Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Jan 11, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #3,001 of 3,643
It was most noticeable with audiobooks so I did send them back. Though if yours don't have the same problem, I might go for another pair as it sounds as though I had a faulty set.

Thanks for everyone's feedback.

For the audiobooks, I wonder if there was the same background hiss when you used a corded headphone instead of Bluetooth?  I can imagine that since audiobooks began as cassettes, they might of just been copied, as high-noise cassettes, into the file you were listening to.  That would cause the problem of hiss independent of Bluetooth.

Jan 11, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #3,002 of 3,643

For the audiobooks, I wonder if there was the same background hiss when you used a corded headphone instead of Bluetooth?  I can imagine that since audiobooks began as cassettes, they might of just been copied, as high-noise cassettes, into the file you were listening to.  That would cause the problem of hiss independent of Bluetooth.

i dont know if i'd listen to any audiobook or lectures online with a bluetooth. Well anyway i have UFO (PLUS ) but hiss is present, but luckily cuts off immediately once sound is cut. and usually music drowns it out, but somewhat present with acapella. Usually once wired, clean. I would think dt100 is amazing for such thing as i often listen to interviews/lectures youtube babbling with them on, and they are absolutely strange with acapellas like your friend is singing to you over a very clean phone line. its not bluetooth though! Also it kills system noise to the extreme. i dont know how, but it does.

Jan 12, 2017 at 3:21 AM Post #3,003 of 3,643
Ive been looking at the Mee Audio AF62 Matrix, Matrix2 and some others by Mee, Ausdom, Nakamichi and a few others. There are quite a few that look similar and are made by the same manufacturer. Has anyone disassembled the Matrix2 or others? I would be curious to know which ones use the same drivers. Anyone have any pictures of the Matrix2 drivers?

Jan 12, 2017 at 3:44 AM Post #3,004 of 3,643

Used wired, the headphones are silent.

The noise is definitely more a buzz than a hiss. It's very similar to the noise I've heard on other Bluetooth headphones when they're turning on or negotiating something with the source but with the H500BTs it didn't go away.

Jan 15, 2017 at 7:00 AM Post #3,008 of 3,643
Took a punt on a pair of Harmon Kardon Soho Wireless today. Pretty pleased with these considering the price. Pretty well balanced and transparent for 30 mm drivers, and they respond well to a touch of extra bass. Treble is a tiny bit sharp, but it is (along with the mids) quite transparent and well defined. Overall sound is balanced and rich. Build quality is A+. Leather headband and earcup pads. The arms are metal, and there's only a bit of plastic on the cups. They are superbly comfortable and light, and clamping force is just about right. They come with a compact suede pouch into which the headphones fold neatly.

Jan 15, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #3,009 of 3,643
They look really fashionable! Quite a pretty set of petite little cans there...

I had what I assume is the older, bigger brother of those, the Harman Kardon BT, which had the same styling but are over-ear, and I remember liking them for their clarity and comfort, but I traded them for some wired studio monitors I needed.

Took a punt on a pair of Harmon Kardon Soho Wireless today. Pretty pleased with these considering the price. Pretty well balanced and transparent for 30 mm drivers, and they respond well to a touch of extra bass. Treble is a tiny bit sharp, but it is (along with the mids) quite transparent and well defined. Overall sound is balanced and rich. Build quality is A+. Leather headband and earcup pads. The arms are metal, and there's only a bit of plastic on the cups. They are superbly comfortable and light, and clamping force is just about right. They come with a compact suede pouch into which the headphones fold neatly.

Jan 15, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #3,010 of 3,643
They look really fashionable! Quite a pretty set of petite little cans there...

I had what I assume is the older, bigger brother of those, the Harman Kardon BT, which had the same styling but are over-ear, and I remember liking them for their clarity and comfort, but I traded them for some wired studio monitors I needed.
Thanks. Yes I got them because they're about as portable as headphones get.

Jan 18, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #3,011 of 3,643
Hey Guys,

I can't decide if I want to go with the Sony MDR-10RBT or the MDR-ZX770bn. Both seem to have very similar specs on paper except the ZX770bn has ANC. However I have read it also has a more warm sound signature and better bass.

I've tried the 10RBT; the bass was ok but the treble was a bit too much. Can someone verify if the ZX770bn has a better bass?

Also will turning off noise cancelling improve the sound quality on ANC headphones or make it worse?

Thanks.

Jan 19, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #3,013 of 3,643
Just received the Audio Technica ATH-WS99BT, and I'm sorry, but this thing is absolutely HORRENDOUS. How the hell is this rated #1 by the OP?

Comfort wise, it's actually perfect for my ears and I really enjoy the light-weight of it compared to the Plantronics BBP. However, the audio quality is atrocious by sounding so sterile. There's such a lack of bass — I turned up the equalizer on iTunes to bass mode (I know it doesn't do much), but it still ended up sounding just like my Klipsch X10s earbuds! I also have to pump up the volume to about 75% to get an acceptable amount of audio through (I promise I'm not deaf). 

Is there some feature I'm missing? I'm planning on returning these things ASAP. 

Jan 21, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #3,015 of 3,643

Is there some feature I'm missing? I'm planning on returning these things ASAP. 

Have no idea, but when I owned them I did not at all experience what you are describing sound wise. What on earth were you listening to before?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back