Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Jul 26, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #1,351 of 12,597
Hey guys! 

That may be a strange/stupid question, but: Would you recommend Shure's SE846 to someone who actually loves the sound signature and thumping bass of the Beats urbeats 2, but at the same time wants way more quality, clarity, soundstage, dynamic range, etc.? I know it may be apples vs. pears (given their price tags), but I'm curious if I could possibly fall in love with those 8s. :)

Side note: I used to own a pair of SE535 some time ago, but while I loved their overall sound quality and especially their comfort (Shures seem to fit my ears perfectly), I just couldn't stand their complete lack of 'oomph' and their rather small soundstage. I'm a complete basshead who mainly listens to Hard-Rock, Metal and especially Metalcore, so I want my IEMs to hit as hard as possible without sacrificing everything else (like the Beats do...). 

Thank you! :)

Jul 26, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #1,353 of 12,597
Hey guys! 

That may be a strange/stupid question, but: Would you recommend Shure's SE846 to someone who actually loves the sound signature and thumping bass of the Beats urbeats 2, but at the same time wants way more quality, clarity, soundstage, dynamic range, etc.? I know it may be apples vs. pears (given their price tags), but I'm curious if I could possibly fall in love with those 8s. :)

Side note: I used to own a pair of SE535 some time ago, but while I loved their overall sound quality and especially their comfort (Shures seem to fit my ears perfectly), I just couldn't stand their complete lack of 'oomph' and their rather small soundstage. I'm a complete basshead who mainly listens to Hard-Rock, Metal and especially Metalcore, so I want my IEMs to hit as hard as possible without sacrificing everything else (like the Beats do...). 

Thank you! :)
You'll never get that oomph with an all BA iem. Take a look at the aurisonics hybrids instead of the shures.

Jul 26, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #1,354 of 12,597
ye ba wont do much bass. they probably sound good just dont have much bass.
xb90 with eq on iphone has good bass.

Jul 26, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #1,355 of 12,597
Thank you for your suggestions - unfortunately, the Aurisonics are rather hard to get here in Europe. :/ I've considered buying the Sennheiser IE80, but even with Comply Foams, they don't give me a comfortable and/or good fit. And the not-exchangeable cable on the IE800 is an absolute no-go at that price point. What a pity... 

Jul 26, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #1,357 of 12,597
Oh lá lá - I just found one European Seller who offers the Aurisonics ASG 2.5 (for 600$) - looks like I'll have to gather some infos about them. How do they stack up compared to the Shures and Senns in your opinion? Any real flaws?  

My only gripe is that I'm a little bit worried about how they fit my (rather abnormal, it seems) ears. 

Jul 26, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #1,358 of 12,597
Thank you for your suggestions - unfortunately, the Aurisonics are rather hard to get here in Europe. :/ I've considered buying the Sennheiser IE80, but even with Comply Foams, they don't give me a comfortable and/or good fit. And the not-exchangeable cable on the IE800 is an absolute no-go at that price point. What a pity... 
there is also the Stagediver SD3 if the IE80 doesn't satisfy your needs

Jul 26, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #1,359 of 12,597
Oh lá lá - I just found one European Seller who offers the Aurisonics ASG 2.5 (for 600$) - looks like I'll have to gather some infos about them. How do they stack up compared to the Shures and Senns in your opinion? Any real flaws?  

My only gripe is that I'm a little bit worried about how they fit my (rather abnormal, it seems) ears. 

They have amazing bass and potential for clarity, but you need EQ to lower their upper bass/lower mids a bit or they sound woolly. They also need an amp.

Jul 26, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #1,362 of 12,597
Okay, cheers!
The thing is, I want to keep those IEMs for a couple of years and therefore, price doesn't really matter. I just want to get the best thing possible for my taste and my priorities so that I won't constantly think about a possible upgrade. I hate that feeling... :wink: 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back