hd25-1 impressions thread
Sep 4, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #1,486 of 3,348

Quote:
Hi, I have been searching all day for the OFC cable (part no.74532) for the sennheiser HD25-1. However I can not find a good webshop to get them. Any of you guys know a good place to get them in 2011? I live in the Netherland so preferable somewhere in the EU.

Or may there be other suggestions for a portable cable to use with the hd25-1? I really dislike the shrill voices the hd25-1 and hope to change that with a cable replacement. I don't have a problem with reterminating cables as I have done it before. Any help appreciated!

If you are getting treble peaks that bother you, I would suggest getting a different headphone altogether.  Cables make a very slight difference.  It's the very last thing you can mess with, only after getting the right equipment for your preferences/needs first.

Sep 4, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #1,487 of 3,348
Well I got the B&W p5 and the hd25-1 and I like the hd25-1 in almost every way more than the B&W's in sound apart from the voices. Which sound terrible on both hp's tbh. Still I think I will settle for the senn's. However it's just so annoying to read those contradicting statements whether recabling the hd25-1 makes a huge difference of not... I am willing to give it a shot, but then again not for 40 euro's...

Sep 17, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #1,488 of 3,348
Hey headfi ppl!
I am new to headfi and am thinking of purchasing these headphones for portable use.  I was wondering what the soundstage is like?  I like the wide soundstage effect that occur in most large headphones.  Also what is bass like and separation of instruments??

thanks!

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #1,491 of 3,348

Quote:
Hey headfi ppl!
I am new to headfi and am thinking of purchasing these headphones for portable use.  I was wondering what the soundstage is like?  I like the wide soundstage effect that occur in most large headphones.  Also what is bass like and separation of instruments??

thanks!

soundsrage is minimal, is rare to find good soundstage in small on ears closed phones, separation is good. bass might get you dissapointing if you are used to bass heavy headphones, but its there and clear. for me they have enough bass straight out of my zune, but gets better with an amp.

Sep 17, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #1,492 of 3,348

Quote:

soundsrage is minimal, is rare to find good soundstage in small on ears closed phones, separation is good. bass might get you dissapointing if you are used to bass heavy headphones, but its there and clear. for me they have enough bass straight out of my zune, but gets better with an amp.

ok thanks for this, I have decided to buy them and test them with my mp3 player to see what its like.  Do u know a good headphone amp?

Sep 17, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #1,493 of 3,348
Just make sure you buy from an AD to get Sennheiser's two year warranty. You will need a dated receipt from an AD if you ever require warranty service. I love HD25's on the go, straight out of my iPod or Macbook Pro.  As others have correctly stated, there not much of a soundstage, but these are just thoroughly enjoyable phones.  I wouldn't spend money on an amp until living with them un-amped for a while.  They do benefit from amping, but one of their strong points is how good they sound without one.   If you want a bigger soundstage and better imaging in a small closed headphone, the DT1350's do the trick.  However, I feel a good amp is a prerequisite to get the most of these and they are going to set you back another $100.00 on top of the cost of the amp.

Sep 17, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #1,494 of 3,348

Quote:
ok thanks for this, I have decided to buy them and test them with my mp3 player to see what its like.  Do u know a good headphone amp?

I use it with the mini3, is a DIY amp, yu can find it for 100$ around the forums, but honestly, I'd advice you to try it straight from your player, and if you feel they need more power then get an amp. I use it straight out of my zune half of the time and I enloy it. I dont have problems using it straight out of my clip+ either. but yes, an amp improves no doubt.

Sep 17, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #1,495 of 3,348

Quote:
Hello. Does anyone know if the following store on Amazon is a legit Sennheiser dealer?

http://www.amazon.com/shops/DAHMART

It's Dakmart having misspelled their own name.  I don't remember, but you could always drop them a message and find out.

men_laughing.gif

Sep 17, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #1,497 of 3,348
Has anyone bought Sennheiser's from Dakmart? They have a pair of refurb HD25 IIs for $125.

http://www.dakmart.com/p10974/SLD-SENNHEISER-HD25-1II-HD25-PROFESSIONAL-DJ-HEADPHONES/product_info.html

The thing is they have a terrible rating on Reseller Ratings.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Dakmart

I was just wondering if any of you have any experiences with this company.

Sep 18, 2011 at 8:15 AM Post #1,498 of 3,348

Quote:
Just make sure you buy from an AD to get Sennheiser's two year warranty. You will need a dated receipt from an AD if you ever require warranty service. I love HD25's on the go, straight out of my iPod or Macbook Pro.  As others have correctly stated, there not much of a soundstage, but these are just thoroughly enjoyable phones.  I wouldn't spend money on an amp until living with them un-amped for a while.  They do benefit from amping, but one of their strong points is how good they sound without one.   If you want a bigger soundstage and better imaging in a small closed headphone, the DT1350's do the trick.  However, I feel a good amp is a prerequisite to get the most of these and they are going to set you back another $100.00 on top of the cost of the amp.

cool thats brilliant, thanks for the advice.  I cant spend on the DT1350 , think they are too expensive over here in the UK.  I currently have the Ultimate Ears superfi pro on the go but find in ear way too annoying now because they keep falling out.  Will a Sennheiser Hd-25 justify the sound quality of an IEM?   

Sep 18, 2011 at 8:16 AM Post #1,499 of 3,348

Quote:

I use it with the mini3, is a DIY amp, yu can find it for 100$ around the forums, but honestly, I'd advice you to try it straight from your player, and if you feel they need more power then get an amp. I use it straight out of my zune half of the time and I enloy it. I dont have problems using it straight out of my clip+ either. but yes, an amp improves no doubt.

Great, thx!  I heard good reviews for the Fiio 3...do u know if thats a good one to use?

Sep 18, 2011 at 8:27 AM Post #1,500 of 3,348

Quote:
Anybody else noticed how these cans have become a fashion object??

I remember when i bought mine like 8 years ago, only djs had them(which was the main reason i bought them, to dj). Are the 25-II as good as the 25-1?? They're like 100 euros cheaper now compared to back then...

I find them quite ugly. And I listen to mine during school (high school) when I can (normally during the mornings / in some classes occasionally / after school). Otherwise, they either go in the provided bag and into my backpack, or onto my neck if I'm going to be listening to them soon or if I'm using them as speakers (which I learned they sound great as speakers).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back