Grado modders go Magnum
Jun 9, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #1,576 of 4,994
Quote:
Thanks for keeping us updated, I look forward to seeing what you produce!

Is it true that the Magnum drivers are ceasing production? If so, I'd be quite disappointed! I was going to purchase some next month... :/

If it's true, I may have to move to the fostex modding thread! o.O

Met up with the manufacturers today. They took the designs and a sample of the bowl pads. Told me that they would get me a price quote on tuesday. -_- now im really scared cos they need to import foam from norway or something .. who knew lol 

Jun 9, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #1,577 of 4,994
Quote:

It might not have been officially announced yet, but I do think the writing was on the wall.  It was pretty clear that v.4 of the Magnum would be the last release.  I believe Rhydon wants to move onto other projects instead.  I'm not sure what such projects they might be.  However, if production were to cease, hopefully, people would get a "heads up" and a last chance to buy a pair of drivers if they were sitting on the fence.  Also, I'm sure Rhydon would keep a few dozen in reserve for warranty purposes on those Magnums that were modified.

Granted, a lot of what I wrote was just speculation and a spin-off of the Magnum v.4 being the last version - which has been noted by Rhydon.

Jun 9, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #1,578 of 4,994
Quote:

It might not have been officially announced yet, but I do think the writing was on the wall.  It was pretty clear that v.4 of the Magnum would be the last release.  I believe Rhydon wants to move onto other projects instead.  I'm not sure what such projects they might be.  However, if production were to cease, hopefully, people would get a "heads up" and a last chance to buy a pair of drivers if they were sitting on the fence.  Also, I'm sure Rhydon would keep a few dozen in reserve for warranty purposes on those Magnums that were modified.

Granted, a lot of what I wrote was just speculation and a spin-off of the Magnum v.4 being the last version - which has been noted by Rhydon.

oh, okay .. I don't know, I just love these headphones so much, I would be really bummed if something happened and I couldn't recreate them somehow.

Jun 9, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #1,580 of 4,994
that sucks, but honestly it's also kind of neat knowing i have a pair of cans which are no longer going to be made available. seems selfish I know, but nifty nonetheless

Jun 9, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #1,581 of 4,994
Quote:
that sucks, but honestly it's also kind of neat knowing i have a pair of cans which are no longer going to be made available. seems selfish I know, but nifty nonetheless

On the flip side, if anything should happen to your magnums.... 
devil_face.gif

I know I'd be paranoid AS HELL if I were in your position. 
beyersmile.png

Though I concede it may not be hard to take care of a pair of stay-at-home headphones.

It kinda sucks, I was kinda planning to get a job before shooting for magnums, as a college student. Maybe someone else will take up the charge! :)

Jun 9, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #1,582 of 4,994
not to mention you could find plenty used on here.

and yeap. i use my blox for when I sleep, my magnums just stay plugged into my amp and hang on my desk lamp.

Jun 10, 2012 at 4:25 AM Post #1,583 of 4,994
is not a secret that the 4.0 is the last release.
i wrote one mail to rhydon and i´m waiting for the answer .
i believe in this man
the headphone world need a fresh air and not only snake oil
rolleyes.gif

Jun 13, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #1,584 of 4,994
I have Version 4 Magnum. It's only been 6 months and the left side just went out.  I get music coming in and out but it's distorted.   Going to have to email Rhydon.  :frowning2:

Edit: No response from Rhydon.  Has anyone gotten in touch with with Rhydon lately?  Hope he is still responding to questions and problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back