Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Jul 22, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #1,306 of 12,591

i bought a pair of them here when i first joined because i enjoy bass.  i listen to mostly hip hop and other bass heavy music like trap/edm.  they are bass heavy and don't distort.  i felt like they lacked in other areas though.  the soundstage was small and they seemed very veiled to me.  they lacked energy, airiness and separation.   i preferred the sound of my cheap xiaomi piston 2's i had at the time.  i was disappointed in the wooduo2 and i only paid $50 for them if i recall correctly.  i sold them to another headfier and he didn't like them either and sold them very shortly after receiving them from me.  i know this is all subjective.  so if bass is ALL you're after, they may be the perfect choice for you. 

Totally agree. I feel the same about Wooduo 2s.

Jul 22, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #1,308 of 12,591
anybody have the ath-cks1000?

I do... actually selling it lol-  but I don't recommend it here- they're nice with decent bass response that scales to some degree with amp/eq (i would describe it as a "dry boom" kind of sound), but don't go much deeper than something like the Tenores (cks are less midsy/warm imo), and have a bit of a treble spike. Also have very little isolation, build seems pretty solid.

I haven't heard the IM70, from what johnwamp says might be a good pair for you- they're similar shell to the im02 I had, which is pretty durable- removable cable connector seems sturdier than the standard 2-pin or MMCX- plus you can buy a seperate mic/remote cable for them. Only thing I woudl caution is some people have comfort issues with the IM series (I had problems with the 02)... really depends on your ear shape and how you like the over-ear cable.

Jul 22, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #1,309 of 12,591

I do... actually selling it lol-  but I don't recommend it here- they're nice with decent bass response that scales to some degree with amp/eq (i would describe it as a "dry boom" kind of sound), but don't go much deeper than something like the Tenores (cks are less midsy/warm imo), and have a bit of a treble spike. Also have very little isolation, build seems pretty solid.

I haven't heard the IM70, from what johnwamp says might be a good pair for you- they're similar shell to the im02 I had, which is pretty durable- removable cable connector seems sturdier than the standard 2-pin or MMCX- plus you can buy a seperate mic/remote cable for them. Only thing I woudl caution is some people have comfort issues with the IM series (I had problems with the 02)... really depends on your ear shape and how you like the over-ear cable.

Agree on the CKS1000. They're good and bass forward, but not nearly as basshead worthy as some others that get thrown around here.

Jul 23, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #1,316 of 12,591

i got matrix m-stage amp its pretty good

what about yamha eph-100 ?

Only heard them briefly and they distorted but were a demo pair so.... but I love the **** outta the Yamaha Pro 500 so they know how to bring the bass. If the Pro 900 is the sound you like the A3 is a good rec. Comes with a large woofer driver and 2 BA drivers. The Aurisonics 2.0 have a late bass bump and are UIEM ...doubt they could be had for 300 but I dunno since I'm in Japan

Jul 23, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #1,317 of 12,591

Only heard them briefly and they distorted but were a demo pair so.... but I love the **** outta the Yamaha Pro 500 so they know how to bring the bass. If the Pro 900 is the sound you like the A3 is a good rec. Comes with a large woofer driver and 2 BA drivers. The Aurisonics 2.0 have a late bass bump and are UIEM ...doubt they could be had for 300 but I dunno since I'm in Japan

im selling pro 900 because i want buy in ear headphones , they got something in bass that "full sized" headphones dont have (maybe because the driver is very close to the ear + huge isolation ? )
currently i have fischer audio eterna but im searching something better (higer class) u know what i mean my eng is rly bad :p

it will be nice if the headphones have good availability (not import only)

Jul 23, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #1,318 of 12,591
guys simple question

best in ear headphones for basshead under 300$ ? 

Perhaps check the used section. I bought two pairs of asg g2, one at $500, another at $200 or $250. Second pair was sold to me at a discount as a huge favor since I smashed one of my original g2 in my car door... Was a very sad night for me.

You can find some nice discounts on used items, and for me well worth it.

Jul 23, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #1,319 of 12,591
Perhaps check the used section. I bought two pairs of asg g2, one at $500, another at $200 or $250. Second pair was sold to me at a discount as a huge favor since I smashed one of my original g2 in my car door... Was a very sad night for me.

You can find some nice discounts on used items, and for me well worth it.

i prefer new :p with warranty

mb there is a user of yamaha eph-100 in this topic and can say something about them ? :d

Jul 23, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #1,320 of 12,591
i prefer new :p with warranty

mb there is a user of yamaha eph-100 in this topic and can say something about them ? :d

The Yamaha EPH-100 are solid. They sound good and have good bass. They're on the bass level of something like the RHA MA750--both are tier 2 in bass but tier 1 in value.

A slight step up in bass would be the JVC HA-FXZ200, then another step up in bass gets you to the Sony MDR-XB90EX, H3, and A3.

The Aurisonics Kicker are rumoured to be below that price and basshead, but I haven't heard them yet and they aren't really available. Someone might also be able to talk about the new Future Sonics Spectrum G10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back