Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Mar 18, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #5,146 of 12,597
2 pairs as in after the first one blew itself out, you bought another? haha  I just didn't wanna drop 80 bucks on something that is just going to be an ear massage, know what I mean :beyersmile:
both work and both amped.

Mar 18, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #5,147 of 12,597
I need to try those tips. Can you give link to order some ?

its on ebay but man they charge so much, but on RHA they have online store so you cna order from there

at first you must order the dual density and different sizes, as you will be surpsired what fits you best

after that once u get the right size, my advise is buy extra sets for future iems 

its the best tip out there

honestly with RHA tips there is no problem with the mids or highs at all being taken a back seat or veiled in asg 2.5, it makes every iem I have sound so dam good

Mar 18, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #5,149 of 12,597
Mar 18, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #5,151 of 12,597
  ok guys I know i have been waiting and waiting for the asg 2.5 to arrive back from repair, as I destroyed the bass dial even without having the chance to listen to them for more than few minutes and with the wrong choice of tips, stupid me. I was so disappointed in it as a whole

So yesterday they came back, i decided to first start off by listening without touching the bass dial for few days to get to know how this iem sounds like

so I got it, connected it to

cowon d-- headstage 5tx --- asg 2.5

press play on cowon d and listened to dire straits, dial in my fav eq settings in cowon d, the i listened to some bass heavy songs, man that bass is like a cannon 

guess what I continued listening for 4 straight hours to this gem iem, and I usually do not listen more than 1 hour max continuously

MAN this asg 2.5 struck me by how amazing it sounds, now I am a huge believer in changing tips, and the RHA tips are the best there is, no other tip can maintain the amazing bass and at the same time have this amazing mids and highs 

honestly i will order 3 new sets of this rha medium tip, as with all my iems it is the one that always is the best sounding from bass, mids to highs, i am sure once u use the rha tips on asg 2.5 you will not be questioning mids and highs again. I tried first with comply and it was good, but with RHA tips its a complete different iem

guys what a great iem the 2.5 it is, simply tooo ammazing

Isn't ASG-2.5 discontinued? It's hard to find and buy it now.

Mar 18, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #5,152 of 12,597
Got some Future Sonics Spectrum G10s used. Really enjoying them for my purposes. They're along the lines of the Aurisonics Kickers, though the Aurisonics have better build quality and a removable cable.

The Spectrum G10 has better isolation and more rolloff in the highs, but actually have slightly more bass impact out the gate. The mid-bass is more present, and the sub-bass extension is outstanding.

I'd put these on my recommended list if you need isolation, though the Kickers do most things better and are probably the better value at the asking price.

I do like that you can wear the Future Sonics down rather than over ear (you can do either). The Kickers pretty much have to be worn over ear and I've never found that to be terribly comfortable.

Mar 18, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #5,153 of 12,597
Got some Future Sonics Spectrum G10s used. Really enjoying them for my purposes. They're along the lines of the Aurisonics Kickers, though the Aurisonics have better build quality and a removable cable.

The Spectrum G10 has better isolation and more rolloff in the highs, but actually have slightly more bass impact out the gate. The mid-bass is more present, and the sub-bass extension is outstanding.

I'd put these on my recommended list if you need isolation, though the Kickers do most things better and are probably the better value at the asking price.

I do like that you can wear the Future Sonics down rather than over ear (you can do either). The Kickers pretty much have to be worn over ear and I've never found that to be terribly comfortable.
I have their custom iem since 2008 which has a 13mm driver. In my experience it has the best sub bass extension.

Mar 18, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #5,157 of 12,597
Really enjoying the Future Sonics Spectrum G10 after a full day of listening. They isolate very well and have epic depth.

No grain, super smooth treble. A touch dark, but I ain't afraid of the darkness.

I'm going to get the silicone custom shell for extra isolation.

The previous owner didn't fully burn them in. I'll put them through the EQ paces after burning them in this weekend.

They have as much impact as I've ever heard from a 10mm driver.

Just a great liquid sound to them.

Mar 18, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #5,159 of 12,597
Really enjoying the Future Sonics Spectrum G10 after a full day of listening. They isolate very well and have epic depth.

No grain, super smooth treble. A touch dark, but I ain't afraid of the darkness.

I'm going to get the silicone custom shell for extra isolation.

The previous owner didn't fully burn them in. I'll put them through the EQ paces after burning them in this weekend.

They have as much impact as I've ever heard from a 10mm driver.

Just a great liquid sound to them.

The sub bass is epic on the G10, right behind the ASG.

That's kind of where I was placing them but I got rid of the 2.5's right before so didn't get to compare directly. So I'm not alone/crazy thinking they were pretty good! That's a relief
duggehsmile.png

Yeah at first I thought they had a fair amount of treble "energy" (especially since I was coming to them from the 2.5's), but when I put something on that's a little oversaturated with guitar noise (I think Deafheaven 'Dream House' was the first track I noticed it with) becomes apparent that it is actually reined in and with some music a little off-sounding... really the only major issue I've had with them, though I think some people who prefer expansive soundstage might not like the upfront presentation, nonissue for me thankfully.

Westone tips work pretty well w/ them, if you need single-flanges... can't stand the stock biflanges, though the FS foams are nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back