[Impression] FiiO E10
Mar 22, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #1,097 of 1,324
Quote:
Glad you like it. You know you can connect the speakers trough the line out on the back of the e10.

yes, but i wanted the speakers to get the full punch - since volume and bass doesn't affect the line out on the back. now the question is how to properly seat this thing..my speaker 3.5mm cable is a massive heavy duty cable..its got some serious weight to it.LOL i'm gonna need to find something/somewhere and permenantly make the e10 stay...

Mar 23, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #1,098 of 1,324
Wow, the reviews on this thing sound amazing. I have TF10s, and ATH A900x as my top 2 IEM and Cans. What other options do I have in this range other than E10s? I don't know anything about amps, full size or portable. Which one should i be looking at? I plan to use the amp on a desk

Mar 24, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #1,099 of 1,324
Quote:
Wow, the reviews on this thing sound amazing. I have TF10s, and ATH A900x as my top 2 IEM and Cans. What other options do I have in this range other than E10s? I don't know anything about amps, full size or portable. Which one should i be looking at? I plan to use the amp on a desk

look no further, for 80bones after tax, this thing is worth every single penny.

Mar 24, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #1,100 of 1,324

Technically, you don't need an amp for either of those headphones you listed due to their low impedance (32ohm and 40ohm). If those are the particular headphones you're buying, I suggest purchasing them first and seeing how they sound without an amp. If it reaches levels of volume that are good for you (which I believe it will), you don't need an amp and you've saved yourself some money. If they don't, the E10 will increase the loudness without changing the signature too much.

Mar 24, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #1,101 of 1,324
Quote:
Technically, you don't need an amp for either of those headphones you listed due to their low impedance (32ohm and 40ohm). If those are the particular headphones you're buying, I suggest purchasing them first and seeing how they sound without an amp. If it reaches levels of volume that are good for you (which I believe it will), you don't need an amp and you've saved yourself some money. If they don't, the E10 will increase the loudness without changing the signature too much.

Do not forget that the E10 is a DAC also which is it's most important feature. 

Mar 24, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #1,102 of 1,324
Do not forget that the E10 is a DAC also which is it's most important feature. 

Yup, but the poster I was responding to did not indicate the DAC was important. Just the amp, in which case, they don't need one.

Mar 24, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #1,103 of 1,324
Quote:
Yup, but the poster I was responding to did not indicate the DAC was important. Just the amp, in which case, they don't need one.

Agreed 
beerchug.gif

Mar 25, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #1,104 of 1,324
A few questions...

1) Have the quality control issues in previous revisions been fixed yet (noise, channel imbalance, jack issues)?

2) Do authorized dealers such as Headroom only sell the latest revisions?

3) How does this affect the sound of the DT770 Pro 80 vs unamped from a Macbook Air (the Air easily drives it to sufficient volume)?

4) How bright is that blue LED?

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #1,105 of 1,324
Quote:
A few questions...

1) Have the quality control issues in previous revisions been fixed yet (noise, channel imbalance, jack issues)?

2) Do authorized dealers such as Headroom only sell the latest revisions?

3) How does this affect the sound of the DT770 Pro 80 vs unamped from a Macbook Air (the Air easily drives it to sufficient volume)?

4) How bright is that blue LED?

1), Yes.

2), Yes

4), very soft and will not hurt your eye at night, 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 25, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #1,106 of 1,324
A couple more questions...

1) My Macbook Air drives my DT770 Pro 80 well enough so that only 20% volume in OSX is ideal for listening. Unfortunately, this means I only have a small range of volume that is actually useful to me, since the other 80% would be too loud. I'm afraid that the E10 will only make this worse -- that even with low gain, only the lowest of settings on the knob will be a listenable volume. Will this be the case?

2) Even though the headphone jack issues have been reportedly fixed in newer revisions, is it recommended that I use an adapter that I keep permanently plugged in so that I don't wear out the E10's jack by plugging and unplugging headphones every day (such as http://cdn.head-fi.org/3/32/900x900px-LL-3255e8c0_DSC00122.gif)? Or, is it durable enough now that this won't be necessary?

3) Would either the E07k or E17 be a better match than the E10 for my setup in terms of sound quality? I won't be using it portably, just plugged into my laptop.

Mar 25, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #1,107 of 1,324
Just go with the e10. I have used it ALOT and even hung large connecters at it and it's still good. Don't worry.
The e10 I think will be better than macbook out. That connection is really, really bad haha. 

And to be honest I found the blue led to be too bright. It lit my room at night (slightly) But it's very easy fixable. I opened it up and slightly bent the led and put something in between. It's hardly visibile now but you can still see if it's on. :)

Mar 25, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #1,108 of 1,324
Quote:
A couple more questions...

1) My Macbook Air drives my DT770 Pro 80 well enough so that only 20% volume in OSX is deal for listening. Unfortunately, this means I only have a small range of volume that is actually useful to me, since the other 80% would be too loud. I'm afraid that the E10 will only make this worse -- that even with low gain, only the lowest of settings on the knob will be a listenable volume. Will this be the case?

2) Even though the headphone jack issues have been reportedly fixed in newer revisions, is it recommended that I use an adapter that I keep permanently plugged in so that I don't wear out the E10's jack by plugging and unplugging headphones every day (such as http://cdn.head-fi.org/3/32/900x900px-LL-3255e8c0_DSC00122.gif)? Or, is it durable enough now that this won't be necessary?

3) Would either the E07k or E17 be a better match than the E10 for my setup in terms of sound quality? I won't be using it portably, just plugged into my laptop.

If you're happy with the signature and the volume is good for you, why are you looking into an amp at all? Are you not happy with the way the Air is driving them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back