Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Jul 23, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #1,321 of 12,596

i prefer new :p with warranty

mb there is a user of yamaha eph-100 in this topic and can say something about them ? :d

I gave mine away not long ago- They are a good IEM, but if bass is your #1 priority you can do better in the <$300 range.

*edit* I tried a number of headphones in this price range and have settled on the Futuresonics G10 as my bass cans, but I haven't heard any of the other contenders like the Sony xb90 and hybrids or jvc fxz.

Jul 23, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #1,323 of 12,596
I have the RHA T10s, and they are truly awesome. They have more bass than the T20 (from what I've read), but I don't consider them bass head level. They are very enjoyable though, and the build quality is quite amazing. T20 have toned down bass (again from what I've read) but reviews are positive mostly.

Jul 23, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #1,326 of 12,596
US - I have two UE5EB and the Z5 is awesone and it us 8 times better than the 5 EB in every department abd with an amp the Z5 is 10 times better. I love the Z5 that I bought the A3 then the 89EX Sonys and I want the H3 now. Z5 is my fav IEM.

Jul 23, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #1,334 of 12,596
The futuresonics g10, can they take a thorough *using*? Might consider them if they fall to my price range but don't want to break them

Build seems good- plastic housing is very light but feels solid to me, flexible braided cable, though I wish there were some flexible moulding as part of the jack's strain relief- it's a little short and lets the cable bend sharply- hopefully the braiding alleviates that- worst case I can just trim the wires and put a new jack on. I don't think there have been any reports of problems on the Impressions thread yet, but they have only been out for a few months and not that many ppl own yet. I am only a moderately abusive user though, the worst they generally see is being stuffed in a shirt pocket, the occasional drop, and I always use a shirt clip.

If build toughness is that important and you don't mind sacrificing some bass, the Aurisonics Rockets have a 'warm' style signature and are ridiculously tough- waterproof, super strong cables, and their warranty is 5 years. Expensive @ $250 new, but can sometimes get a deal for ~$200 (I think the Massdrop price has been around there). Pop up used in the forums for ~150ish, and can buy new tips on the aurisonics site for $18 I think.

Someone recently mentioned as well, the new Aurisonics Bravo series of UIEM, meant to be a more budget-friendly line, ought to have great bass if it sticks w/ the ASG series sound. The warranty is only one year on the ASG models, but they seem to prioritize build quality even my factory second 2.5s had great build quality- only weak  spot is the bi-pin removable cable connection, but the replacable plug is more likely to fail than the socket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back