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #1,113 of 1,324
Quote:
I've read the occasional post saying the same thing -- that the only difference was volume. However, I've read so many posts from people saying the DT770's bass is a horrible, bloated mess unless amped, and that they really need an amp to reach their potential. So far, I've only heard them unamped and I think they sound great and am only considering the amp because so many people have proclaimed a night and day difference -- making a good can much better. It could be placebo, who knows...

Do it! Can't wait to read your feedback!

Mar 28, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #1,115 of 1,324
Quote:
Cool! Well i find that plugging my A900xs into my headphone jacks produces a noticeably worse sound than plugging into my desktop. Would an amp make my desktop sound even better too?

"Better" is subjective, but it will at least be more powered which should raise the volume levels and will likely affect the signature in what is generally considered a positive way.

Mar 31, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #1,119 of 1,324
Quote:
Could you post a picture of the end result?

As you can see it shines veeeery soft. You can make it as bright as you want ofcourse. You can bend the led a bit farther or closer depending on what you want. Or add more or less paper. It's all reversible and easy to do. You do have to remove the knob which is on it a bit tight but don't worry, you wont break it. :wink: Just try to get it off evenly.

Apr 6, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #1,120 of 1,324
I just recently got an E10 along with a set of Grado 225i's and couldn't be happier! Old headphones i used on the PC always had terrible static / interference due to the crappy on board sound card but this has completely eliminated any noise. As you can see its my first post, but Ive done a lot of lurking on the site and if anyone is on the fence about getting the E10, it is well worth every penny you spend. The bass boost is a nice feature, but with the cans I have there has been no need to enable it unless listening to some hip hop in a few cases. 

http://i.imgur.com/fUyf6Jj.jpg
not so subtle dinobot

Do you guys have any recommended settings for the E10 within Windows 7 hardware properties?

For example, Sample Rates, by default it has 48.0kHz selected only. Should 96.0kHz be enabled?

Same goes for the Default Format windows has selected to 2 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality). I've since changed that to 2 channel, 24 bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality)

Apr 7, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #1,121 of 1,324
Quote:
I just recently got an E10 along with a set of Grado 225i's and couldn't be happier! Old headphones i used on the PC always had terrible static / interference due to the crappy on board sound card but this has completely eliminated any noise. As you can see its my first post, but Ive done a lot of lurking on the site and if anyone is on the fence about getting the E10, it is well worth every penny you spend. The bass boost is a nice feature, but with the cans I have there has been no need to enable it unless listening to some hip hop in a few cases. 

http://i.imgur.com/fUyf6Jj.jpg
not so subtle dinobot

Do you guys have any recommended settings for the E10 within Windows 7 hardware properties?

For example, Sample Rates, by default it has 48.0kHz selected only. Should 96.0kHz be enabled?

Same goes for the Default Format windows has selected to 2 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality). I've since changed that to 2 channel, 24 bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality)

yes you should change all that to the maxium supported rates.

Apr 12, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #1,122 of 1,324
Love my E10 with my Sennheiser HD598! I've had mine about 6 months. I bought the E10 and a uDAC2 at the same time. After a week of head to head comparison the uDAC2 was returned. The E10 was the clear winner to my ears. 24/96 source from my Mac Pro. Other phones include AKG K240 Monitor, Superlux HD681, Sennheiser HD439, AKG K55. I also feed the line out to my Eico ST70 tube amp which is driving Polk Audio Monitor 70. Excellent sounding little DAC/amp. I also bought one for my brother. A very impressive improvement to his MacBook Pro/ Koss DJ Pro 100 combo. If you've been considering the E10, don't hesitate. Highly reccomended.

Apr 16, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #1,124 of 1,324
Quote:
Actually, nevermind. Just read about the cut-off it does at the beginning.

Not sure if that was an 'early release' problem but I have a 6 month old one that does not do that.  And sounds great.  And is worth every penny. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back