Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Jul 29, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #1,381 of 12,597
Thanks for the info guys. So I guess xb90ex is the alternative to the pioneer at an almost similar price point.

But I will be using it directly through my phones, a note 4 and a iPhone 5s. Sometimes maybe directly through my laptop.

Do we really need an amp for this iem?

Nah, it'll still sound good. You only need an amp to extract the maximum amount of bass from them. Just burn them in for a bit. I thought they sounded pretty mediocre until I had them for a few weeks.

Jul 29, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #1,383 of 12,597
Thanks for the info guys. So I guess xb90ex is the alternative to the pioneer at an almost similar price point.

But I will be using it directly through my phones, a note 4 and a iPhone 5s. Sometimes maybe directly through my laptop.

For checking to see if they are the hardest hitters in the IEM world you would....but short of that you can enjoy them fine without.

Jul 29, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #1,384 of 12,597

for me they have only a little bass on their own. and im not the only one, people have said that before. when i eq them to where i want them to be same story as when i started when i had apple earbuds, they distort. eq doesnt do it, all eq does is it makes certain frequency louder or quieter. if i bring eq all the way down and only bring bass eq up hm i think its too quiet and ye you need an amp for that. so ye as a recomended bass iem im really baffled that it is recomended without saying that you need other things to make it work and have bass. on their own out of iphone they aint a bass iem.

Jul 29, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #1,385 of 12,597
for me they have only a little bass on their own. and im not the only one, people have said that before. when i eq them to where i want them to be same story as when i started when i had apple earbuds, they distort. eq doesnt do it, all eq does is it makes certain frequency louder or quieter. if i bring eq all the way down and only bring bass eq up hm i think its too quiet and ye you need an amp for that. so ye as a recomended bass iem im really baffled that it is recomended without saying that you need other things to make it work and have bass. on their own out of iphone they aint a bass iem.

agreed  but I am a basshead. a real 100% basshead.
98%+ folks on here are not bassheads. 
A person without an amp is not a basshead. It's not possible with IEM or headphones or car audio or home audio.

I think that it says "Extra Bass" on the box is kind of missleading. It really isn't "Extra Bass"  to me but that is what most folks like I guess.

If anyone has distortion problems it's due to lack of power.  That's cool for a basshead as we always have power.

If that person doesn't like the sound it's possible power will help.

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #1,386 of 12,597
Wow so many response lol. Ok so basically what I'm gonna have to do is test it on the store, and see whether for my ears, will I need an amp or not. At least on android, I have viper4android which definitely helps the xba h3 have some good bass as without it it's quite bland.

Guess it's not safe for me to get it without testing , as in my area, we can't really return headphones or earphones

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #1,387 of 12,597
Can anyone confirm if the aurisonics bravo series will be under $500? The livesoundwave discount applies to aurisonic earphones and the harmony pre-order is at $899. The ava looks the best of the 4, but probably will sound the weakest. Anyone listen to the ava? 

Jul 29, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #1,388 of 12,597
moded xb90 removed foam from them and put earplug pieces and bass on certain tracks really does rattle your head. enjoy the video

Sony MDR XB90EX bass example mod 2
https://youtu.be/c_Nw4F-Z4RE

Jul 29, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #1,390 of 12,597
Anyone here own Custom IEMs? I am an "average" basshead, have big subs at home and bass heavy headphones (m100 etc). Has not been happy with IEMs so far. I have some cash in hand and want to see what the big fuss is about custom IEMs. I am thinking of getting the AS 2.5, custom version of the ASG 2.5. Any other recommendations? 

Jul 29, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #1,391 of 12,597
Does anyone knows where I can get a longer cable for my ASG-2.5? The stock cable is too short when I use it with my PC, and I don't want to use extension cable.  I just want another same / better quality cable but longer? Really appreciated it.

Jul 29, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #1,392 of 12,597
  Does anyone knows where I can get a longer cable for my ASG-2.5? The stock cable is too short when I use it with my PC, and I don't want to use extension cable.  I just want another same / better quality cable but longer? Really appreciated it.

Standard 2pin cIEM cable there are tons of options on amazon or audio stores, if you can't find a premade to a length you want, there are tons of custom cable makers you can order directly from at different price points such as BTG Audio, ALO Audio, Moon Audio, Rhapsodio, lunashops etc... prices usually range $40-$150. Maybe check the ASG threads for recommendations or fit issues with specific brands.

Jul 29, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #1,393 of 12,597
  Standard 2pin cIEM cable there are tons of options on amazon or audio stores, if you can't find a premade to a length you want, there are tons of custom cable makers you can order directly from at different price points such as BTG Audio, ALO Audio, Moon Audio, Rhapsodio, lunashops etc... prices usually range $40-$150. Maybe check the ASG threads for recommendations or fit issues with specific brands.

I just looked them up on Amazon and there are not a lot of them, and with no reviews.  And all the ones from Moon Audio, Rhapsodio are too expensive?

Also Westone doesn't have any longer cable than 48" - 64" ?

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #1,394 of 12,597
I just looked them up on Amazon and there are not a lot of them, and with no reviews.  And all the ones from Moon Audio, Rhapsodio are too expensive?

Also Westone doesn't have any longer cable than 48" - 64" ?

If all you need is distance, get a decent quality 3.5mm extension cable. AudioQuest Evergreen if you want to spend (or go nuts and buy the really expensive ones) or KabelDirekt if you want a decent cable for cheap.

Most of us have a desktop amp so we just run from there and there's enough cable length for that.

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #1,395 of 12,597
Can I get a few amp suggestions under $100 for my xb90? Currently using a Topping nx2 with my s6 phone. The nx2 doesn't sound any better or have more bass response than my phone by itself.

The nx2 was a terrible purchase. The charging port doesn't work, volume goes up and down by itself, and it crackles when you touch the volume dial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back