[Impression] FiiO E10
Oct 18, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #77 of 1,324

Quote:
I'm waiting for E10 to be available on Amazon because I still have gift card funds left.

Anyone know when Micca will ship their E10 through Amazon? It seems they're only available through their website right now.

We will not likely be offering the first batch of the E10's on Amazon because of the limited numbers in the initial run. 

The second batch, for certain will be available.

Jack

Oct 18, 2011 at 1:30 PM Post #78 of 1,324
Hi ClieOS,

Do you think the E10 is has more mids compared to others in the similar range?

I'm planning to increase the mids on DT770Pro 80Ohms. Do you think the E10 will increase the mids and powerful enough to drive?

Oct 18, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #79 of 1,324

Quote:
I got mine today and a signature was not required so they should just leave it in your mail box.

I don't have a mail box but rather a slot so anything that does not fit usually means a package slip so I can pick it up. My headphones will be coming in on Wednesday and also via USPS so I can pick both of them up in one trip so saves me some time. This is of course assuming no one is home and it is not likely that there will be people home.

Oct 18, 2011 at 1:56 PM Post #80 of 1,324

Quote:
Hi ClieOS,

Do you think the E10 is has more mids compared to others in the similar range?

I'm planning to increase the mids on DT770Pro 80Ohms. Do you think the E10 will increase the mids and powerful enough to drive?

I don't feel it has more mid than it supposed to have, nor find it lack of. But it certainly has better mid than the original NuForce uDAC. Don't know how well E10 will drive the Beyer, but I don't see why E10 won't be powerful enough (purely based on spec).

Oct 18, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #81 of 1,324
So in a surprising fashion my E10 has arrived. I guess someone was home when the usps came but that usually isn't the case. The E10 is tiny. It reminds me of the uDAC but smaller. I like the case they put it in as it will probably come in handy when I want to put it in my bag. I thought they left out the usb cable but it was on the bottom of the case so it was a bit deceptive but it wouldn't have mattered since I have lots of usb to micro cables.

I have only used them with my customs for a few minutes but there is some channel imbalance but it ends at around 0.5/8 on low gain. It sounds quite good with my customs but don't have much time before I have to leave. I'll try with my DT880 later but not expecting much. The cable is a bit long for me but I have one that is short and one I like to use with charging my old phone so I'll use it with this instead now. If I still had my 3.5mm to RCA cable I'd test it out how good the dac is since my PPAv2 amp isn't really doing much these days other than collecting dust.

Also I tried the bass boost with my customs and it does add a good amount of bass but I prefer it off. 

Oct 18, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #84 of 1,324
So I think I may have found what I wanted. I wanted a small usb dac/amp and I got just that. My previous one was a UHA4 but I sold them after finding out about these being shipped around this time as it was cheaper and I was not using the UHA4 fully due to the portable amp being lost on me. At $80 they are quite bargain and quite the versatile unit. I really like the little case it comes with as that was my issue with the uDAC that it did not have a pouch or anything to store it with but that's not the case here.

Quote:
Last time i had a device with an analog volume control i had unignorable balance issues after a year or so of use.
Any idea what to expect from the E10?

I don't quite understand what the question is? There is slight imbalance for me until around 0.5 on the volume knob and that is with a custom. With less sensitive phones I'm sure it will be less but I doubt many listen at that volume.

Quote:
Ugh I have been waiting on these to pop up on amazon.com now for weeks!

Why not just order from micca store? Their shipping was fast and it seems to be that they are a company with good CS as I haven't really heard anything negative about them. I certainly am satisfied with my purchase from them.

Oct 18, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #85 of 1,324
How would the E10 pair with the HD600/650. Is it powerful enough, and if so would I be hearing even close to the full potential of them?

Oct 18, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #86 of 1,324

Quote:
I don't quite understand what the question is? There is slight imbalance for me until around 0.5 on the volume knob and that is with a custom. With less sensitive phones I'm sure it will be less but I doubt many listen at that volume.

Sorry, i should have been more clear. It was a pair of headphones, actually, and not high end.
They had an analog volume control on them, and with time the balance went wrong, i got static as i turned the nob and the balance would actually change.
I had to use trial and error to get the balance right and then adjust the volume on my DAP.
Anyway, i was wondering if i might get similar problems down the line with other devices.

Oct 18, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #87 of 1,324

Quote:

Sorry, i should have been more clear. It was a pair of headphones, actually, and not high end.
They had an analog volume control on them, and with time the balance went wrong, i got static as i turned the nob and the balance would actually change.
I had to use trial and error to get the balance right and then adjust the volume on my DAP.
Anyway, i was wondering if i might get similar problems down the line with other devices.

I'm not sure that would be the fault of your amp. It could be the jack on the amp needed a touch up job on the solder, your cable going out or something else completely. As for those kind of concerns I have had my E10 for a few hours and no one really has had them long enough to know any issues that may come up. However I have not really had issues like that before so it may have just been a one time thing with that unit. I don't know how long the warranty is for the E10 but if you buy through an authorized dealer there may be some kind of warranty with it.

Quote:
How would the E10 pair with the HD600/650. Is it powerful enough, and if so would I be hearing even close to the full potential of them?

I will try with my DT880 when I get home but I'm not too keen about those being driven by a usb powered device. They require clean and a good amount quality amp. The DT880 is more difficult to drive imo so it should give a decent idea of how the HD600 may fare but I would suggest something that is not powered by usb. It also depends on how much you are willing to spend however.

Oct 18, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #88 of 1,324

Quote:
I'm not sure that would be the fault of your amp. It could be the jack on the amp needed a touch up job on the solder, your cable going out or something else completely. As for those kind of concerns I have had my E10 for a few hours and no one really has had them long enough to know any issues that may come up. However I have not really had issues like that before so it may have just been a one time thing with that unit. I don't know how long the warranty is for the E10 but if you buy through an authorized dealer there may be some kind of warranty with it.

Oh, okay. Thanks for the info :)

Oct 18, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #89 of 1,324
Last time i had a device with an analog volume control i had unignorable balance issues after a year or so of use.
Any idea what to expect from the E10?

I don't notice any channel imbalance with my Fischer Audio FA-011s, FA-002ws, Etymotic Er-4Ps, or JVC FX500s. Hope that helps.

Oct 18, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #90 of 1,324
Volume is not an issue with the DT880 which is not surprising. However it does not go anywhere near what I hear when I use my V200 or even my PPAv2 amp which is also expected. I would not use the E10 with a harder to drive phone unless this is all you can afford or if you only want one unit and plan on using it with easier to drive headphones or earphones. It could also be useful when you are in a bind such as if your dac dies on you and you have nothing else to use.

Also keep in mind that my standard of reference retails at around $1500 while this is a $80 usb dac/amp so it is definitely not a fair comparison but I am not making it out to be a fair comparison. If you have not heard a dac/amp before then it will sound great. If I have never heard the 2 dacs and amps then I will be happy with this but I have so I would want something better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back