[Impression] FiiO E10
Oct 21, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #106 of 1,324
I never noticed a clicking sound when switching songs in itunes. I do now, but it is very very faint. barely hear it at all.

as for a comparison test.....I listened to itunes using the e10 for about 30 minutes. I then went back to using just the comp w/out the e10 and noticed there is quite the difference. the e10 really does a good job.

Oct 21, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #109 of 1,324

Quote:
This is headfi... spending money on toys we don't need is the name of the game. FiiO/iBasso is practically an initiation rite at this point.

Fine, but is it necessary to buy every new Fiio/iBasso to come down the pike ? Guys, its your money - no skin off my nose - but some of the logic escapes me when a new toy doesn't seem to have fulfilled a specific need. If I buy a DAC to replace the MSII, I want it to be a *better* DAC - ditto another mains-powered amp to replace the E9. Neither of these is anything other than a mid-fi toy, and I'm not pretending otherwise, but having more mid-fi toys to stash away in a desk drawer just seems redundant. Just my 2 cents worth.

Note that I'm not bagging the E10, just questioning some of our purchasing behaviour. Buying this toy simply to be able to say 'Aaah - I knew the DAC wouldn't be much chop !' seems like an odd way to approach audio.

Oct 21, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #111 of 1,324

Quote:
Note that I'm not bagging the E10, just questioning some of our purchasing behaviour. Buying this toy simply to be able to say 'Aaah - I knew the DAC wouldn't be much chop !' seems like an odd way to approach audio.

I'm new here and to audio really. I don't know what people think when they buy stuff. for me, no matter what it is that I buy, I buy it to use it.  I'm not about to buy something to just have it and say I have it.

You're probably right. a lot of people buy things just to say they have it. I kinda wish I was in that position. have all the money in the world and buy whatever I want. that would be awesome.
biggrin.gif

Oct 21, 2011 at 1:44 AM Post #112 of 1,324

Quote:
Fine, but is it necessary to buy every new Fiio/iBasso to come down the pike ? Guys, its your money - no skin off my nose - but some of the logic escapes me when a new toy doesn't seem to have fulfilled a specific need. If I buy a DAC to replace the MSII, I want it to be a *better* DAC - ditto another mains-powered amp to replace the E9. Neither of these is anything other than a mid-fi toy, and I'm not pretending otherwise, but having more mid-fi toys to stash away in a desk drawer just seems redundant. Just my 2 cents worth.

Collector's mentality? Desire for more toys? I have a D10 that I hardly use (and almost never in a portable sense), so I find myself wondering if the e10 would be a good purchaes for me. It's amazingly easy to find reasons to self-justify a new purchase. A different feature set, or heck just a different combination of features. I've already got a battery powered dac/amp, but hey this new one is usb powered... and for some inane reason that makes my brain think it's a good thing to have.

A significant number of my headphones were acquired purely on the "aw heck I haven't heard this one yet" mindset even if it was a "step down" from my current gear at the time.

Not saying it has to makes sense. As far as I'm concerned, we're all pretty much fools with our money.

Oct 21, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #113 of 1,324

Quote:
Collector's mentality? Desire for more toys? I have a D10 that I hardly use (and almost never in a portable sense), so I find myself wondering if the e10 would be a good purchaes for me. It's amazingly easy to find reasons to self-justify a new purchase. A different feature set, or heck just a different combination of features. I've already got a battery powered dac/amp, but hey this new one is usb powered... and for some inane reason that makes my brain think it's a good thing to have.

A significant number of my headphones were acquired purely on the "aw heck I haven't heard this one yet" mindset even if it was a "step down" from my current gear at the time.

Not saying it has to makes sense. As far as I'm concerned, we're all pretty much fools with our money.

Sounds like you're one step closer to buying that XM-6
biggrin.gif

Oct 21, 2011 at 3:29 AM Post #114 of 1,324

Quote:
Sounds like you're one step closer to buying that XM-6
biggrin.gif

I was all set to buy one off the forums last month, but then the seller sold it to someone else because they paid quicker. Oh well, I wasn't exactly heartbroken over it.

Oct 21, 2011 at 4:22 AM Post #115 of 1,324
A word to our resident Fiio rep: 

The labels for the settings on your bass switch should be Bass above the switch and Normal below it, with the Normal position indicating the bass emphasis is off.  If you implement this minor revision, then native English speakers won't think that either:

1. "On" means you're turning on the E10, which is on from the moment you connect it to a USB port,

or

2. The "Bass" setting means you're adding bass instead of turning it off.

Quote:
Using TF10vi (the one with inline mic) with fiio e10 and the jack plug is incredibly sensitive to any sort of pressure, giving me what sounds like an approx. 70% drop in volume if I touch it or rub it, which of course happens when in pocket, etc. Just like there were some sort of loose internal connection, or perhaps related to the jack adaptor for the "vi" version. Anyone else experienced this? Wondering if this is related to the jack or maybe a faulty unit? 

Edited for typo :)

I've noticed this issue with two different UE earphone models and I don't agree that using an adaptor is an acceptable workaround.   A jack that becomes noisy, microphonic and signal-interrupting when used with any working low-impedance model of earphones should be fixed, particularly when the amp is portable and said model is ridiculously efficient, since that happens to be portable territory.

As for today's exciting punch-or-be-punched debate about mid-fi toys:

I happen to fit into the supposedly respectable category of users.  This is the first DAC I've bought in years. It will be used solely for work, travel and staying with my grillfiend in White Plains.  My other DAC, bought for me by the aforeheaded fiend, is four years old and lounges about with my semi-serious rig.

However, I'm not going to criticize people who buy every Fiio device in existence.  Materialism can turn anyone into a completist and few of us are above it.  In fact, I doubt anyone on this thread truly is.  We're all fetishists in some sense, and fetishism isn't rational.

Oct 21, 2011 at 4:56 AM Post #117 of 1,324

Thanks for the swift response.  (Your user name reminds me of the sound of a Siamese cat, which I for one enjoy with a fine Grecian red.)

I'm not mentioning the switch revision to be part of a vote to clarify the use of a feature which I myself know how to use.  I'm just speaking to you in my capacity as a professional editor.  I'm telling you what, in my incredibly humble opinion, native-speaking English readers are most likely to understand. 

I'd love it if you took my suggestion, but all I can do is offer it as a forum friend.

Quote:
Got it , I will try to arrange a vote to decide how to do that, how you can join the vote

When you say, "I will try to arrange a vote to decide how to do *that*," I assume you mean to address the confusion caused by the settings for the bass switch.  Were you talking about something else, such as the noisy and intermittent jack issue I mentioned?

Oct 21, 2011 at 5:16 AM Post #119 of 1,324

Quote:

Thanks for the swift response.  (Your user name reminds me of the sound of a Siamese cat, which I for one enjoy with a fine Grecian red.)
I'm not mentioning the switch revision to be part of a vote to clarify the use of a feature which I myself know how to use.  I'm just speaking to you in my capacity as a professional editor.  I'm telling you what, in my incredibly humble opinion, native-speaking English readers are most likely to understand. 

I'd love it if you took my suggestion, but all I can do is offer it as a forum friend.

When you say, "I will try to arrange a vote to decide how to do *that*," I assume you mean to address the confusion caused by the settings for the bass switch.  Were you talking about something else, such as the noisy and intermittent jack issue I mentioned?

1, It is my pleasure to listening to our customer , it can help us make the right products. the vote will launch in mins.

2, The problem of some i-earphones, I means some earphone which design to iPod/iPhone, the pin definition is different with NOKIA, Samsung. we will try to fixed this problem in next batch. but who have such problem can use our LU1/LU2 to solve this problem.

the definition of iPhone's earphone with mic/inline control.  1, Left channel, 2, Right channel, 3, Ground, 4, Mic/inline control.
    the definition of standard earphone with mic/inline control.  1, Left channel, 2, Right channel, 3,  Mic/inline control, 4 Ground,

As you all know, Apple is not the first brand and company who make cellphone, but they always don't want to be compatible with others.    

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back