Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Mar 17, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #5,132 of 12,597
EX800ST is the Japanese version, other one is us. The sound the same from what others say (like vapman), but didn't they come with different tips? Also they look a little different.

EX800ST comes with a set of the hybrid silicon & foam tips, 7550 just the silicons (at least in my experience). That's the only difference I've noticed aside from slightly different packaging, and you don't get the tiny super finely folded up Japanese warranty cards.

They are definitely are exactly the same aside from the model name written on the IEM, but it's the same font in the same place
wink.gif

I'm still mad cause I bought a set of hybrid silicon & foam tips from eBay from Japan and I got plain silicones!

edit: I've been using spiral dots more than the stock tips and haven't used the complys in ages.

Mar 17, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #5,134 of 12,597
Yeah it was really easy to drive out a Mojo so it doesn't seem in need of amp like the Sony's and some others.
Nice, this might be my next IEM. I was thinking about getting the JVC 850's but if this is basically the AD01's with a tunable bass dial I'm game.

I asked @jmills8 for some clarification on the interchangeable nozzles. Their website had 3 nozzle options including "custom" which is intriguing. A hybrid IEM/CIEM would be really cool!

Mar 17, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #5,135 of 12,597
I think custom tips would be a better option as then you'll be able to use them with other IEMs as well, assuming the nozzle diameter is similar.

I saw that Dignis released a case for the Mojo, if anyone was interested :p
http://dignis.co.kr/product/detail.html?product_no=119&cate_no=54&display_group=1

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #5,137 of 12,597
  So they sound exactly the same? Cuase i don't wanna buy the MDR version and then it sounds nothing like a Dr. Dre headphone.

Also, aren't these MDR 7550 came out a long time ago? Ppl don't know these are good until 2016 or something?

Well, this basshead thread was only created in 2015. Plus, not everyone is a basshead, so it may not have gotten the appreciation that it does here.

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #5,138 of 12,597
I think it was pretty well liked back when it came out as well, as a cheaper, more neutral version of sony's EX series when a lot of people found those too bright. It's cool to see stuff resurface like that- I get caught up too easily in chasing after something new even if it's not necessarily better.

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #5,139 of 12,597
So they sound exactly the same? Cuase i don't wanna buy the MDR version and then it sounds nothing like a Dr. Dre headphone.

Also, aren't these MDR 7550 came out a long time ago? Ppl don't know these are good until 2016 or something?

Only thing about the 2 that I've noticed is the 800's are a little cheaper on Amazon. But the price of 7550's has dropped recently.

Mar 18, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #5,140 of 12,597
ok guys I know i have been waiting and waiting for the asg 2.5 to arrive back from repair, as I destroyed the bass dial even without having the chance to listen to them for more than few minutes and with the wrong choice of tips, stupid me. I was so disappointed in it as a whole

So yesterday they came back, i decided to first start off by listening without touching the bass dial for few days to get to know how this iem sounds like

so I got it, connected it to

cowon d-- headstage 5tx --- asg 2.5

press play on cowon d and listened to dire straits, dial in my fav eq settings in cowon d, the i listened to some bass heavy songs, man that bass is like a cannon 

guess what I continued listening for 4 straight hours to this gem iem, and I usually do not listen more than 1 hour max continuously

MAN this asg 2.5 struck me by how amazing it sounds, now I am a huge believer in changing tips, and the RHA tips are the best there is, no other tip can maintain the amazing bass and at the same time have this amazing mids and highs 

honestly i will order 3 new sets of this rha medium tip, as with all my iems it is the one that always is the best sounding from bass, mids to highs, i am sure once u use the rha tips on asg 2.5 you will not be questioning mids and highs again. I tried first with comply and it was good, but with RHA tips its a complete different iem

guys what a great iem the 2.5 it is, simply tooo ammazing

Mar 18, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #5,141 of 12,597
ok guys I know i have been waiting and waiting for the asg 2.5 to arrive back from repair, as I destroyed the bass dial even without having the chance to listen to them for more than few minutes and with the wrong choice of tips, stupid me. I was so disappointed in it as a whole

So yesterday they came back, i decided to first start off by listening without touching the bass dial for few days to get to know how this iem sounds like

so I got it, connected it to

cowon d-- headstage 5tx --- asg 2.5

press play on cowon d and listened to dire straits, dial in my fav eq settings in cowon d, the i listened to some bass heavy songs, man that bass is life a cannon 

guess what I continued listening for 4 straight hours to this gem iem, and I usually do not listen more than 1 hours max continuously

MAN this asg 2.5 struck me by how amazing it sounds, now I am a huge believer in changing tips, and the RHA tips are the best there is, no other tip can maintain the amazing bass and at the same time have this amazing mids and highs 

honestly i will order 3 new sets of this rha medium tip as with all my iems it is the one that always is the best sounds from bass, mids to highs

I need to try those tips. Can you give link to order some ?

Mar 18, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #5,143 of 12,597
I was definitely looking into the  Sony XB90EX. Saw some great reviews! I just wanted to know if the quality if good at that price point. Anyone own a pair of these?
two pairs.

Mar 18, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #5,144 of 12,597
press play on cowon d and listened to dire straits, dial in my fav eq settings in cowon d, the i listened to some bass heavy songs, man that bass is life a cannon 

honestly i will order 3 new sets of this rha medium tip as with all my iems it is the one that always is the best sounds from bass, mids to highs

Totally off topic but you mentioned Dire Straits and I just saw this... http://www.wolproject.com/

Do those RHA tips come with their cheaper IEMs too? Another inear brand I have yet to try, always a bonus if they come with some good tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back