Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Jul 23, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #11,416 of 12,591
@Basstion Thanks bro, good to be back. Looking forward to more good times and lots of BASS!!!

Legend X is in the house!!!
15323613450478774715794373308887.jpg

Jul 23, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #11,418 of 12,591
Lol, definitely good way to jump right back into things here. I've only briefly listened so far. I thought I'd be knocked over by the bass, although it's very present, it's the clarity that really shines so far for me. Definitely need more time with them, but quick impressions are that overall, it sounds very good to me. I'd like to do some quick abing between these and some of my other favorite high ends iems.

Jul 25, 2018 at 5:59 PM Post #11,419 of 12,591
Anyone heard of Sony XB90EX left/right driver just giving out one day to the next? Not abused, kept in clamshell hardcase, no visible damage, cable checked, sources checked. Left side is just dead. Looking at the prices these go for now and considering i got them for 80€...makes it really hard to find a replacement. Guess i can just slice up the cables and check with a multimeter / reterminate the plug?

also damn

Jul 25, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #11,420 of 12,591
Anyone heard of Sony XB90EX left/right driver just giving out one day to the next? Not abused, kept in clamshell hardcase, no visible damage, cable checked, sources checked. Left side is just dead. Looking at the prices these go for now and considering i got them for 80€...makes it really hard to find a replacement. Guess i can just slice up the cables and check with a multimeter / reterminate the plug?

also damn

The same thing happened to me. I'm pretty sure the problem is with the cable. Of course, if you have knowledge and skill, try to repair it. Let us know your results. Luck!!

Jul 26, 2018 at 1:55 AM Post #11,422 of 12,591
Hey guys, long time lurker here.

I was looking a replacement for my XB90EX due to its old age and one of the rubber padding on the left coming off. I really loved that pair o f IEMS , its bass was monstrous. So i got an IBasso IT01 and Im extremely impressed by it.
I feel that its even better than the Sonys with good sounstage, seperation and bass.

Anyone have any experience regarding the FiiO FH1 vs the IT01?

Jul 26, 2018 at 3:47 AM Post #11,423 of 12,591

also damn
I have experienced the exact same problem with two different sets of xb90's, both left drivers won't produce any sound. For both sets this problem started randomly. They are very well taken care of, with no strain on the cable whatsoever.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018 at 4:02 AM Post #11,424 of 12,591
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome back!! Just trying to make the day go by quickly today... Legend X, tomorrow!!

Has anyone heard 64 Audio N8 yet? I'm hearing really great things about it. Atlas on my list as well.

Yep, just listened to the 64 Audio N8 and Atlas about a week ago. Didn’t spend a ton of time with either, but I’m pretty good at figuring out IEMs fast. The Atlas is more dynamic and vibrant; very in your face. But the best part of the Atlas was the lower midrange and bass definition. Just super placed in the soundstage with a fast and refined character.

I still need to go back and do comparisons between the two, but I remember the N8 being slighly more layed back in comparison to the Atlas. The N8 was more thick sounding too. Still take this with a grain of salt as I didn’t spend that much time with them. The N8 was more organic with the Atlas being somewhat electric sounding?

They both were ultimate V signature to the teeth.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #11,425 of 12,591
Hi all,

I could do with some advice. I've been a long-term Future Sonics owner. I've owned most versions of the Atrios, and more recently I've owned two pairs of Spectrum G10s which have been excellent for me - their sound signature is dark, the bass is rich and deep, the double flange tips they come with are superb. I need large tips for my large ears.

Recently my latest G10s have had a problem with the cable. They're outside warranty, so this got me thinking - should I buy another pair of G10s or look for something else?

I've been looking at higher priced models like the Sennheiser IE800, not to mention many other models mentioned in this thread, but I'm not really sure if they'll meet the sound spectrum and wear-ability of the G10s.

Can anyone help recommend some models to look at that might be suited to a rich, deep bass, with an excellent darker and comfortable sound signature?

Thanks.

Jul 30, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #11,427 of 12,591
Well after doing a load more research, I've decided to go for a pair of IMR R1. Fingers crossed they meet what I'm looking for, they look like excellent headphones.
Get the bstock, it's half off for a barely hard too see nick buddy. Enjoy

Jul 30, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #11,428 of 12,591
How does the IMR R1 compare to the top 10 list?

My Fostex Th900mk2 aren't too suitable for the train as I really do like to listen at loud volumes and I'd love something detailed and rich that can match that kind of experience :) and I'd love an iem that's similar in terms of soundstage if possible!

Aug 4, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #11,429 of 12,591
Anyone heard the new TFZ Secret Garden? 12mm dual dynamics (graphene) and the shell looks pretty comfy too. I'm a fan of anything dynamic but I've been reluctant to buy anything by TFZ. And not much can pry me away from the fx850 woodies or the xb90ex.

MD has them for $159 vs 199 MSRP. Definitely looking hard at them... The specs look similar to the series 4?

Aug 5, 2018 at 12:50 AM Post #11,430 of 12,591
Anyone heard the new TFZ Secret Garden? 12mm dual dynamics (graphene) and the shell looks pretty comfy too. I'm a fan of anything dynamic but I've been reluctant to buy anything by TFZ. And not much can pry me away from the fx850 woodies or the xb90ex.

MD has them for $159 vs 199 MSRP. Definitely looking hard at them... The specs look similar to the series 4?
According to a very reliable buddy and enthusiast in his own words "slightly vshape to balance, very good extension lows and highs and very wide soundstage". Then I asked further and he replied "yes full sounding". Now i'm interested as well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back