Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
May 7, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #7,224 of 12,597
I respect your opinion but that doesn't help me know how they sound.  I think $280 for CIEMs is worth checking out as some companies charge that much just to re-shell CIEMs.  But if it's confirmed that they sound like **** from some bros in this thread then I'll pass.

May 7, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #7,226 of 12,597
  I respect your opinion but that doesn't help me know how they sound.  I think $280 for CIEMs is worth checking out as some companies charge that much just to re-shell CIEMs.  But if it's confirmed that they sound like **** from some bros in this thread then I'll pass.

the mid bass slam is so powerful that it hides other things. sound and treble are smooth and details retrieval is average. narrow soundstage. basically there are better options like the oriveti, flc8s, dn1k/2k/2kj.

you will be surprised that a3h pro cannot match those iems i have listed above.

i get that it is cheap for ciem and worth checking out but if you care for the sound. go for the universals which I have listed

cheers

May 7, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #7,227 of 12,597
Thanks, that is definitely more helpful.  I have a thing for the customizable options of CIEMs as opposed to generic looking UIEMs.  For the amount of money some UIEMs cost you'd think somebody would offer color and design options like CIEMs do.

May 7, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #7,229 of 12,597
  Thanks, that is definitely more helpful.  I have a thing for the customizable options of CIEMs as opposed to generic looking UIEMs.  For the amount of money some UIEMs cost you'd think somebody would offer color and design options like CIEMs do.

well sound or design mate? i guess sound > design

beerchug.gif

May 7, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #7,230 of 12,597
Customs get pretty pricey. @thejammonster is the asg your first set of customs? How are you enjoying it so far?

Yes AS-2.5 are my first CIEMs.  The isolation and fit is a lot better, as can be expected.  I really didn't need the ambient port (I was worried I would be bothered by the seal) but I can leave them closed so that they don't affect anything.  I wish they had more customization options like these AAW but they're more for musicians than home users wanting some bling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back