Grado Fan Club!
Feb 26, 2024 at 3:01 PM Post #64,501 of 65,583
Decided to order the 225x last night as my first Grado, thanks for all the help everyone! The 325x seemed like a really great choice but after reading some more I thought the 225x might have just a slightly more preferred tonality for me with some additional weight and cost savings.

Coming from my Verite and Atticus, it'll probably take me a little bit to acclimate to the Grado sound once they get here, but I'm excited to see if I end up loving that sound or if its crispness will scare me away haha. Hopefully it'll be the former and I'll join the ZMF + Grado fan camp along with several other people here :)

Feb 26, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #64,502 of 65,583
Decided to order the 225x last night as my first Grado, thanks for all the help everyone! The 325x seemed like a really great choice but after reading some more I thought the 225x might have just a slightly more preferred tonality for me with some additional weight and cost savings.

Coming from my Verite and Atticus, it'll probably take me a little bit to acclimate to the Grado sound once they get here, but I'm excited to see if I end up loving that sound or if its crispness will scare me away haha. Hopefully it'll be the former and I'll join the ZMF + Grado fan camp along with several other people here :)
SR225x is a headphone with so much value for money. You pay for SOUND not for leather and wood. If you end up liking them, you can safely explore the more expensive models later. Enjoy the music! :gs1000smile:

Feb 26, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #64,503 of 65,583

The SR225x's were my first Grado's. I liked them enough to move up the ladder to RS2x's. They aren't bright if that's a concern. On the 225x's the mids are forward and the bass is good. Enjoy.

Feb 26, 2024 at 4:33 PM Post #64,504 of 65,583
The Grado PS500 I bought on eBay showed up today with some strange pads (listing showed them so not a problem in that respect, though) — they sound muffled frankly with these, and I wondered if anyone knew what these were 😅

I had PS500 sent to where I’m at this week but I will be back at home next week where I will definitely try these with proper L-pads.

IMG_9846.jpeg

image.jpg
image.jpg

Feb 26, 2024 at 4:34 PM Post #64,505 of 65,583
Put on my Grados on Sunday after a steady diet of ZMF. The first few minutes it was like "What the hell?" Then after 15 minutes or so, I was acclimated. So different, but isn't that all part of the fun? If everything sounded the same, we wouldn't need these forums or 1,000 headphones to choose from.

Feb 26, 2024 at 10:09 PM Post #64,507 of 65,583
Sadly i cant get any grados used or any of the older grados beucase its hard for me to find any locally and on ebay its mostly just from the US. Shipping is way too expensive to get to me*** and im not even going to talk about VAT. ):
*** being 'from somewhere', what do you expect? 🤔🤪🤣

Feb 26, 2024 at 11:42 PM Post #64,508 of 65,583

Ahh .... the ZMF + Grado zealotry .... try ten of each .... 🤪

Feb 27, 2024 at 12:34 AM Post #64,509 of 65,583
Put on my Grados on Sunday after a steady diet of ZMF. The first few minutes it was like "What the hell?" Then after 15 minutes or so, I was acclimated. So different, but isn't that all part of the fun? If everything sounded the same, we wouldn't need these forums or 1,000 headphones to choose from.
.... even if there were only one headphone / one IEM, it would likely sound different to each listener .... 😳🤪

Feb 27, 2024 at 12:49 AM Post #64,510 of 65,583
Any generalized details between the two you could pass along as to enjoy.

Have Fun

Feb 27, 2024 at 2:14 AM Post #64,511 of 65,583
Is there some Grado Wiki / database that contains release dates and other info of past and present Grado headphones including limited editions?

Feb 27, 2024 at 3:12 AM Post #64,512 of 65,583
Is there some Grado Wiki / database that contains release dates and other info of past and present Grado headphones including limited editions?
They used to have a timeline with at least their limited editions somewhere on their website but I’m unable to locate it right now

Feb 27, 2024 at 4:31 AM Post #64,513 of 65,583
Does anyone have some 7 band EQ's (RME Adi 2) for the Hemp, Gh2, RS2e, Ps2000e?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back