[Impression] FiiO E10
Mar 9, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #1,081 of 1,324
Updated impressions:

I finally got the cracking issue when I turn the pot, but it goes away by turning it a little a couple of times; a really really minor annoyance. I love this thing. This is my first portable DAC and now I take it everywhere with me. I have used desktop DACs several times the price of this and I can say for sure that they don't cost nearly as several times as good. It works specially well with IEMs, and BA drivers get a real boost to their sound quality when compared to dynamics headphones, although I preffer dynamic ones with the bass boost option turned on since they don't get such a hump in the graph, but get warmer. Using it as a DAC only device works reasonably well, but it lacks dynamics that become evident when using higher quality amps. Still, the real deal here is the whole Amp/DAC package and as it is and at that price, this is the one to beat, not only on SQ alone, but in build quality and design. FiiO is doing really amazing things and now I'm officially a fan. 

Mar 11, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #1,082 of 1,324
I'm currently using a FiiO E07K at work and will need to replace it because I actually need to use the E07K as a portable amp now. The one at work does not need to be portable at all, but it should be small and good enough to power my Sony MDR-1R and Beyerdynamic DT 770 80ohm. The E07K has done a good job so far and I generally like the sound I've gotten from it, so the easy thing to do would be to just pick up an E10. Still, I'm wondering what else there is out there to pick from.

How does the E10 stack up against something like the Hifiman EF2A? Is there something else I should be looking at as well? Also, where in the world can I even find something like the Über Muzik Tiny Tube DAC for sale? Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks for the feedback people.

Mar 11, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #1,083 of 1,324
Quote:
I'm currently using a FiiO E07K at work and will need to replace it because I actually need to use the E07K as a portable amp now. The one at work does not need to be portable at all, but it should be small and good enough to power my Sony MDR-1R and Beyerdynamic DT 770 80ohm. The E07K has done a good job so far and I generally like the sound I've gotten from it, so the easy thing to do would be to just pick up an E10. Still, I'm wondering what else there is out there to pick from.

How does the E10 stack up against something like the Hifiman EF2A? Is there something else I should be looking at as well? Also, where in the world can I even find something like the Über Muzik Tiny Tube DAC for sale? Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks for the feedback people.

If you're set on using the E07K as a portable amp, then I would just get a E10. I find using the E07K as an amp only is overkill. It can do so much more. It might be cheaper/cost effective to get a portable amp like an E6 or E11 or maybe a cmoyBB. No experience with the Hifiman EF2A but I liked the sound of the E10. Only reason I sold it is to help pay for an E17. For a TubeDac, I just picked up a Aune T1 from a fellow Head-Fier. It gets in Wed. Can't wait. :O~

Mar 21, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #1,084 of 1,324
morning guys! - haven't visited the forums here in a long time - and just recently got a pair of akg 550's - and noticed how weak my soundcard is - cannot drive my headphones at all. and i've been seeing for the past year 2012 - of how much hype Fiio products are making - so atm im a bit stuck/confused - E10 vs E9 - which is better and why... from what i can understand - the e10 is a combo of AMP+DAC vs. e9 is just AMP right? then when hooked up to a e7/e17 it can then do both - but the e9 uses higher quality parts as compare to the e10 correct?

-back on track; so would getting this e10 be a good investment? im just gonna use this at home so PC>xx>k550's/speakers. will this be enough or search/wait and get the e12 montblanc? your advise/input is greatly appreciated. thanks again.

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #1,085 of 1,324
morning guys! - haven't visited the forums here in a long time - and just recently got a pair of akg 550's - and noticed how weak my soundcard is - cannot drive my headphones at all. and i've been seeing for the past year 2012 - of how much hype Fiio products are making - so atm im a bit stuck/confused - E10 vs E9 - which is better and why... from what i can understand - the e10 is a combo of AMP+DAC vs. e9 is just AMP right? then when hooked up to a e7/e17 it can then do both - but the e9 uses higher quality parts as compare to the e10 correct?

-back on track; so would getting this e10 be a good investment? im just gonna use this at home so PC>xx>k550's/speakers. will this be enough or search/wait and get the e12 montblanc? your advise/input is greatly appreciated. thanks again.

just get the E10 and done with it. If u have $200 budget, then get a modi stack.

Mar 21, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #1,087 of 1,324
Quote:
just get the E10 and done with it. If u have $200 budget, then get a modi stack.

thanks for the response. am itching to go grab one right now! what is this "modi stack" you speak of? 200budget is not a problem, but just don't want to throw money away first and then not like - hence i'm trying to start off @ e10's pricepoint.
Quote:
Personally, the E10 and k550 weren't a good match. Or the k550 weren't a good match with me. I've heard them sound better with a higher quality dac.

really..will keep that in mind.

Mar 21, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #1,088 of 1,324
depends on what u like. E10 gives you a fuller sound,but it's not neutral. Modi stack is way more neutral & transparent.

I'm talking about the Schiit Modi DAC + Magni Amp.

Mar 21, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #1,090 of 1,324
Quote:
depends on what u like. E10 gives you a fuller sound,but it's not neutral. Modi stack is way more neutral & transparent.

I'm talking about the Schiit Modi DAC + Magni Amp.

got it. well i guess i'll start with this e10, then when i'm done with it, i'll pass it along to my gf or what not. ^ ^;; thanks for your inputs.

Mar 21, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #1,092 of 1,324
To be honest I really suggest to do something else.
Maybe the Stoner Acoustics UD100 or this little thing: 
http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Hifimediy-Sabre-USB-DAC-ES9023-Tenor-TE7022-96khz-24bit-96-24-/140911022146?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20cef39042#ht_1314wt_1271
Should good for it's price and since the sabre has a built in amp thingy it can directly drive headphones. It beging 24 bits gives you enough room to digitally control the volume. 
It's cheaper too. :)

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #1,093 of 1,324
so a quick update - went to a local shop - Adorama - picked it up, boy..what a EFF'ING DIFFERENCE~! after trying it out with my k550's i decided to plug the speaker into the headphone jack - man, my klischp ifi speakers are finally being pushed. never knew these speakers REALLY could sound this good. omg. this thing is definitely worth the 75-80.

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #1,094 of 1,324
Quote:
so a quick update - went to a local shop - Adorama - picked it up, boy..what a EFF'ING DIFFERENCE~! after trying it out with my k550's i decided to plug the speaker into the headphone jack - man, my klischp ifi speakers are finally being pushed. never knew these speakers REALLY could sound this good. omg. this thing is definitely worth the 75-80.

good to hear!

Mar 21, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #1,095 of 1,324
yeah, that little device for me interested in other things they made like the e17. love that thing. I can plug it up to my tv's optical port and get hp output. great for xbox gaming w/o using the crummy gaming headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back