Grado modders go Magnum
Oct 19, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #4,276 of 4,994
Anyone have some extra gimbals, rodblocks and headband?
If not, I guess I'll have to order some sony headbands but let me know please. 

Oct 21, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #4,279 of 4,994

Thanks but need both the gimbals and rodblocks, unless someone else just has rodblocks.

If anyone makes the rodblocks let me know too, or else I'm going to have to figure it out 
tongue_smile.gif
...not keen to make them from wood, I don't think it would be durable enough.

Oct 21, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #4,280 of 4,994

If anyone makes the rodblocks let me know too, or else I'm going to have to figure it out 
tongue_smile.gif
...not keen to make them from wood, I don't think it would be durable enough.

if people are interested
i can probably come up with a simple design
to 3d print, using the fake wood,
there are also some metal filaments that look like
they polish up pretty good,

Oct 22, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #4,281 of 4,994
Hey all, I need some quick advice. I have an older pair of modded magnum's in an sr60 frame. At one point I had wood rod stops that were super glued on. Well one went missing and has not been found. I tried getting the rubber ones locally, but no luck. Grado was nice enough to mail 2 for free! However, while they fit ok, they are not secure. Are these normally glued on as well? Is their some other method used to secure them? Many thanks!

Oct 24, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #4,282 of 4,994
  if people are interested
i can probably come up with a simple design
to 3d print, using the fake wood,
there are also some metal filaments that look like
they polish up pretty good,

Hmmmm....this might be worth exploring. I haven't tried it yet, but I think I've found a source for the spring steel.

Hey all, I need some quick advice. I have an older pair of modded magnum's in an sr60 frame. At one point I had wood rod stops that were super glued on. Well one went missing and has not been found. I tried getting the rubber ones locally, but no luck. Grado was nice enough to mail 2 for free! However, while they fit ok, they are not secure. Are these normally glued on as well? Is their some other method used to secure them? Many thanks!

I've seen those glued into place on occasion. Thing is, if you want to dismantle them later, you can't after you've glued them.

Oct 25, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #4,283 of 4,994
Thanks, I'll probably run a little clear silicone down the tube and press fit and let dry. That should do the trick I hope!

Oct 26, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #4,286 of 4,994
$110 sounds familiar, I thought they had been hacked or something. I was considering the nhoords on price but I love the first pair of magnum V7's  and like pancakes the first one is for the dog, and you can't just have one. 

Oct 26, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #4,287 of 4,994
  That looks to be a recent drop in pricing - there were closer to $110 shipped. Maybe dropped to be more competitive with the likes of Nhoord ($80 with the cheaper shipping)?

$110 sounds familiar, I thought they had been hacked or something. I was considering the nhoords on price but I love the first pair of magnum V7's  and like pancakes the first one is for the dog, and you can't just have one. 

LMAO...that's an interesting change in pricing. Certainly aggressive...

Oct 27, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #4,290 of 4,994
It would be great if Rhydon (at Symphones) offered more than one driver like headphone companies:
One driver that is neutral (like focal utopia) and another that is more fun or darker (like focal elear). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back