[Impression] FiiO E10
Dec 11, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #1,052 of 1,324
The volume pot of my Fiio E10 started making crackling noises so I contacted Fiio and they offered to send me a replacement pot for me to install on my own.
The only problem is no matter what I tried I couldn't take the PCB out of the chassis. I only managed to open the back cover.
Does anyone have any idea how to extract the Fiio E10 PCB so I can replace the pot?

I have the latest E10 revision. It doesn't have the screw on the bottom to hold the PCB in place.

Dec 22, 2012 at 6:27 AM Post #1,056 of 1,324
Quote:
have clicking noise only on my desktop, but not laptop, dunno why.

I have crackling noises on my laptop too but there is no crackling on my gf's laptop. When I choose 32000 kHz, crackling is gone, when I choose greater frequency on bit depth... crackling increases and sounds make slower. Looks like my laptop is too slow to decode musical signals (actually I have 2 core AMD with 2.1 MHz).

Quote:
Is the fiio e10 a dark sound signature? I wouldnt like it if it would add treble to my Sennheiser HD 598.

Yes.

Dec 24, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #1,060 of 1,324
Quote:
Hi, I am going to buy Audio Technica ATH-AD700 headphones that will be used mainly for gaming / movies on my desktop. Therefore I would like to upgrade my on-boar sound card (realtek HD). Do you think that it is better to buy Fiio E10 or some Internal sound card (like ASUS Xonar DX/XD Retail or something similar) for +- same money ? Or, I am thinking about Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Professional as well, is it worth the money?

Thanks for help.

I know I'm probably late since this post was 3 weeks ago, but do NOT buy the FiiO E10 if your planning on gaming.

I have to constantly switch to my Xonar DG before I start gaming if I want to hear the difference between Left/Right or any positional sounds in general.

CS:GO + E10 = No idea where enemies are coming from
CS:GO + Xonar DG = Amazing positioning, almost pin-point.

The E10 is not made with gaming in mind. Music is awesome on it though.

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #1,062 of 1,324
Quote:
I know I'm probably late since this post was 3 weeks ago, but do NOT buy the FiiO E10 if your planning on gaming.

I have to constantly switch to my Xonar DG before I start gaming if I want to hear the difference between Left/Right or any positional sounds in general.

Do you have any recommendations for a USB card/DAC to pair with AD700's then? I have an ITX system, so I cannot get a Xonar DG.

Jan 4, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #1,063 of 1,324
Quote:

Are you using the soundcard without any of the virtual surround things enabled?
And is the HT Omega Claro+ a good enough soundcard for gaming?

Jan 4, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #1,064 of 1,324
I just got mine a few hours ago. Pretty good. I really needed a DAC; my sound cards are really mediocre. It makes a world of difference, specially with IEMs when it comes to sound quality. The bass boost isn't as bloated as I feared and I have been using it constantly. Pretty good investment. I'm currently building a hybrid desktop amplifier based on the basic framework of the starving student amp; I hope they end up being a good pair. It doesn't sound so good with the other pure solid state amplifiers I've built. I have no clipping problems...yet. Lets see how it goes. 

Oh...wow, and it actually makes the klipsch S4 more tolerable. 

Jan 4, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #1,065 of 1,324
Nvm,The clicking issue is back to me..
But i notice that the problem only exist on my desktop.
With my Alienware M11x R2 laptop, it has no clicking at all.

WEIRD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back