Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Feb 18, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #4,381 of 12,597
Great company and nice owner and it has bass but nowhere near the top 10. Rhapsodio RD3 has a bit more bass. LEAR has that two 6 mm Dynamic Driver with four BA Driver iem. It has good bass a bit more than the 846 or A2.

hmm, interesting.
some guy on headfi wrote "At the max setting, though, I think there is simply too much for even the most devoted basshead. The excessive low-end causes ugly resonance and overpowers the rest of the music." so can't imagine how much bass RD3 has.

Feb 18, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #4,382 of 12,597
hmm, interesting.
some guy on headfi wrote "At the max setting, though, I think there is simply too much for even the most devoted basshead. The excessive low-end causes ugly resonance and overpowers the rest of the music." so can't imagine how much bass RD3 has.

That's how most people end up in this thread. They read on head-fi that a headphone or iem has massive bass. They buy said headphone and are disappointed. Trust the list man. Trust the list.

Feb 18, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #4,383 of 12,597
 too much for even the most devoted basshead.

Said no basshead............. ever.

Getting extreme bass and preserving the mids and highs is pretty hard and done with skilled use of amp gain and proper eq and a set of IEM that can handle the task.

Image seems to be this..

Reality is.... we listen to all genre' and expect equipment that will endure extreme use and not distort and sound good doing everything and anything we want.

That is a hard task.

My taped and pinned 800st will stomp a mud hole in a 8BA Custom's ass and walk it dry.
6+ horns in your ear with no cross freq overlap via tuning or resonance and decay? none?

Never heard em.

My gear can do their thing and my thing. Their gear cannot do my thing.

That gif wasn't of an audiophiles image of a basshead

That's my image of an audiophile.
smily_headphones1.gif

Not aimed at you btw. Just thinking out loud

Feb 18, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #4,384 of 12,597
  Where's the best and safest place to order XB90EX in Europe?
Do it matters, where it's manufactured? Japan/China?

wherever is cheapest probably! doesn't matter where they come from. i've had both and couldn't tell a difference.
if no importers in your continent have them, just order from somewhere in japan that's good like cdjapan.

Feb 18, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #4,385 of 12,597
That's how most people end up in this thread. They read on head-fi that a headphone or iem has massive bass. They buy said headphone and are disappointed. Trust the list man. Trust the list.

sorry for my poor english, i personally have not heard LHF-AE1d.
i just stumbled across a japanese blog saying Lear LHF-AE1d is bassy as hell with bass port maxed and just wanted to see if anyone here have any experiences with it.

Feb 18, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #4,390 of 12,597
For you guys that have had experience with the z5, in order to listen to double jack cable that comes with z5, do you need a special player or can you use a y adapter I tried one, but it's giving me an echo effect, I appreciate any help or do you believe there might something wrong with cable, I have a.small little amplifier that has two headphone out,is that the same or is it something totally different.

Are you saying you're listening to two different sources at once?

Feb 18, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #4,391 of 12,597
No, someone just explained, I need to get a balance adapter, and two headphones out is not a balanced

The balanced adapter will not give you true balanced. You are better off using the single ended 3.5mm. It will sound better as well since you don't have an extra cable adapter there interfering.

Feb 19, 2016 at 7:11 AM Post #4,392 of 12,597
Hi all, what iems would you recommend that have great bass and don't need an amp? I just want to use them with my phone (Sony z3), my current iems are audio technica cks77s. my budget is around 100$ thx!

Feb 19, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #4,393 of 12,597
Hi all, what iems would you recommend that have great bass and don't need an amp? I just want to use them with my phone (Sony z3), my current iems are audio technica cks77s. my budget is around 100$ thx!
View First page.

Feb 19, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #4,395 of 12,597

The Alpha and Delta AD01's or the aurisonics kicker or forte.

You get more bang for your buck with the AD01's IMO. Like I said in an earlier post, it's expensive being a basshead. My next pick up is gonna be a amp so I can power my SZ1000's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back