Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Jul 24, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #1,337 of 12,596
Some bass example on sony xb90ex
https://youtu.be/ll2sYKNpR8Q

Jul 25, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #1,339 of 12,596
Jul 25, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #1,340 of 12,596
I have the Rhapsodio RD3 in my ears right now. They sound quite good and have nice bass to them, even without EQ. So far (after 5 minutes of listening to them), I haven't had luck getting them into the utter basshead department where the Sony or Aurisonics operate.

As I type, I've hit a song that has some treble to it... I'm pretty sensitive to upper mids/lower highs (actually, all highs), and these are forcing me to turn the volume pot down. I'll have to start getting aggressive with EQ later on. Messing with my non-parametric I have to drop the 4 and 8kHz down, so there's either a peak around 6kHz or a big frickin' hump in that region. I actually have several dB of hearing loss at ~8kHz, so it's definitely lower than that.

Unfortunately, I can already tell 20 minutes into listening now that these aren't gonna make a top list for bassheads, but would likely be appreciated by those who enjoy bass AND mids (it's a pretty unique combination of sound--usually if you get heavy bass, you either get a very dark headphone or a major V shape). They can't get ultra deep like the others at the top of our list. I have a 24dB boost going at 31 and 62Hz (dropped in pre to compensate) and they're shaking a little, but not at the level I was hoping.

Comfortable fit and nice cable, though. I'll have a full review eventually. I'm also working on the AudioQuest Nighthawk review, but that'll come later because they need a lot of burn-in.

Jul 25, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #1,341 of 12,596
I have an iPhone, would that mean EQ isn't possible? I already boosted the bass for all my songs through iTunes. Is there anything else I can do to enhance my music? I hear the "Bass Exciter" a lot, what is that? Also, what are the best sub bass IEM under $50 without an amp? Recommendations?

Jul 26, 2015 at 4:02 AM Post #1,343 of 12,596
Hi guys

Is the pioneer cx8 still the one to go for if you want crazy bass on a budget? Nothing on the 200 dollar range worth mentioning?

The bass head club website lists it as number 3 while the top 2 cost just too much for me to bother with,as I am upgrading from a fxt 90 which was a cheap iem with great bass at its time.

Jul 26, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #1,345 of 12,596
Hi guys

Is the pioneer cx8 still the one to go for if you want crazy bass on a budget? Nothing on the 200 dollar range worth mentioning?

The bass head club website lists it as number 3 while the top 2 cost just too much for me to bother with,as I am upgrading from a fxt 90 which was a cheap iem with great bass at its time.

you can get apple earbuds old style and get earbud enhancers from complyfoam, has lots of bass without eq, but clarity is the same apple earbud.
vsonic vsd3s has a lot of bass, but their build buality is so so.
sony xb90 has good bass but only with eq
I havent listened to cx8, how does it compare to xb90? might just save up money and get xb9 according to hbb they do bass very well with so so mids.

Jul 26, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #1,347 of 12,596
I feel like I'm schilling for them at this point, but Futuresonics G10
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 26, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #1,349 of 12,596
Hi guys

Sony XB90EX is the go-to. Pioneer is for a unique shaking experience. The only reason the Sony isn't listed on the site is because I still haven't done my review for them. Once the in-laws are out of town I'll try to get on top of it.

Jul 26, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #1,350 of 12,596
Hi guys

If you have an amp and some eq the xb90ex would be exactly what you asked for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back