Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Mar 18, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #10,652 of 12,597
The x5 is really nice. It has everything I wanted, except bass boost. I'm looking forward to trying the viper effects in the music app. I wish the effect was global as I predominantly use tidal. I also read something about MQA regarding the x5. Hope that happens.

hmmmm but the bass boost can be coaxed out of it?

I never messed with V4A cause any android i had i didnt root.

Ya, bass boost would've been sweet, i would have given up the balance 2.5 for it.  if use any of the 3rd party players, you shouldn't have a problem eqing.  this thing has more than enough power for any iem.  I am waiting for v4a for it, waiting on a programmer to hack this **** :)

I will tell you this.  I buy a lot of ****, but i don't like to buy newly developed items and i don't pay msrp for them.  i did both with the x5iii.   It had everything I was looking for in an all-in-one device and i couldn't resist.

Powerfull - check
small portatable - check
sounds good- check
running android - check
big screen - check

Mar 19, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #10,653 of 12,597

Ya, bass boost would've been sweet, i would have given up the balance 2.5 for it.  if use any of the 3rd party players, you shouldn't have a problem eqing.  this thing has more than enough power for any iem.  I am waiting for v4a for it, waiting on a programmer to hack this **** :)

I will tell you this.  I buy a lot of ****, but i don't like to buy newly developed items and i don't pay msrp for them.  i did both with the x5iii.   It had everything I was looking for in an all-in-one device and i couldn't resist.

Powerfull - check
small portatable - check
sounds good- check
running android - check
big screen - check

Bro I am  huge fan.

Did a vid comparing with the double the cost DX200 and my ears say the X5iii slay the Dx all day in every way and it's being touted as a TOTL DAP
rolleyes.gif

I stack my just cuz..

The iDSD issue was later resolved but the X5iii has plenty of power. Stacked it on an A5 anyway

2pac at the beach

https://www.facebook.com/chris.ballard.9212/videos/10155123317692402/

Mar 19, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #10,654 of 12,597
Going to nag an IEM designer to death again to make a reasonably priced push-pull dynamic cone basshead IEM with a tuning port.
If anyone knows best material for the cones let me know. I'm guessing PET, but may be wrong.

Mar 19, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #10,656 of 12,597

Bro I am  huge fan.

Did a vid comparing with the double the cost DX200 and my ears say the X5iii slay the Dx all day in every way and it's being touted as a TOTL DAP
rolleyes.gif

I stack my just cuz..

The iDSD issue was later resolved but the X5iii has plenty of power. Stacked it on an A5 anyway

2pac at the beach

https://www.facebook.com/chris.ballard.9212/videos/10155123317692402/

I pitted the x5iii against the idsd (silver), sony pha-3, and oppo ha-2.   All three are fine pieces of hardware and the x5ii sticks itself right in the middle of them.  Best thing about it, i don't have to stack to get that awesomeness.

Ya, facebook vid must have been good :wink:

Mar 20, 2017 at 5:38 AM Post #10,657 of 12,597
Guys, is there any other sub-bass oriented IEMs, instead G10 (I have them). Want to buy another one. I really like sub-bass, but don't like hard punch of mid bass. G10 is ok, but I want something better) And I don't like armature hights. Hybrids are not an option.

Mar 22, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #10,658 of 12,597
Guys, is there any other sub-bass oriented IEMs, instead G10 (I have them). Want to buy another one. I really like sub-bass, but don't like hard punch of mid bass. G10 is ok, but I want something better) And I don't like armature hights. Hybrids are not an option.

Based on reviews G10 is the **** for bass, although wasn't reviewed on bass by HBB. For same money I made pm4 with flare driver. Bass is huge mostly subbass and not midbass with clean mids and nice highs. pm4 on preorder was 90 euro and flare 99 euro. I'm using it now and bass will kick socks off even from HBB hihi
Because flare is quiet rather than bas that are easy to drive you can get way more bass from pm4 push pull drivers. Those drivers are subbass monstas
pm4 is nice on its own and is on 5th place for bass, and mids are clean, flare driver is way cleaner though and bass way more too because you can push more bass before flare sings
plus you can tame bass with filters to make it versatile and adjust amount of bass because we all want different amount of bass

Mar 22, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #10,659 of 12,597
Based on reviews G10 is the **** for bass, although wasn't reviewed on bass by HBB. For same money I made pm4 with flare driver. Bass is huge mostly subbass and not midbass with clean mids and nice highs. pm4 on preorder was 90 euro and flare 99 euro. I'm using it now and bass will kick socks off even from HBB hihi
Because flare is quiet rather than bas that are easy to drive you can get way more bass from pm4 push pull drivers. Those drivers are subbass monstas
pm4 is nice on its own and is on 5th place for bass, and mids are clean, flare driver is way cleaner though and bass way more too because you can push more bass before flare sings
plus you can tame bass with filters to make it versatile and adjust amount of bass because we all want different amount of bass

What is flare, bro? I can't find this IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back