Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
May 7, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #7,201 of 12,597
I'll never understand some people. What is the point of this post?

http://www.hea

Go to the beach.

Anyone with any IEM that have a less than optimal seal....

I was staring at the Monk pack and the old school covers and thinking...hmmmmmmm

Today I covered my 2 hardest to seal ones and shhhhhhazaaam!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to find a permanent pipeline for these covers so when they get old

May 7, 2016 at 5:51 AM Post #7,202 of 12,597

Go to the beach.

Anyone with any IEM that have a less than optimal seal....

I was staring at the Monk pack and the old school covers and thinking...hmmmmmmm

Today I covered my 2 hardest to seal ones and shhhhhhazaaam!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to find a permanent pipeline for these covers so when they get old

u sir are a genius

May 7, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #7,203 of 12,597
To check (sorry, probably the stupidest post I've ever made in my time here) you mean the foam covers that go over standard earphones?

May 7, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #7,204 of 12,597
To check (sorry, probably the stupidest post I've ever made in my time here) you mean the foam covers that go over standard earphones?

Yes I just took the foam covers that come with the Monk and wrapped a big tip and

Ohhhhhh yeah.....

I was looking at em late last night and thought that might work and treble gets filtered through this kind of material..kind of a double bang.

Sometimes the best ideas are the simplest. Since these are for holding buds in your ear they should help a lot with insertion issues with regular IEM...and they do. If it bothers the sound sig I could make a hole in the tip of the cover but it sounds a tad smoothed and I'm cool with that.

May 7, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #7,206 of 12,597
I always believed in the IE80s and in my quest to achieve sub bass through these beauties I think I may have landed on a gold mine of eqing via neutron. I was tinkering with the eq all day and The only way where I was able to achieve rich subb without distorting was by using 5+ bands of the twenty for frequencies between 24-55Hz each with a gain not higher than 1.3 and using a combination of low shelf and peak filters.Im still trying to figure out the impact of q values and the other terminologies.  If there is a better way, I am all ears!

May 7, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #7,207 of 12,597
  I always believed in the IE80s and in my quest to achieve sub bass through these beauties I think I may have landed on a gold mine of eqing via neutron. I was tinkering with the eq all day and The only way where I was able to achieve rich subb without distorting was by using 5+ bands of the twenty for frequencies between 24-55Hz each with a gain not higher than 1.3 and using a combination of low shelf and peak filters.Im still trying to figure out the impact of q values and the other terminologies.  If there is a better way, I am all ears!

I am going to make a sub section of the first post with known Neutron setting for particular IEM's

My ex1000 throb. Pink Floyd "Welcome to the Machine" is literally a throb that switches from left to right channel all through the track and it's a trip. Without Neutron that never happens.
Neutron is boss. I love that app. Tweak it constantly. I also have multiple bass freq's between 18 and 79   18,31,50,66,79<<<<<******* ill!!! LOVE IIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!

May 7, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #7,208 of 12,597

I am going to make a sub section of the first post with known Neutron setting for particular IEM's

My ex1000 throb. Pink Floyd "Welcome to the Machine" is literally a throb that switches from left to right channel all through the track and it's a trip. Without Neutron that never happens.
Neutron is boss. I love that app. Tweak it constantly. I also have multiple bass freq's between 18 and 79   18,31,50,66,79<<<<<******* ill!!! LOVE IIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!

Yes it is such a great app! But can you tell me why the 18 frequency as we cant hear anything below 20? Also would you have a clue how I can minimize distortion/clipping of the sound when I barely push the gain past 2.0 level.

May 7, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #7,211 of 12,597
Cause you can feel 18hz.

Keeo your gain lower, and increase your volume.

Bingo.

The driver is maybe moving and definitely has energy going to it which can be felt. It is same with sub-woofers. Raising too late is an issue but raising too low never is. Not for a bass lover.

Neutron has an AGP Anti gain protection that works pretty good. I don't use it but I have and it works so try that audiohol

May 7, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #7,212 of 12,597

Bingo.

The driver is maybe moving and definitely has energy going to it which can be felt. It is same with sub-woofers. Raising too late is an issue but raising too low never is. Not for a bass lover.

Neutron has an AGP Anti gain protection that works pretty good. I don't use it but I have and it works so try that audiohol

oh so THATS what its called! thanks will look into it. 

May 7, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #7,213 of 12,597
  oh so THATS what its called! thanks will look into it. 

Q: On each track change the sound becomes overloaded (too loud) and then becomes again normal, is it a bug?

No, it is not a bug. Most probably you misused the Preamp. You can fix it as following:
  • Make sure that in Controls screen you have Preamp slider in the middle position (0 dB).
  • Go to Neutron UI -> Settings -> Automatic Gain Protection -> check if RESET GAIN value is 0 dB, if not, reset it to 0 dB with the slider.

Q: If I set Preamp gain above slider's middle position sound becomes distorted.

A: Preamp gain control is digital amplification mechanism. To adjust analogue gain of your device (loudness of speakers) you shall use device up/down volume buttons, or Neutron’s Master HW gain. Digital gain in normal circumstances shall not be increased above middle position of slider (>0 dB). Normal circumstances mean when audio is normalized (usually all commercial music is normalized). Using digital gain above slider's middle position (>0 dB) makes sense only if your audio is not normalized and is quieter than usual, for example if you are listening to custom recording. Amplifying normalized audio signal by using digital gain will lead to its guaranteed distortion. Use digital Preamp to decrease audio gain only if you increase gain of some frequencies by equalizer. Use it with care and when you know what are you doing! Otherwise simply use standard hardware volume controls and do not care about it.

http://neutronmp.com/faq.html

May 7, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #7,215 of 12,597

Yes it is such a great app! But can you tell me why the 18 frequency as we cant hear anything below 20? Also would you have a clue how I can minimize distortion/clipping of the sound when I barely push the gain past 2.0 level.

Cause you can feel 18hz.

Keeo your gain lower, and increase your volume.

Increase volume using the physical volume buttons on your device. Don't push the "gain". If you peg the physical volume and still don't get enough volume without pushing the gain (that can't really be pushed), you need a headphone amplifier.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back