Grado Fan Club!
Jan 23, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #58,517 of 65,794
thanks David, the Gagliano was bought 23-4 yeas ago, thanks to my family, and a kind man Mr Xiu. it is a she violin, sensitive, hard to control on stage. otherwise it is not affordable.

I am not a hifi person, and was not a grado fan. heard the plastic grado maybe over 10 plus years ago when I was still a student. they were sharp as I can remember .

I don't know if headphone company if they really upgrade headphones. the HD 25 still is my work horse. I have the HD600, the hifiman HE1000. the Philip x1 was good (not the x2...hr something), the Sony z1r was also good for relax and go to sleep. to me, the price do not mean much in term of sound or the listening experience.

I liked the 325x, refreshing !!!! I like it a lot on MUSE the band, and some Vivaldi --"Baroque music" or "Baaaa rock and roll music". :).
the GH4 is just amazing on almost all unplugged recordings. ---- I am there. being relaxed and excited at the same time, yes it is possible. there should be more GH4s (not LCD 1 ---- are we trying to make our head a computer ?)

I agree with you and very well said.

Jan 23, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #58,518 of 65,794
I've just been getting into a set of 3000e -- also owning the RS1x -- I assume / imagine jumping to the 3000x would be a hybrid of sorts between 30000e and RS1x (best of both) ... all conjecture of course :wink:
Well, I can only speak for myself. It seems that the X series in general are a continuation, and furtherance of the Grado "house sound". From my experiences the RS1x is a great headphone and one which I will be keeping till the bitter end.....That being said, the 3000x is a better headphone than the RS1x. More refined, better timbre, sound stage dramatically improved. Refined, but still punchy if that makes sense.

Anyway, enjoy the music during your sonic journey.... :beerchug:

Leo

Jan 23, 2023 at 11:38 AM Post #58,519 of 65,794
I really don't know how you guys do it but the Grado cable... is unacceptable! I love my Hemp but the cable just gets on my nerves more and more. If I want to grab a can with a portable set around the house, I just won't grab the Hemp because of the cable... not only it is heavier than the headphones itself but the usual filling with it to try not kink it is getting on my nerves.
Iam seriously considering sending it somewhere to change the cable and just screw the warranty. I swear that if I didn't like it this much, I would have sold it just for this cable matter. I really cannot understand these choices nowadays and considering the competition around. At some point I was even considering a GS3000X but, besides other reasons I stated here before, the simple issue of not being able to change cables for that unit is a big no-go for me! Let alone having to spend at least 200 Euros more, for every unit purchased (new or used) in order to exchange the cable to something acceptable.

Iam deeply sorry about the rant but I have just been struggling with the cable for 10 minutes and I swear to you that if money was not a concern to me, I would have tossed the headphone out of the window without thinking twice!

Jan 23, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #58,520 of 65,794
Iam seriously considering sending it somewhere to change the cable and just screw the warranty.

Lol I was thinking the same thing last night. I wonder if they would still honor the warranty if I got it recabled at Moon Audio (as he does sell them new/recabled)? So expensive, but the Blue Dragon sounds like a good match with Grados.

Jan 23, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #58,521 of 65,794
Lol I was thinking the same thing last night. I wonder if they would still honor the warranty if I got it recabled at Moon Audio (as he does sell them new/recabled)? So expensive, but the Blue Dragon sounds like a good match with Grados.
Just ask Grado directly. If you can you are lucky. Since I live in Europe my options are limited (probably Forza) and I know that as soon as I'll do it, warranty will be lost, but at this point I'm willing to risk. It was not the cheapest headphone but also not top of the line prices. Unless I'm very unlucky, from everything I read, QC doesn't seem to be an issue with Grado, so I won't think it will need repair before the warranty will be over (knock on the wood). :sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #58,522 of 65,794
A second matter I would like to address (I deeply apologize but it seems I'm looking for attention at this point :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) is the following.

Iam looking for an upgrade to the Hemp. I'm no collector, so I won't be purchasing 5, 6 or more cans (at least I hope not!) but I also know myself and I need to purchase something I believe is near the "end of the line" or I will never be satisfied.

After much consideration, and for many reasons already stated here in my several posts, I don't believe it will be a Grado, sadly. Mainly because to consider a real upgrade from the Hemp you have to go to the Top of the line and that brings some issues for me, but also because I think a signature change is needed.

So, for many different reason I'm considering a Meze Elite (probably used since I won't be able to listen to one before a purchase).

But before that sort of decision, I have a 325 Gold on the way, because I wanted to experiment the other side of the Grado signature (at its most hardcore extreme, from my understanding) just to be sure I´m more of a Hemp / X type of guy as I suspect. But since it was not that expensive, I believe I should give it a go before going somewhere else because if by a meager chance I will cope with that signature, more used and "inexpensive" options will open for sure, in the Grado world!... and I will still be able to change cables! :sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #58,523 of 65,794
I really don't know how you guys do it but the Grado cable... is unacceptable! I love my Hemp but the cable just gets on my nerves more and more. If I want to grab a can with a portable set around the house, I just won't grab the Hemp because of the cable... not only it is heavier than the headphones itself but the usual filling with it to try not kink it is getting on my nerves.
Iam seriously considering sending it somewhere to change the cable and just screw the warranty. I swear that if I didn't like it this much, I would have sold it just for this cable matter. I really cannot understand these choices nowadays and considering the competition around. At some point I was even considering a GS3000X but, besides other reasons I stated here before, the simple issue of not being able to change cables for that unit is a big no-go for me! Let alone having to spend at least 200 Euros more, for every unit purchased (new or used) in order to exchange the cable to something acceptable.

Iam deeply sorry about the rant but I have just been struggling with the cable for 10 minutes and I swear to you that if money was not a concern to me, I would have tossed the headphone out of the window without thinking twice!

I personally love the Grado stock cable. Love how it sounds and feels in the hand. I hope they never change it.

It’s old school…exactly how it should be.

Reminds me of simpler times and things.

Perfect 👌

Jan 23, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #58,524 of 65,794
I personally love the Grado stock cable. Love how it sounds and feels in the hand. I hope they never change it.

It’s old school…exactly how it should be.

Reminds me of simpler times and things.

Perfect 👌
It is Wonderfull that we are all different. :thumbsup: But I guess that you use your Grado´s more from a stationary position or I cannot understand how you could say that from a practical perspective.:beyersmile::beerchug:

Jan 23, 2023 at 1:12 PM Post #58,525 of 65,794
Just ask Grado directly. If you can you are lucky. Since I live in Europe my options are limited (probably Forza) and I know that as soon as I'll do it, warranty will be lost, but at this point I'm willing to risk. It was not the cheapest headphone but also not top of the line prices. Unless I'm very unlucky, from everything I read, QC doesn't seem to be an issue with Grado, so I won't think it will need repair before the warranty will be over (knock on the wood). :sweat_smile:
I currently own at least ten Grados, from the Hemp to the the Signature HP2. I have also owned many other models in the past and have had no reliability issues of any sort with any of them.
I’m fact I have several older vintage Stax electrostatic phones that go back to the 70’s and no problems with ANY of them.

In my previous life in audio retail I find that speakers and headphones (mini speakers) generally do not go bad if all was properly matched up and played under normal conditions.

In fact the only phones I have had issues with are the Focal Elear (one channel died), an admitted issue that exists across their line and a HiFiMan HE560 which went bad due to poor design.

Those were the only two out of all that I have had which had been over 65 phones but is being trimmed down as I downsize.

My 2 cents

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #58,527 of 65,794
Pads really do make a difference. I am attaching three pics. Thinnest is stock, middle is Shipibo and thickest is Dekoni.

I think I prefer the Shipibo pads now. Stock is too close and Dekoni are too far. :smile:

The GH2's lead in clarity, but the Hemp/Shipibo win on bass. I think I will be keeping the Hemps, but I really need to have a pad sale.:relaxed:

Dekoni.jpgStock.jpgShipibo.jpg

Jan 23, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #58,530 of 65,794
It is wonderful that we are all different ^^.:beerchug:
^^ Thank goodness! You probably couldn’t stand two of me… and vice versa…! 🤪🤣🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back