Grado Fan Club!
Jul 27, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #32,956 of 65,797
May be we will made same new cups for grado. The Gs1000 cup was my favourite but now i am in love with the Gh1 clone. Them are lighter and smaller.

I was surprised cos the midrange is more present tan mi Gs1000 clone. It may be for the size of the cup or the diferent driver. This fit a sr325 driver an d the clon magnums. I use jumbo by confort, prefer the sound with bowls with much music but ergonomics is a terrible failure.

Gh1 clone with jumbo pads.

Regards from Chiclana

Jul 27, 2016 at 5:14 AM Post #32,958 of 65,797
Cabillas,

Where does one source these gh-1 clone cups?
Curious..
smily_headphones1.gif

Seems to me like they make them themselves.

Jul 27, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #32,959 of 65,797

Right, I forgot that the GS2Ke is using two different woods.

LOL, yeah already! 
biggrin.gif

So you leave your Grado on when you take a leak!
Why not just take them off your head and you won't have to unplug them?

let me clarify!. Summer is very short up here in Canada, so when it's nice and warm out, I like to open up a cold one, put on a concert, and watch it through my patio door, as I sit on my balcony.

For this, I use my new GR10e, and these suckers are in so deep in my ears, that when I have to go empty my peanut size bladder, I keep my auricular suppositorys on.
biggrin.gif

By the way, if anybody is hesitating about spending over $400 for the GR10e, don't, these things sound absolutely amazing!. The bass is deep, the mids have that typical Grado richness, and the treble reaches pretty high, for IEMs. The soundstage is surprisignly big, and since they come with 3 different tip sizes, comfort is not a issue.

Someone could have the GR10e as is only pair of headphones, without giving up any of that sound quality we've come to expect from Grado.

Sorry Joseph!, I'm so happy with my GR10e, that I just had to share.
redface.gif

I am allowed to listen to music at work with my in ears.....i have thought about these....just afraid I may break them at work.......using a HifiMan RE-400 now.

Hey buddy. Really? The RE-400's are tougher than the GR10e's? That's news!

Anyway, just poking my head up in the middle of finals to say "hi". Absolutely no headphone use on my end for about 3 months. I'll have to change that in August
biggrin.gif
:)

Hi Scott, hope all is well with you.  Good luck with finals.

Nah, I did not mean the RE-400 was tougher than the GR10's....heck I have never even wore a GR10......I just meant I am not sure spending $400 for them and then use them at my job would be worth it......I am an offset printer....so dirty hands, ink on hands....yada , yada......I dont really care so much if I ruin a $100 iem....but would be a little depressed to ruin a $400 one 
tongue.gif

Glad you popped in.

Jul 27, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #32,962 of 65,797
Jul 27, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #32,963 of 65,797
Seems like it's time for my first Magnum

i definitely love my V6's !
so much so that I purchased a second pair to have as a back up.

I noticed head fi member trojan2900 is selling a pair of Grado SR325's but having replaced the SR325 drivers with a pair of Symphone Magnum V6's (and is also including a pair of Symphone Magnum V3 in the sale as well as G cush and L Cush pads) for $269 which is a great price ,the only thing is you don't get the fun and adventure of building them yourself .

or maybe you'd prefer to buy the newer V7 drivers and choose your own cables/cups/headband assembly.
either way i  thought i'd point this sale out in case you were interested in the V6 (and V3) drivers
both of which are no longer available

as for how different the V6 are compared to the V7 you could ask members on the Grado modders go Magnum forum

here is the link for the sale of the V6 Grado SR325 mod
http://www.head-fi.org/t/815502/grado-sr325-w-symphones-magnum-v6-drivers-upgraded-cable

Jul 27, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #32,964 of 65,797
Am I am wimp for being too nervous to mod my 225e? I mean I like them a lot but I am convinced wooden cups would enhance their performance. I also like the description that @DavidA says is achieved with Dynomat and Sorbothane. Meaning deeper clearer bass and smoother highs.

I dunno maybe it's just procrastinating. Or the fact that I decided, if it went wrong and I destroyed them, I would buy the 325e. However the 325e is meant to be a little brighter than the 225e which is not the direction I want to go. Yet I was under the impression from the What Hi-Fi review of the 325e that it is perfectly tamed. What Hi-Fi say the 325e it never gets bright or hard edged.

See, I am stuck, but I would love to hear some more quality over the 225e. (I like my 225e though so please don't think it's a criticism.)

Jul 27, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #32,965 of 65,797
  Am I am wimp for being too nervous to mod my 225e? I mean I like them a lot but I am convinced wooden cups would enhance their performance. I also like the description that @DavidA says is achieved with Dynomat and Sorbothane. Meaning deeper clearer bass and smoother highs.

I dunno maybe it's just procrastinating. Or the fact that I decided, if it went wrong and I destroyed them, I would buy the 325e. However the 325e is meant to be a little brighter than the 225e which is not the direction I want to go. Yet I was under the impression from the What Hi-Fi review of the 325e that it is perfectly tamed. What Hi-Fi say the 325e it never gets bright or hard edged.

See, I am stuck, but I would love to hear some more quality over the 225e. (I like my 225e though so please don't think it's a criticism.)

If I was close enough to you I would do the mod for you but shipping anything to Hawaii will cost way too much.  The hardest part is getting the driver out without breaking the sleeve if you want to be able to go back to original, if you don't intend to go back then its easy to cut the driver out of the sleeve and depending on which cups you get you don't even have to solder.

Jul 28, 2016 at 1:54 AM Post #32,966 of 65,797
Well I purchased my first Grado, a SR-60E that I got for portable though I ended up using it more for my desktop system as they sound better and scale more than I expected. Seems I'm really liking the Grado sound, much more liquid and round than I expected. I'm liking it more than I expected I would, especially considering I'm coming from much more expensive headphones. Some reason I always forgot to get a Grado. The treble while a bit aggressive(especially before the initial burn-in) isn't really fatiguing to me, especially on tubes. Main issue I noticed is a bit of glare but I assume because it's the low-end model and slight confusion with more complicated music. No real issues with comfort even with the stock pads. I am planning on tinkering with mods on this headphone, will start with simple dampening mods. I'm not sure what to expect from higher end Grado, though I would like to get a pair that's a bit darker, has a cleaner sound, and has a bit better transients. I have no clue how the different models of the E-series of Grados are supposed to differ from each other. Would like some suggestions on what direction I should go in the Grado line-up.

Jul 28, 2016 at 5:57 AM Post #32,968 of 65,797
Well I purchased my first Grado, a SR-60E that I got for portable though I ended up using it more for my desktop system as they sound better and scale more than I expected. Seems I'm really liking the Grado sound, much more liquid and round than I expected. I'm liking it more than I expected I would, especially considering I'm coming from much more expensive headphones. Some reason I always forgot to get a Grado. The treble while a bit aggressive(especially before the initial burn-in) isn't really fatiguing to me, especially on tubes. Main issue I noticed is a bit of glare but I assume because it's the low-end model and slight confusion with more complicated music. No real issues with comfort even with the stock pads. I am planning on tinkering with mods on this headphone, will start with simple dampening mods. I'm not sure what to expect from higher end Grado, though I would like to get a pair that's a bit darker, has a cleaner sound, and has a bit better transients. I have no clue how the different models of the E-series of Grados are supposed to differ from each other. Would like some suggestions on what direction I should go in the Grado line-up.

How long have you had the 60e, meaning how long ha it been run it. You may find it fills out in the bass with more play, if you only had it a short while.

I can't advise where to go up the line, because I only have the 225e. I can say that I owned the 125i and preferred them over the 60i. ...Also that general opinion is that the RS2e is very popular. The GH-1 if you can them are is the jewel is some Grado fans crown. The GH-1 is reported absolutely not to have an aggressive top-end, if I recall correct. I am sure a GH-1 owner will tell you.

Jul 28, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #32,969 of 65,797

How long have you had the 60e, meaning how long ha it been run it. You may find it fills out in the bass with more play, if you only had it a short while.

I can't advise where to go up the line, because I only have the 225e. I can say that I owned the 125i and preferred them over the 60i. ...Also that general opinion is that the RS2e is very popular. The GH-1 if you can them are is the jewel is some Grado fans crown. The GH-1 is reported absolutely not to have an aggressive top-end, if I recall correct. I am sure a GH-1 owner will tell you.

Only for like three days, it has roughly 15 hours on it. I'm going to wait and see how it changes with more use and as the pads break in a bit.

I heard a lot of praise about the GH-1. I did gather the GS-2000e is a better version of it, but that's out of my price range and I would like to listen to a headphone that expensive before considering purchasing it. I'm not the most familiar with modding Grado's either so that will take time to figure out how they respond to modding, I'm most familiar with modding AKGs and Beyers.

Jul 28, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #32,970 of 65,797
  Only for like three days, it has roughly 15 hours on it. I'm going to wait and see how it changes with more use and as the pads break in a bit.

I heard a lot of praise about the GH-1. I did gather the GS-2000e is a better version of it, but that's out of my price range and I would like to listen to a headphone that expensive before considering purchasing it. I'm not the most familiar with modding Grado's either so that will take time to figure out how they respond to modding, I'm most familiar with modding AKGs and Beyers.

That' good then. I would give them 70 hours to run-in properly. They should only improve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back