Grado Fan Club!
Apr 16, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #52,336 of 65,682
Interesting, eBay prices on a lot of electronics have been way out of wack. I saw recently a $1000 retail amp on for $2800, buy it now at $3500.
The seller was located in Brooklyn so likely an employee or ex. Should have posted it at $499 auction not BIN. Granted no box but still, someone got a steal imo.

Apr 16, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #52,337 of 65,682
Hey my Grado friends, it’s been awhile since I’ve checked in. Hope y'all are doing well. I just wanted to share something. Certain albums that have bad dynamic range would sound really bland on all of my headphones (HD600, HEMP.) But once I play those albums on my SR225X they light up. My theory is that the bump in the treble that the 225x and other grado headphones have artificially gives the music dynamics that the original mix didn’t have. Wonder if yall noticed this. But I love it!

Albums I’ve noticed this with: Spelling- the turning wheel, silk sonic- an evening with silk sonic, ghost- impera, Marilyn manson- mechanical animals

thought i would share this nugget with you guys! Hope yall been well

Apr 16, 2022 at 5:29 PM Post #52,338 of 65,682
Hey my Grado friends, it’s been awhile since I’ve checked in. Hope y'all are doing well. I just wanted to share something. Certain albums that have bad dynamic range would sound really bland on all of my headphones (HD600, HEMP.) But once I play those albums on my SR225X they light up. My theory is that the bump in the treble that the 225x and other grado headphones have artificially gives the music dynamics that the original mix didn’t have. Wonder if yall noticed this. But I love it!

Albums I’ve noticed this with: Spelling- the turning wheel, silk sonic- an evening with silk sonic, ghost- impera, Marilyn manson- mechanical animals

thought i would share this nugget with you guys! Hope yall been well
Yup... that's why it's hard to take SR325X off my head...

Apr 16, 2022 at 6:59 PM Post #52,340 of 65,682
Hi everyone, I'm considering a PS500e, but I have two questions, how's it fare in 2022, and and being so easy to drive, how does it play with tubes and amplification?
It is a wonderful headphone with good class A solid-state and with tubes. As for 2022 (?), the PS500e does not sound dated: it is clear, coherent, detailed, dynamic, exciting, full-frequency balanced….The PS500e may be hard to find: it has been discontinued by Grado Labs…maybe a PS500x ? 🤞

Apr 16, 2022 at 7:22 PM Post #52,342 of 65,682
the 325x is a great headphone but the inconvenience of the pads is tremendous, advice?
If you haven't had them long give them time as they do get a lot better, I also have 80x and there like wearing slippers from new but my 325x were really uncomfortable from new..... now there is not much difference between the two.
Also imo they are the best sounding pads but I did try my 80x pads on them and they were pretty good, better than any 3rd party I have tried so far.

Apr 16, 2022 at 7:33 PM Post #52,343 of 65,682
It is a wonderful headphone with good class A solid-state and with tubes. As for 2022 (?), the PS500e does not sound dated: it is clear, coherent, detailed, dynamic, exciting, full-frequency balanced….The PS500e may be hard to find: it has been discontinued by Grado Labs…maybe a PS500x ? 🤞
Thank you, that's exactly what I was concerned about, it's the e model, I think I'll go ahead and give it a try then.

Also, I didn't know that the PS500e was discontinued as well, does the PS500x actually exist???

Apr 16, 2022 at 7:48 PM Post #52,346 of 65,682
the 325x is a great headphone but the inconvenience of the pads is tremendous, advice?
Wear them a bit lower on your ears... sound more even too

Apr 16, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #52,349 of 65,682
One more question, it's been a while since I've had a Grado in my life, has anyone tried out any of the newer Dekoni and ZMF pads with their Grados? Think it'd be worth ordering either for the PS500e, or even just as nice extras (that will probably fit my Erzetich Thalia and ESW9A)?

Apr 16, 2022 at 8:20 PM Post #52,350 of 65,682
You should open and the headband so it doesn't press against your ears so much. Basically, the cups should be wide apart so it fits your head between them.

Don't worry. It's a metal piece inside de headband, you can bend it. Just go slow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back