Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
May 7, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #7,232 of 12,597
If im looking for an iem circa 100 USD (this is pushing budget) i cant drive with anything special, just an android or ipad. A good deal of my files are mp3 if that really means much here. I want to avoid harsh trebles, want bass that isnt a cannon. I want a good deal of bass, but not sony 90ex. I also require a good deal of durability as they will be put in my pocket (not always as carefully as you'd probably like) . Because ill be using em on the go, i need isolation against outside noise, now, im not really concerned if others hear my music, but i dont want to be too botherdd by outside noises. I listen to hip hop and metal mostly, but then a bit of stuff between the two genres. Bass should be powerful, and mids full but not muddy. I have fairly sensitive ears and dont want highs to be piercing. If you could lend me any guidance or recommendations despite my meager budget, id greatly appreciate it

May 7, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #7,233 of 12,597
It functions totally differently being a screw instead of a dial but it has the same result.  The DD is the same so it can only do so much.  The one interesting thing is that the BA's are in the ear canal part.  I don't think they are there in the ASG version but I couldn't see inside the previous pairs.

May 7, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #7,234 of 12,597
If im looking for an iem circa 100 USD (this is pushing budget) i cant drive with anything special, just an android or ipad. A good deal of my files are mp3 if that really means much here. I want to avoid harsh trebles, want bass that isnt a cannon. I want a good deal of bass, but not sony 90ex. I also require a good deal of durability as they will be put in my pocket (not always as carefully as you'd probably like) . Because ill be using em on the go, i need isolation against outside noise, now, im not really concerned if others hear my music, but i dont want to be too botherdd by outside noises. I listen to hip hop and metal mostly, but then a bit of stuff between the two genres. Bass should be powerful, and mids full but not muddy. I have fairly sensitive ears and dont want highs to be piercing. If you could lend me any guidance or recommendations despite my meager budget, id greatly appreciate it

AD01

Fine off a DAP
Elevated sub-bass
smooth overall sound
Fits your price

May 7, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #7,238 of 12,597
There is only one option here... Sony Xb90ex!! Although I'm neglecting them lately. I need to listen to my other precious. Ref 1 Too has been hogging my heart.

@vapman Sorry, brushed nickel bro. Forget gold. Vomit.
wink.gif

The important thing is, do you think there's just a bit more sub bass rumble than the plastic housed 2.5? i think so and jmills agrees...

May 7, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #7,241 of 12,597

Yes AS-2.5 are my first CIEMs.  The isolation and fit is a lot better, as can be expected.  I really didn't need the ambient port (I was worried I would be bothered by the seal) but I can leave them closed so that they don't affect anything.  I wish they had more customization options like these AAW but they're more for musicians than home users wanting some bling.

so it seems like you didn't like your custom 2.5 as much as you thought it would be?

May 7, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #7,242 of 12,597
Hey thejammonster, what earphones are you looking to EQ and how? You may pm me :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 8, 2016 at 1:24 AM Post #7,245 of 12,597
As in asg g2? I have that one too. :wink:

I've been watching movies with my IEMS. Found the perfect stack, xfinity optical out-mojo-creative E5-to your favorite basshead iem.

Amazing. Almost movie theater sound, ok not quite, bad damn good anyway. The E5 improves the sound due to the eq and it has surround sound capabilities.

Sound is great with just mojo and nice IEMS, but The E5 brings it to another level.

Just another fun thing with basshead IEMS. Action movies are fun with headohines/IEMS. My preference for action movies is either fostex th900, ref 1 too, or asg g2.5.

The Sony nudes are another excellent option for non action movies, with their crystal clear mids, sound I'd lovely.

Figured I needed a break from 8 hours of music today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back