Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Mar 20, 2016 at 1:49 AM Post #5,176 of 12,597
Mar 20, 2016 at 1:54 AM Post #5,177 of 12,597

Nice!!!!

I'll support a member.  How long did it take him to make them?

I got the 2.5's back?

Edit:  Nevermind, those are his picks.   I'll hit him up.

The 2.5's are coming back to me. The deal was altered due to "life" and stuff but he gets to keep a set of xb90ex and I get a custom cable made by favorite OG modder. I am stoked.
I highly rec @PETEREK as a person to deal with. When I insisted that I pay for the cable he said "I got your address but you don't have my paypal so **** off" He would not take my money. It came from a paint job that was not working out so he felt like he had to honor the deal in another way and he....did that in spades. You folks know i love to bitch but I love to fanboy too.
This guy who was CasperTFG before is straight up.

Mar 20, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #5,178 of 12,597
 The 2.5's are coming back to me. The deal was altered due to "life" and stuff but he gets to keep a set of xb90ex and I get a custom cable made by favorite OG modder. I am stoked.
I highly rec @PETEREK
as a person to deal with. When I insisted that I pay for the cable he said "I got your address but you don't have my paypal so **** off" He would not take my money. It came from a paint job that was not working out so he felt like he had to honor the deal in another way and he....did that in spades. You folks know i love to bitch but I love to fanboy too.
nice looking cable.

Mar 20, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #5,179 of 12,597
I highly rec @PETEREK
as a person to deal with. When I insisted that I pay for the cable he said "I got your address but you don't have my paypal so **** off" He would not take my money. It came from a paint job that was not working out so he felt like he had to honor the deal in another way and he....did that in spades. You folks know i love to bitch but I love to fanboy too.

lol you tried to get rid of them but they came back haunting you and Looking better.

You know you can't rid now.

Mar 20, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #5,181 of 12,597
  How is the bass of asg 2.5 compare to the 1964 V8?

Let me just say this. I am currently listening to the Z5 balanced out with the upgrade cable out of my PHA-3. Best IEM I've heard at any price point. Period. YMMV.

Mar 20, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #5,182 of 12,597

Let me just say this. I am currently listening to the Z5 balanced out with the upgrade cable out of my PHA-3. Best IEM I've heard at any price point. Period. YMMV.

You got a PHA-3 so normal output gives you 100mA max, balanced gives you about 350 max,  and ZX1 output power is about same as that as a sansa clip, I think that's why you didn't think the 7550 were very bassy!

Mar 20, 2016 at 3:50 AM Post #5,184 of 12,597

You got a PHA-3 so normal output gives you 100mA max, balanced gives you about 350 max,  and ZX1 output power is about same as that as a sansa clip, I think that's why you didn't think the 7550 were very bassy!

I also tried it with my Burson. 2500mw. Will completely obliterate 5 7550 drivers lol. I sold the 7550 not because of its bass but because it sucks as a portable IEM lol. No isolation whatsoever. 
  The PHA-3 is better than the Chord Mojo?

Balanced - admirably better. Single-ended they are very close. I need more testing time between Mojo and PHA-3 single ended. But the balanced is a very noticeable improvement on the PHA-3. 

Speaking of balanced, I need to get the HDVD800 for my headphones lol. 

Mar 20, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #5,186 of 12,597
Mar 20, 2016 at 6:16 AM Post #5,188 of 12,597
Nice review HBB. Thanks for all the good info about eq, dynamic vs BA, etc. Looks like Peters cable found its way onto the U8.

No that's a whiplash but Peter's cable will be on display soon. It is currently on it's way. Thanks for the thumb Hawaiian!

Nice review.  But is this worth over the asg 2.5? i wuldn't mind paying $1k for this if it actually sounds as good or beter than the asg 2.5

No thumb up?

We thumb the good ones and burn the rest...

I will be directly comparing them in a few days when the 2.5 come back

Mar 20, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #5,189 of 12,597
Mar 20, 2016 at 6:51 AM Post #5,190 of 12,597

No that's a whiplash but Peter's cable will be on display soon. It is currently on it's way. Thanks for the thumb Hawaiian!

No thumb up?

We thumb the good ones and burn the rest...

I will be directly comparing them in a few days when the 2.5 come back

nice review, and I am glad u like the u8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back