Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Feb 20, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #4,415 of 12,597
It's very safe. Just need to follow directions. I've never bricked a phone through rooting. When I first started, I flashed an international rom on my phone, didn't know the difference at the time, bricked it. Oops. If you need help, I can walk you through it. It sounds a lot worse than it is.

Feb 20, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #4,416 of 12,597
I think rooting does invalidate warranty, though if an old phone probably not even a concern.
My first phone was an OG Galaxy that was super cheap because it was locked to a regional carrier. Was such a PITA to root/flash/jailbreak that thing and it was considered an easy model for that stuff lol.
I guess its a lot easier these days, or I'm just dense, or both
tongue.gif

Feb 20, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #4,419 of 12,597
Feb 20, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #4,421 of 12,597
Alright you guys. Sit down and get ready to pull out the wallet one time.

If you remember me saying a bunch of praise about the $15 KZ ATE's being basshead awesome IEMs when amped/EQ'd (they can take tons of EQ), and they truly are basshead.

One member who doesn't post in the bass thread let me know the ATE-S has more bass. Plus it has the over the ear style cable like the 7550 - a huge plus because cause it keeps these cables from being super loud banging around every time you turn your head.

And now the part you're waiting for - yup the SQ is good as the normal KZ ATE, but there's noticably more mid bass impact... like a ton more. Now they hold their own against the 90EX. don't believe me? spend $12 and tell me if i'm wrong :wink:

Haven't really gotten to sub bass only testing yet but if you can afford to spend like $12 then go to eBay or Amazon or whatever and grab some ATE-S. Yes they're basshead.

P.S. The normal ATE come with some pretty crappy tips, the ATE-S come with some real soft foams though which are actually kind of nice. The comply 500 is a pretty loose fit on them, they can spin around easily, but I have no complaints. these are basshead and they are good.

Feb 21, 2016 at 1:55 AM Post #4,422 of 12,597
I use the Xb90ex without an amp with my V10. Without V4A, not very good. With V4A, sounds pretty damn good.

Found my old Fiio X3 OG, sounds pretty damn good with the Sonys. I'll try it with my C5 tomorrow, bass up of course. Should sound incredible. Love my Fiio X3, great player. Just wish it had a better UI.

+ 1

Corroborate what was said. Earlier, I said that the X3 OG and xb90ex were a good match. With 540MW -16 Ω featuring fiio, they fed generously to XB90. I have been using high gain (+6 dB) and hardware bass (+10db) and the result is incredible.

Recently, I damaged my xb90ex left driver and I ordered a third set. I think that the fact of providing more power than recommended in the medium term, damage the driver.

I remember seeing that vapman provided 1.5w their xb90ex ... Beware, the short term may be damaged.

Cheers.

Feb 21, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #4,423 of 12,597
It's very safe. Just need to follow directions. I've never bricked a phone through rooting. When I first started, I flashed an international rom on my phone, didn't know the difference at the time, bricked it. Oops. If you need help, I can walk you through it. It sounds a lot worse than it is.

Thanks! That would be great if you could PM me the step by step directions. I would really appreciate that. So all this really wouldn't affect safety at all? My Bank app, E-mail app...?
I'm a big noob in that kind of things...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back