Grado Fan Club!
Jun 23, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #32,432 of 65,634
  Very nice, Joseph....enjoy 
smile.gif

Thank you very much, Joe.

Sat right next to a big suishy comfy chair. Just as it should be.

The only way to relax and enjoy.

Jun 23, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #32,434 of 65,634
So I take it your ears are fine with the Stax FR now? I'm really glad if that's the case. Also thanks to everyone here at Grado Fan Club (you guys know who you are) who taught me the importance of supporting the business that treats us well and ditching businesses who don't.

Amen to that

Jun 23, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #32,437 of 65,634
Hey all!  I fell in love with the GS1000e's at a local hifi shop last week.  My only other pair of Grado's are some 325 goldies, which I like but not for extended listening periods.  My only external amplification is an old Ibasso Cobra since I mainly listen to my W4s on the go.  

Not having heard either the Valhalla 2 or the Lyr 2, which would pair better with the GS1000es?  I listen to everything from ambient to jazz to hip-hop.  I'm stuck with my Asus Xonar ST for DAC duties until I can save up for something better.

Any thoughts?

Jun 23, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #32,438 of 65,634
Hey all!  I fell in love with the GS1000e's at a local hifi shop last week.  My only other pair of Grado's are some 325 goldies, which I like but not for extended listening periods.  My only external amplification is an old Ibasso Cobra since I mainly listen to my W4s on the go.  

Not having heard either the Valhalla 2 or the Lyr 2, which would pair better with the GS1000es?  I listen to everything from ambient to jazz to hip-hop.  I'm stuck with my Asus Xonar ST for DAC duties until I can save up for something better.

Any thoughts?

Grado recommends the Lyr2.

Jun 23, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #32,442 of 65,634
Sorry about the repeated post…I don't know whats going on with H-F…I'm having some issues with a few things. Anyway, I actually got up the nerve to terminate my GH1 tonight with a Neutrik 4-pin XLR connector because I received them this afternoon (I was scared schiit!) which is why I did the GH1. 
size]

To my surprise it was a very simple to do…so simple I can't wait to do my PS1K tomorrow. I'm listening to them now and I can say right off the bat that there is definitely a more clearer instrument separation and more air between them and also more depth in the sound-stage. The mid-range cleared up very nicely as well…very glad I went this route in the short time I've been listening. As I write this I'm distracted by the distinc crystal clear sound of drum stick hitting 
hi-hats and cymbals with the song I'm listening to which I've heard many times before but never stood out like this. More to come as I listen. 

Jun 23, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #32,445 of 65,634
Grado recommends the Lyr2.

Having auditioned the Valhalla 2 and the Vali 2 quite often, I have never quite understood Schiit's tube philosophy. Tube amps that limits coloration and aims for clarity, SS-like sound? I think that defeats the purpose of having tube in your system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back