Grado Fan Club!
Aug 6, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #33,091 of 65,797
  No doubt you are correct about his motives.  Still, it ended well, and I am happy.

+1
beerchug.gif

Aug 6, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #33,093 of 65,797
When I first started this hobby my first cans were the sr60i. I loved it and I do a lot of researching, which of course included headfi, then I decided that the ms2 would be my dream cans. Time passed and I forgot about it, I was very happy with each and any of my 325s and I even had a ms pro and a rs1i. Now that I've got the ms2e, I suddenly remember I was a broke ass student living on the edge of Germany where I got my first Grado. I really wanted the ms2 and it would be my endgame, I really thought that would be my limit on audio.

Then you guys spent 5 pages talking about the rs2e and now my upgraditus is really tingling...

Aug 6, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #33,095 of 65,797
When I first started this hobby my first cans were the sr60i. I loved it and I do a lot of researching, which of course included headfi, then I decided that the ms2 would be my dream cans. Time passed and I forgot about it, I was very happy with each and any of my 325s and I even had a ms pro and a rs1i. Now that I've got the ms2e, I suddenly remember I was a broke ass student living on the edge of Germany where I got my first Grado. I really wanted the ms2 and it would be my endgame, I really thought that would be my limit on audio.

Then you guys spent 5 pages talking about the rs2e and now my upgraditus is really tingling...

evil_smiley.gif

biggrin.gif

Aug 6, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #33,096 of 65,797
  Spent a couple hours at Audio Advice in Raleigh, NC today.  Great folks.  My thanks to Ivan for putting up with me.  Purchased the Grado RS2e.  Had a chance to listen to PS500e, SR80, SR325, and GS1000...not sure which letter suffix on all of these.  I am burning in the RS2e now, but will give them a listen later on tonight when things quiet down.  I will say that the GS1000 are indeed very sweet, but I cannot see my way clear to drop a grand on phones...not right now, anyway.  So, my Grado journey has begun.

Congrats on your new RS2e’s - they’re my go-to headphones - hope you enjoy them...

Aug 6, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #33,097 of 65,797

I know you love your pet (dogs?) and everything, and since I have allergies I can't do this but in a parallel universe I would gladly take the AD2000 off your hands so you can fund them rs2e. Maybe just get them, maybe.....

Aug 6, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #33,098 of 65,797
Congrats on your new RS2e’s - they’re my go-to headphones - hope you enjoy them...

Thanks!  So far, so good.  The clarity of the sound is astounding.  Like nothing I have previously experienced.

Aug 7, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #33,099 of 65,797
I just ordered the RS2e. If you search this thread, you will see I tried the 225e almost two years ago and LOVED them but had to let them go due to financial circumstances. I told myself I would buy them back again, and I suppose this is my way of redressing that wound.

You guys are bad. 
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 7, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #33,101 of 65,797
Hey everyone - Guess I am on the hype train too!

I went to a local dealer yesterday (only one around) and luckily they had most of the E series on display.

I tried a lot of headphones and through careful listening I chose the RS2e. It is just so clear and open and transparent!

I JUST purchased the 80e the other day but all it did was give me an itch that these new RS2e's scratch!!

At the store my personal preferences were 60e < rs1e < 80e < 325e < 225e < RS2e

(Those were the ones I did the most listening to)

By the way, the 225e sounded really awesome, it was a decent second place for me!

Aug 7, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #33,104 of 65,797
Lots of love for the RS2e right now: it's gorgeous.

Quote:
  Hello, somebody can tell me the differences betwen SR80i and SR80e and if the change is interesting?.

Thanks

The e-series is the new series. The i-series was the previous generation of Grado Prestige Series headphones.

The general opinion is that the e-series is clearer and more weightier sounding, as well as being less bright. The bass is said to be fuller too.

I can not fully speculate, because I owned the SR125i and now have the 225e. I can hear the signature change, but I did very much love the 125i. (I have a hankering to hear the 125i again.)
 If you want further reading there is a thread called something like the Grado e-series thread. Lots of impressions there.

Aug 7, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #33,105 of 65,797
@Dillan
Congrats!  Hope you enjoy the RS2e as much as I am.  My initial impressions were like yours.  The clarity and transparency is unlike any headphone I have ever owned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back