Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Jun 7, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #11,386 of 12,592
I'm currently looking for a replacement for my ATH-CKS77x, I was etching towards the Sony MDR-XB90EX but since they're currently outside of my price range, I was wondering whether you could recommend anything for £100 and under (approx. $134)

Jun 17, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #11,387 of 12,592
Hello, I have a question westone w50 vs lza5, what do you say ???

It's too bad, haven't auditioned the A5. But i got a pair of W50s, you won't be disappointed.

Jun 17, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #11,390 of 12,592
I'm looking for bluetooth in ears/earbuds for my gym sessions. Which in ears/buds with deep bass are recommended? Budget max €200,-

Check out the TFZ Exclusive 5 in-ears (careful with these, as the earbud can get detached from the cable and get lost or connector can be broken):

https://penonaudio.com/tfz-exclusive-5.html?limit=100

Add an KZ 2-pin Bluetooth w/ mic cable:

https://penonaudio.com/accessories/kz-bluetooth-upgrade-cable.html?sort=p.price&order=ASC&limit=100

If buying from Penon Audio, add their free 5yr-anniversary gift (suggestion: add the free case):

https://penonaudio.com/free-gift-for-5-years-anniversary.html

Jun 18, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #11,391 of 12,592
Guys, which is the bassiest one from the TFZ portfolio?
Or, anything around 100-150 dollars max? 2 pin detach cable, and proper noise isolation is an advantage.

Jun 18, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #11,392 of 12,592
Guys, which is the bassiest one from the TFZ portfolio?
Or, anything around 100-150 dollars max? 2 pin detach cable, and proper noise isolation is an advantage.

Can't speak to the TFZ series as I haven't tried them but my recommendation is to find a pair of JVC fx850 woodies. You still get removable cables (mmcx though) and the best warm, bassy sound and fantastic timbre I've ever heard from an IEM. The only minor thing that takes away from the experience is the size and shape of the wooden shells but then again they wouldn't perform as they do if designed differently.

A bit above your stated budget but check the FS listings here. Apologies in advance since you are asking for TFZ but I just haven't had the best experience with any of the cheaper Chi Fi stuff. Hope you find what you are looking for!

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:11 AM Post #11,393 of 12,592
Hi,I need serious help. Im looking for an upgrade over my rock jaw Alfa genus V2. My preferred signature is alot of bass with thick mids, not vshaped and relaxed treble. I also have dunu titan 3 but don't like it due too a very thin midrange. Is the kc09 the answer or any other recommendations? Thanks

Jun 24, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #11,394 of 12,592
If ever a bass-head is on a tight budget, try the Sony Ex700lp . New ones are listed under $80 for sale. They kick both the 7550 with the tape mod or the Z5 in raw subbass. One of the most underrated IEMs. Posting this while doing a b2b testing between all the Sony IEMs I got.

Listening to Mark Ronson - Uptown funk 88.2khz/24bit the Ex700lp eartips vibrate.

Ps: My Ex700lp have over 500 hrs or so.. on them
May I ask where you saw the ex700LP for $80? I found one that wasn't a fake on eBay and it just sold for $125+. having problems finding another. Thanks in advance.

Jul 21, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #11,397 of 12,592
What's up guys? Been off the forums for a while. Both my parents we're very ill, and unfortunately my mom passed away. I obviously took it pretty hard and kind of turned into a hermit for a while. I'm back now (obviously)...thought I'd pop in on my favorite head-fi thread and say hello, see what's new in the basshead iem world. Read some reviews, watch some solid reviews from a guy named @Hawaiibadboy, I really enjoy that guy's video reviews a lot. Lol

Some nice new gear out I see...so rather than waste any more time, figured I'd update my audio gear. Empire Ears Legend X is incoming, will be here Monday. Universal, 2.5mm jack.

Jul 21, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #11,398 of 12,592
What's up guys? Been off the forums for a while. Both my parents we're very ill, and unfortunately my mom passed away. I obviously took it pretty hard and kind of turned into a hermit for a while. I'm back now (obviously)...thought I'd pop in on my favorite head-fi thread and say hello, see what's new in the basshead iem world. Read some reviews, watch some solid reviews from a guy named @Hawaiibadboy, I really enjoy that guy's video reviews a lot. Lol

Some nice new gear out I see...so rather than waste any more time, figured I'd update my audio gear. Empire Ears Legend X is incoming, will be here Monday. Universal, 2.5mm jack.

Welcome back, we missed you! Sorry to hear about your parents. I lost my younger brother earlier this year so I understand. I picked up the IMR R1, it’s basshead for sure, but I’ve kind of switched back to over ears with the purchase of the Klipsch HP3. Awesome headphone. The iSine 20 is also great, as well as hifiman he560.

Jul 21, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #11,400 of 12,592
Hi guys, looking for a pair of IEM to be used without amp/dac my budget is 500$ (maybe more if needed). Listening mostly EDM Hardstyle.
I’m also an owner of a pair of fidelio x2 and I’m looking for something with more bass (I often found my self pushing the speaker to my ears haha) .
I don’t really care about fidelity I’m all about that bass for this buy. Regards!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back