[Impression] FiiO E10
Oct 21, 2011 at 7:44 AM Post #122 of 1,324

Quote:
Fine, but is it necessary to buy every new Fiio/iBasso to come down the pike ? Guys, its your money - no skin off my nose - but some of the logic escapes me when a new toy doesn't seem to have fulfilled a specific need. If I buy a DAC to replace the MSII, I want it to be a *better* DAC - ditto another mains-powered amp to replace the E9. Neither of these is anything other than a mid-fi toy, and I'm not pretending otherwise, but having more mid-fi toys to stash away in a desk drawer just seems redundant. Just my 2 cents worth.

Note that I'm not bagging the E10, just questioning some of our purchasing behaviour. Buying this toy simply to be able to say 'Aaah - I knew the DAC wouldn't be much chop !' seems like an odd way to approach audio.

Is this still referring to me or in general? If so I do have other needs than a dac and amp for home use but I did not purchase the E10 just to say it wasn't that good but it just doesn't do a good job when driving headphones that are harder to drive as some people have asked about that earlier in this thread.

Oct 21, 2011 at 12:11 PM Post #124 of 1,324
All my cans benefit very well from the E10 except for my Ultrasone Pro 550, these paired with the E10 = a very recessed midrange. It seems that the Ultrasones do not go well with the E10, they do however sound great when paired with the E7+E9 combo.

Seems to be the infamous Ultrasone burn in (only around 70 Hrs, shouldnt be using these to judge any equipment) that played part in what i stated previously because they now sound bloody amazing from the E10. The E10 is absolute great!, they work well with everything i've tried with it. Fantastic DAC and awesome amp, this was a great purchase. Looks like my E7 is going out.

Oct 21, 2011 at 12:16 PM Post #125 of 1,324
just got my e10 this morning.  i'm enjoying it with my quads, the e10 makes vocals nice and full, gotta love those mids.  overall quality's excellent and it's been an excellent purchase.  awesome work fiio!

on another note, this thing is tiny... it's not my customs that are huge!

Oct 21, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #127 of 1,324
I received the E10 in the post today, and I'm now playing some music through Spotify. The E10 is clearly an improvement over the E7 I used to own, at least with the ER4S. On the E7 the bass boost was "unnatural", artificial.
To be fair I wasn't expecting this little device to sound this good, I can't believe the quality you can get with £50.

Oct 21, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #128 of 1,324
I've had mine for two days now.

E10 + RE-ZERO is a great combination. It maintains detail and adds separation, plus the perfect amount low end punch.

Also, I was messing around, and found out that with the E10, the ZERO works fine without the balanced adapter, but only with the plug at certain angles.

The TMA-1 does also benefit from the E10, as it doesn't seem as dark and the soundstage improves. On high gain I guess I could say that it sounds like they would after I used EQ to boost the treble.

Oct 21, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #130 of 1,324
Hi clieos, can you please elaborate more on the e10+e9 combination? I am going to pair it with the dt 990 600 ohm edition (which is quite bright) and just wanted to have a more general idea of what the fiio e10 and e9 sound like together, thanks!

Oct 21, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #131 of 1,324
Just receive mine from Micca today.  Wow, great service and very fast shipping.  For the price I don't see how anyone can complain.  I'm using Winamp 5.6x on my X220 Thinkpad, and I'm happy by the way it sounds with my RS2, PK1, and C3.  Volume is set at 35/50, low gain, and dialed in at 3 on the volume pot.  A very good purchase that overflows with value and quality.  I think Fiio hit a home run with the E10. 

Oct 21, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #132 of 1,324
+1 ~ Didn't expect the E10 to sound that great.  I've been rocking' with the E10 and my Sennheiser HD 25-1 II's for the last two nights.
Switched back and forth between the E10 and the E7 and regretfully, probably going to retire my E7. The E10 definitely has a better soundstage, mids and is much more dynamic.  Loving  Adele on the E10/Senn combo! May even get an E10 for my living room system and keep one in the office.

Quote:
I received the E10 in the post today, and I'm now playing some music through Spotify. The E10 is clearly an improvement over the E7 I used to own, at least with the ER4S. On the E7 the bass boost was "unnatural", artificial.
To be fair I wasn't expecting this little device to sound this good, I can't believe the quality you can get with £50.

Oct 21, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #133 of 1,324

Quote:
Hi clieos, can you please elaborate more on the e10+e9 combination? I am going to pair it with the dt 990 600 ohm edition (which is quite bright) and just wanted to have a more general idea of what the fiio e10 and e9 sound like together, thanks!

For general E9 sound signature, I guess you can refer to the many E9 threads in the forum. What is mainly different between E7+E9 and E10+E9 is that the later sound more detail overall with better extension on both ends. The overall sound is still slightly warm, as with most of FiiO amps. I guess that should be beneficial to any bright sounding headphone.

Oct 22, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #134 of 1,324
I

It sounds just... GREAT

----------------------

as a sidenote... i'm noticing that if i move my headphone cable when is plugged in the 3.5mm, i lose audio in one side.. something like is not well soldered, fixed, or something like that.

sometimes when i move my cans or e10 of place, i lose the connection and sounds horrible, and need to move it again to hear it normally.

I think is bad... for a new product.

for the sound, well, sounds very good, but dont have anything to compare against.

Oct 22, 2011 at 6:06 AM Post #135 of 1,324

Quote:
as a sidenote... i'm noticing that if i move my headphone cable when is plugged in the 3.5mm, i lose audio in one side.. something like is not well soldered, fixed, or something like that.

sometimes when i move my cans or e10 of place, i lose the connection and sounds horrible, and need to move it again to hear it normally.

I think is bad... for a new product.

for the sound, well, sounds very good, but dont have anything to compare against.

Have you tried other headphones with it ? sometimes the plugs are not 100% accuarate in size and that results in a bad connection to the E10.
As for me i have no such problems with my beyer dt 880 pro and the e10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back