Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
Aug 8, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #781 of 1,899
You’re right. This is not an issue.

Also I want to add thanks to Hiby for bringing us a fantastic flagship DAP at a reasonable price !
I just saw the Cayin N30LE leak. It has the same 2 DACs, Nutube and a bit more RAM.
It costs 7 times more and weighs 3 times heavier !
Pity on the poor souls who would buy it.
Just point of fact ... 4499EQ (discontinued) is not the same as the 4499EX.

Aug 8, 2023 at 5:40 PM Post #783 of 1,899
I know. I didn’t want to elaborate it too much.
Besides AK4499EXEQ is simply AK4499EQ split into EX and EQ so not a huge difference, just that the former is the newer model.
More expensive to implement the EXEQ as seen on the R6proII for sure, both in terms of cost (circuit board cost, if not cost of the actual chip itself) and power consumption. 🤕

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 9, 2023 at 6:52 PM Post #785 of 1,899
I have two questions for the experts of this DAP:

1. Is it possible (function in setting) to rotate the screen so that the headphone jacks are at the top?
2.When listening to music, e.g. from Tidal, is there a faint crack at the beginning of the song, just before the song starts?
Especially when the utes have different sampling rates, have you noticed that in ?

Aug 9, 2023 at 10:46 PM Post #786 of 1,899
I have two questions for the experts of this DAP:

1. Is it possible (function in setting) to rotate the screen so that the headphone jacks are at the top?
2.When listening to music, e.g. from Tidal, is there a faint crack at the beginning of the song, just before the song starts?
Especially when the utes have different sampling rates, have you noticed that in ?
1. Yes.
2. I would think so, yes, for technical reason: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/r5-a-new-android-dap-by-hiby.912566/page-147#post-15610086

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 10, 2023 at 12:15 AM Post #787 of 1,899
I think I have detected the same stutter as well when playing an MQA file. Unless I am mis-remembering it only seems to happen when an MQA song is following a non-MQA song. An MQA song that comes after another MQA song does not seem to suffer from this. But I have to go back and experiment to ensure I am not mistaken.

Aug 10, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #788 of 1,899
I am aware that my question is a bit unfair, as I am comparing two different price segments. the Shanling M3Ultra, Vs Hippy R6P2 is my dilemma.

One side M3U, price, battery, and size are in its favour, r6p2 has the sound that everyone seems to be wowed by. I am not able to hear both to make my choice. I like the neutral to warmer signature. I am not a base head but treble-leaning players tend to give me fatigue, thus r63 was not in my consideration set. I am not using very demanding IEMs.

Thank you.

Aug 10, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #789 of 1,899
I am aware that my question is a bit unfair, as I am comparing two different price segments. the Shanling M3Ultra, Vs Hippy R6P2 is my dilemma.

One side M3U, price, battery, and size are in its favour, r6p2 has the sound that everyone seems to be wowed by. I am not able to hear both to make my choice. I like the neutral to warmer signature. I am not a base head but treble-leaning players tend to give me fatigue, thus r63 was not in my consideration set. I am not using very demanding IEMs.

Thank you.
Hello.
I had a similar choice. I settled on the R6proII, because this devices are of a completely different class. I understand that if I bought the M3Ultra, after some time I would still sell it and buy a R6proII.

Aug 10, 2023 at 5:29 PM Post #790 of 1,899

Thank you.
R6 PRO II seems to be a good choice

Aug 10, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #791 of 1,899
I ordered a R6 PRO2 and it should be delivered tomorrow. I just bought a 1TB SanDisk Extreme PRO micro SDXC UHS-I card with adapter. Do I need to format the memory card before copying music files to it? Thanks!

Aug 10, 2023 at 9:16 PM Post #792 of 1,899
I ordered a R6 PRO2 and it should be delivered tomorrow. I just bought a 1TB SanDisk Extreme PRO micro SDXC UHS-I card with adapter. Do I need to format the memory card before copying music files to it? Thanks!
I always format my card when I put it into a new player. It doesn’t hurt, even if it’s already formatted.

Aug 10, 2023 at 11:47 PM Post #793 of 1,899
I always format my card when I put it into a new player. It doesn’t hurt, even if it’s already formatted.
Ok, what type of format should I use?

Aug 11, 2023 at 2:53 AM Post #795 of 1,899
Hello.
I had a similar choice. I settled on the R6proII, because this devices are of a completely different class. I understand that if I bought the M3Ultra, after some time I would still sell it and buy a R6proII.
I had this thought in the back of my head. I even was eyeing Sony707 before R6P2 was announced.

@YanaMJ - Thank You, It's just the price difference that made me question which one of the two would be a better choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back