Grado Fan Club!
Jul 25, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #32,926 of 66,264
The Grado journey we take with headphones is most fun
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll drink to that, not Scotch like musiclvr though!, I drink two strong beers, and I forget to unplug my Grados, when I get up to go take a leak!
blink.gif

I see the GH1 is no longer available "new".

Already!

Yeah...they are using the hole-riddled remainder of that Sunset Park maple tree for the liners of the new GS2000e!

I've heard that Grado is coming out with a new model next fall. They say it will be made with the same wood as the GH-1 but it will cost less.

So keep your eyes peeled for the new Grado SD-E1_(Saw Dust Edition)
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #32,927 of 66,264
  Yeah...they are using the hole-riddled remainder of that Sunset Park maple tree for the liners of the new GS2000e!

Right, I forgot that the GS2Ke is using two different woods.

I'll drink to that, not Scotch like musiclvr though!, I drink two strong beers, and I forget to unplug my Grados, when I get up to go take a leak!
size]

Already!

LOL, yeah already! 
biggrin.gif

So you leave your Grado on when you take a leak!
Why not just take them off your head and you won't have to unplug them?

Jul 25, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #32,928 of 66,264
Cannot wait for the sawdust edition!

Also can't count how many times I have stood up and choked myself with a headphone cable by accident.

As a side note, I love the SR80e so far.. Its the perfect headphone to use around the house plugged right into my phone or laptop.

SR325e or RS2e soon?
devil_face.gif

Jul 25, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #32,929 of 66,264
  Cannot wait for the sawdust edition!

Also can't count how many times I have stood up and choked myself with a headphone cable by accident.

As a side note, I love the SR80e so far.. Its the perfect headphone to use around the house plugged right into my phone or laptop.

SR325e or RS2e soon?
devil_face.gif

Glad your enjoying them.
I just loaned out my 80i (w/Vibrolabs "classic" cups) to a friend who would like to get into the hobby a little bit (yeah right). Even though I've never heard the 80e I'll probably recommend it to him if the (i) satisfies him enough going by everyones impressions here.

Jul 25, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #32,930 of 66,264
  Glad your enjoying them.
I just loaned out my 80i (w/Vibrolabs "classic" cups) to a friend who would like to get into the hobby a little bit (yeah right). Even though I've never heard the 80e I'll probably recommend it to him if the (i) satisfies him enough going by everyones impressions here.

They remind me of a slightly punchier, overall "better" version of my old 60i. Something about the S and L cushions are great to me. I guess I really enjoy the sound quality and convenience/fit of on-ears. Never thought I would though.

Jul 25, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #32,931 of 66,264
  They remind me of a slightly punchier, overall "better" version of my old 60i. Something about the S and L cushions are great to me. I guess I really enjoy the sound quality and convenience/fit of on-ears. Never thought I would though.

I dint mind my 80i with the S cushions either, but I do prefer the L…which is what I use.

Jul 25, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #32,932 of 66,264
  I dint mind my 80i with the S cushions either, but I do prefer the L…which is what I use.

just got a 80i and like it better with L cushion, the S gets too hot for me, going to take it apart and try the drivers in a Turbulent labs batch 5 cups, hope its as good as the SR-60i drivers that I tried a few months ago.

I also got a used SR-225i and did some mods to it (dynamat, sorbothane and also SMC connectors) and its quite different from a SR-225e modded the same way, the "e" version is quite a bit better in almost all areas.

Jul 25, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #32,933 of 66,264
  just got a 80i and like it better with L cushion, the S gets too hot for me, going to take it apart and try the drivers in a Turbulent labs batch 5 cups, hope its as good as the SR-60i drivers that I tried a few months ago.

I also got a used SR-225i and did some mods to it (dynamat, sorbothane and also SMC connectors) and its quite different from a SR-225e modded the same way, the "e" version is quite a bit better in almost all areas.

If the batch 005 are the same as 004, they are gorgeous!
Do the driver need to be liberated like they did for the Vibrolabs "classic" cups, or are the Turbulent Labs slip-ons?

Unfortunately, the only (e) series I've heard are the GS/PS1Ke and the GH1, I've never had the chance to hear any of the SR line and probably never will being I have the 80i/325is/RS1i, but I would imagine they sound very nice going on my experience with the GH1 (e) drivers.

Jul 25, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #32,934 of 66,264
  If the batch 005 are the same as 004, they are gorgeous!
Do the driver need to be liberated like they did for the Vibrolabs "classic" cups, or are the Turbulent Labs slip-ons?

Unfortunately, the only (e) series I've heard are the GS/PS1Ke and the GH1, I've never had the chance to hear any of the SR line and probably never will being I have the 80i/325is/RS1i, but I would imagine they sound very nice going on my experience with the GH1 (e) drivers.

I think the batch 005 and 004 are like the 001 that I got a few years ago, really nice, here is a picture with the SR-225e drivers in them at the time:

Drivers need to be liberated and they are full cups, not slip-on.

After modding my SR-225e its actually better than my RS2e to me, bass goes lower and is cleaner, highs are smoothed out and it has a better balanced over all sound.

Jul 25, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #32,935 of 66,264
  I think the batch 005 and 004 are like the 001 that I got a few years ago, really nice, here is a picture with the SR-225e drivers in them at the time:

After modding my SR-225e its actually better than my RS2e to me, bass goes lower and is cleaner, highs are smoothed out and it has a better balanced over all sound.

I recall this photo of these gorgeous HP's being posted before, are these yours?

Jul 25, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #32,937 of 66,264
Also - allow me to use my 1500th post to say I am currently enjoying my new 80e's on my laptop with a nice ale and about to fall asleep. Happy Monday night to all you Grado fans and audiophiles alike.

Jul 25, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #32,939 of 66,264

I bought a pair of rosewood cups from Turbulent Labs (batch 004) then found the same exact cups are available for 20 dollars less from Rholupat http://www.rholupat.com/products?page=1 in fact they come in the same exact box which makes me wonder if Turbulent Labs aren't sourcing their cups from him and just marking them up..?

either way next pair of wooden cups I need I'll be buying from Rhoulpat . they  also sell beautiful aluminum gimbals,rodblocks and leather headbands all for far less than Turbulent Labs.just thought i'd pass this info on to other Grado fans wanting to mod their headphones.I used my batch 004 rosewood cups for a pair of Symphones Magnum V6 and they sound incredible far better than my SR60i or SR80i though not quite as great as my PS500e (but not far behind in many respects either and with far more bass ,zero sibilance (without sacrificing treble) and beautiful midrange, they aren't as detailed resolving or spacious as the PS500e but then again I built them for less than half of what i paid for the PS500e)  I can't wait to build a pair of V7's when I have the means to do so. http://symphones.com/

Jul 25, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #32,940 of 66,264
  Also - allow me to use my 1500th post to say I am currently enjoying my new 80e's on my laptop with a nice ale and about to fall asleep. Happy Monday night to all you Grado fans and audiophiles alike.

Congrats on "Headphoneus Supremus" standing
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back