Grado RS1i Impressions thread
Oct 4, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #1,501 of 2,110
Well my vintage grado sr80 had better reference sound signature than my rs1i until I employed a fix.
Until that fix I was scratching my head losing lots of hair.

I think Grados evolution is interesting with regards to sound signature. Problem is if you have nothing to compare it to then you will say it's fun but it ain't reference until you tweak it.

Oct 4, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #1,503 of 2,110
If I want a reference headphone I wouldn't get a Grado. I like the colored sound of the Grado's, it's fun and I want to enjoy myself while listening music. 
That's interesting Textfeud, I would've thought the same thing. That was until I asked a couple of sound engineers what headphones they used and liked. They both used Grado's for recording and sound editing. Weird huh?

Oct 4, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #1,504 of 2,110
That's interesting Textfeud, I would've thought the same thing. That was until I asked a couple of sound engineers what headphones they used and liked. They both used Grado's for recording and sound editing. Weird huh?

That is interesting to say the least. Maybe they want to make fun recordings 
tongue.gif

Oct 4, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #1,505 of 2,110
I think I've figured it out, Grados aren't colored, it's all of the other brands and models that are colored.

Seriously though, I know that they're discontinued, but the HP1000 are pretty neutral. Joe intended them to be used by professionnal sound engineers, 

Oct 5, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #1,506 of 2,110
That's quite a statement diamondears, when was the last time you had your ears checked, I SAID, WHEN WAS THE TIME... I'm just kidding, I myself, prefer the Bushmills to the RS1i, so you are not alone to prefer a less expensive model to the RS1i.
Still prefer my RS1i, stacker45. But my SR80e is really good in detail extraction, e.g., breaths, pages turning, fingers sliding on pages (yeah I can hear that now!), lips closing and opening, saliva "popping", tape hiss, etc.

However, this ability to extract detail makes the upper mids a bit "shouty" or louder than ideal using L-Cush pads. But with stock flat S-Cush pads, it's reduced, but still there by a bit. Byproduct of that great detail extraction, I guess.

If the same relative amount of detail extraction improvement is also true with higher models (I also have SR80i, SR325is and RS1i, so I really made A-B testing in this), that would be really awesome and I'll be all over them. I'm predicting my non-"e"s will be for sale or trade soon.

Oct 5, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #1,507 of 2,110
If I only could preferred the 80 over the LCD-X, think of all the money I'd save. Then, again, if pigs could fly....

Oct 5, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #1,508 of 2,110
If I only could preferred the 80 over the LCD-X, think of all the money I'd save. Then, again, if pigs could fly....
Does your LCD-X sound like or closer to real speakers?

Oct 6, 2014 at 4:50 AM Post #1,509 of 2,110

?????? lcd-x ????

Oct 6, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #1,510 of 2,110
Oct 11, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #1,515 of 2,110

Users who are viewing this thread

Back