Grado RS1i Impressions thread
Oct 14, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #1,517 of 2,110
I've sold mine a few days ago. Big mistake
deadhorse.gif

Oct 15, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #1,522 of 2,110
Question: I have an RS1i. It's driver has a hue of light red/pink when I look/peek at it with a flashlight. Are this true for all RS1i's?

Oct 15, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #1,524 of 2,110
Question: I have an RS1i. It's driver has a hue of light red/pink when I look/peek at it with a flashlight. Are this true for all RS1i's?
Diamondears, you've got the toy in the Cracker Jacks my friend, Wilky Wonka's golden ticket, a $500 pull tab winner. I'll leave it to others more knowledgeable to explain what a cool pair of hp's you've there.

Oct 15, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #1,526 of 2,110

Presumably, those are 1e's rather than 1i's.

Diamondears, you've got the toy in the Cracker Jacks my friend, Wilky Wonka's golden ticket, a $500 pull tab winner. I'll leave it to others more knowledgeable to explain what a cool pair of hp's you've there.

For a very short time, before the official announcement of the "e" Series, Grado was selling 'RS1i's' with RS1e drivers (indicated by their red color).

Oct 15, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #1,527 of 2,110
Ok,
To clarify if viewing from the outside air chamber and you see red paint like lipstick on centre base then these are e series drivers.
If looking at inside chamber through ear side chamber and these are pink hue, then these are vintage rs1 grados.
If you look through outside vent into the cup and place ear side driver up to bright light then a small circumferential ring of red/pink may be visible surrounding the main diaphragm. These are part of all grado manufacturing process.
Diamondears can you post a picture of your cans?
Hope this helps.

Oct 15, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #1,528 of 2,110
Ok,
To clarify if viewing from the outside air chamber and you see red paint like lipstick on centre base then these are e series drivers.
If looking at inside chamber through ear side chamber and these are pink hue, then these are vintage rs1 grados.
If you look through outside vent into the cup and place ear side driver up to bright light then a small circumferential ring of red/pink may be visible surrounding the main diaphragm. These are part of all grado manufacturing process.
Diamondears can you post a picture of your cans?
Hope this helps.

Thanks for that reply XLR8. Mine's definitely not an "e" driver. No red paint at the back of the driver (far side). I see pink hue only when looking over or with bright light. Only pinkish hue inside or part of the driver.

Needless to say, amazing cans this is. If I buy other cans it would definitely only out of curiousity.

Oct 15, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #1,529 of 2,110
Will try to post pic later btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back