[Impression] FiiO E10
May 20, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #1,141 of 1,324
It doesn't matter. I suggest you put your windows volume at 100% then set the knob at a level you don't want to exceed. Let's say for games you use a higher volume, set it at a level you need. Or perhaps a little bit lower to preserve your hearing. 

This way you don't go too loud and you have the most fine tuning steps. And theoretically the best sound. :wink:

And for windows 8 compatibilty, i'm not really sure. In the demo version (pre-release) it worked for me. You can always download the upgrade utility from microsoft itself which checks all the connected hardware's compatibility.

May 20, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #1,142 of 1,324
On Windows 8, If you get a normal sound when first plugging in a (*any) USB DAC, then get a distorted sound after a while, you'll need a powered USB hub. It is not the problem of the USB DAC but the problem of Windows keeps trying to reset its USB power scheme. There isn't anything you can do on Windows 8 but a powered USB hub will solve the issue all together.

May 20, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #1,145 of 1,324
E10 uses common USB Class 1 audio driver built into almost all OS, so there shouldn't be any driver issue.

May 29, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #1,146 of 1,324
So i bought one because it matched exactly the budget i had. It is in fact my first ever dac.

But. Mine has the mountain ''olympus'' labeled on the top side and and ''usb dac headphone amplifier'' on the bottom side. And the high/low gain switch rattles a little bit when i handle the device.

Is that a sign of counterfeit?

May 29, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #1,147 of 1,324
Quote:
So i bought one because it matched exactly the budget i had. It is in fact my first ever dac.

But. Mine has the mountain ''olympus'' labeled on the top side and and ''usb dac headphone amplifier'' on the bottom side. And the high/low gain switch rattles a little bit when i handle the device.

popcorn.gif

May 29, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #1,149 of 1,324
Quote:

Check the serial number in the counterfeit sticker on the box with FiiO website. Most likely it is genuine though.

May 30, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #1,151 of 1,324
Quote:
Hmm that's odd. I have an Aune T1 running for 8hrs a day for about 2 weeks now on a Win8 laptop and it's been running fine. But I wouldn't put it past MS to screw something up.
wink.gif

Maybe that's because the T1 uses external power, if you cut the v+ and v- of the cable it should still work (as far as I have read in the t1 thread) 

What would be a good and cheap powered hub? I need one anyway. (not that I have any troubles:))

Jun 2, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #1,153 of 1,324
Jun 2, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #1,155 of 1,324
Quote:
Can you please explain in more detail what do you mean by that?

Well, power is voltage x current. Voltage is the result of gain, which E07K can go higher. As for current output, they are roughly on par. Therefore E07K is the more powerful of the two. As for SQ, it is simple - E10 just sounds better than E07K, especially on the overall balanced. Of course, you'll get a better EQ system on E07K to play with, but it is not going to make up for the difference in SQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back