Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Mar 22, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #10,667 of 12,597
I think the guy who began hoarding all the asg 2.5 is selling them off.. Ive seen 3-4 different ones being sold by him in the classifieds the last few weeks. He notes them all as being factory refurbished by Fender. I am not sure if anyone is in the market for them any longer, but thought id throw a heads-up.

Mar 22, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #10,668 of 12,597
  Anyone know what the idsd's bass boost is in dbs? Is the black labels bass boost the same?

been trying to find out for awhile.... they finally gave a answer that was a no answer.  the boost on the BL is better, but still subtle.

if I had to give it a number, silver would be a 2-3db boost and BL would be a 3-4db boost @30hz  probably.  They didn't want to say what frequency it was boosted at.

Something about proprietary blah blah blah....

Mar 22, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #10,670 of 12,597

been trying to find out for awhile.... they finally gave a answer that was a no answer.  the boost on the BL is better, but still subtle.

if I had to give it a number, silver would be a 2-3db boost and BL would be a 3-4db boost @30hz  probably.  They didn't want to say what frequency it was boosted at.

Something about proprietary blah blah blah....

That sounds about right

Mar 22, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #10,671 of 12,597
The thing i didn't get.... how is it 24 bit if there's no DAC? does it have a DSP or something? Really wish any of those reviews had any real specs.

Believe that is referring to the digital signals of the RMAA measurement, not the amp itself (as opposed to taking these measurements using 16-bit DAC and ADC or whatever)

Mar 22, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #10,672 of 12,597
Bass example of modded pm4 no bass amp
clean mids too

[video]https://youtu.be/5KElbBmjfe0[/video]

Mar 23, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #10,673 of 12,597
Discontinued at this point, sheesh, so is pm4, flare is working on new iems

Design your own, get it out to the community at a reasonable price.

Mar 23, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #10,674 of 12,597
Design your own, get it out to the community at a reasonable price.

They should make this for 100 euro. Then every bass head wI'll walk with huge grin on their face hihi

Mar 24, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #10,675 of 12,597
I'm looking for a balanced 2.5 (or 3.5, rsa/alo) portable headphone amp with bass boost.

The ones I'm interested in are, (some balanced, some not):

Ifi iDSD black label  (How much better is this than regualar iDSD, particularly bass boost? Also, it's not balanced)

Vorzüge VorzAMP duo II (incredible bass boost but not balanced) 

RHA DacAmp L1 (bass and treble knobs are cool. It has balanced but I'd have to buy yet another adapter)

also, how does something like sony pha-3, centrance dacportable or mojo compare to them all?

Mar 25, 2017 at 12:38 AM Post #10,676 of 12,597
Anyone interested in buying my custom pm4 with flare for 200 euro? A chance to get what is best bass iem in my opinion. No ear fatigue either only huge clean bass. Equal bass, reason for selling is because I'm stupid.

next day edit

I'm like to put ba for sparkle in it. Fidue a73 the only thing that's stopping me is ito sibilance, sibilance in hp is badly made iem. I didn't know such thing existed until I got Vsonic vsd3s. And put a switch on it to turn off bas and to get strong enough resistors to lower volume, I like sparkle it's the loud that makes ear fatigue. Been using it on iphone which I consider a crap dac amp with beautiful ui and it's crispness and bassy on it too.

talan7 does 1more triple driver have sibilance?

Mar 25, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #10,677 of 12,597
Anyone interested in buying my custom pm4 with flare for 200 euro? A chance to get what is best bass iem in my opinion. No ear fatigue either only huge clean bass. Equal bass, reason for selling is because I'm stupid.

next day edit

I'm like to put ba for sparkle in it. Fidue a73 the only thing that's stopping me is ito sibilance, sibilance in hp is badly made iem. I didn't know such thing existed until I got Vsonic vsd3s. And put a switch on it to turn off bas and to get strong enough resistors to lower volume, I like sparkle it's the loud that makes ear fatigue. Been using it on iphone which I consider a crap dac amp with beautiful ui and it's crispness and bassy on it too.

talan7 does 1more triple driver have sibilance?

No, it's bright but doesn't have any sibilance. That's what's great about it's tuning.

Mar 25, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #10,678 of 12,597
No, it's bright but doesn't have any sibilance. That's what's great about it's tuning.

what's brightness like is it airy, technical, even ear fatiguing I can perhaps use stronger resistors tone it down while still getting extention in bright sparkle

Mar 25, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #10,679 of 12,597
what's brightness like is it airy, technical, even ear fatiguing I can perhaps use stronger resistors tone it down while still getting extention in bright sparkle

It has great extension in the treble. It has loads of details but it's tuned so well that there is no spikes. I just wish it had a little more bass. My quad driver just arrived today at my parents house. I hope they have more bass

Mar 26, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #10,680 of 12,597
  I'm looking for a balanced 2.5 (or 3.5, rsa/alo) portable headphone amp with bass boost.

The ones I'm interested in are, (some balanced, some not):

Ifi iDSD black label  (How much better is this than regualar iDSD, particularly bass boost? Also, it's not balanced)

Vorzüge VorzAMP duo II (incredible bass boost but not balanced) 

RHA DacAmp L1 (bass and treble knobs are cool. It has balanced but I'd have to buy yet another adapter)

also, how does something like sony pha-3, centrance dacportable or mojo compare to them all?

​ PHA-3 is the only balanced amp/dac that sounded any different in balanced.
 Other DAP amp/DAC show zero diff.
Puzzling since a dual dac architecture should be more true to design but the Sony just does the panning thing on 70's rock tracks Floyd,Sabbath,Zeppelin etc better than any other item I ever heard.

Makes no sense. I will keep it forever though.

I liked the L1 design but balanced was a non event and the company was ..um.....no comment...nevermind :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back