Grado Fan Club!
Jan 25, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #30,391 of 65,571
I look at the F/S forums all of the time, I'm not stalking anything/anyone, and I don't think I'm anybody's "Grado hero". And its not my business, but I am quite annoyed, I could have sold these for $1200.00 which is what I paid for them NOS, instead I thought I'd do the right thing and was happy to sell them to someone who would be grateful, thats all. And yes, I am insulted that members I thought were good people/grateful would do this. You keep telling me to dig a little deeper, but the ad clearly say they are being sold for what they were paid for when I came across it. I also don't have "sellers remorse"…if I wanted to, I could have bought the PS1K NOS, but bought the (e) series…so you guys get it straight. And my moms basement???

So, you got them at a bargain. Then orrb_05 got them at a bargain. Then I get then at a bargain. Now someone else is getting a bargain. Everyone but you is happy. Just be happy that they helped to finance your next purchase. Now I am not replacing them with ither headphones, but I am happy my 16 year old daughter gets to go to France with her French class. Let's all just chill. Nobody is being taken advantage of. Not you, not Orrb, not me, or the buyer who gets them next. We ALL are got them at a great price.

I am done with this and I am done with you Joe. Thanks for dragging Orrb and I through the mud though.

Jan 25, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #30,392 of 65,571
Apologies also to both of you for the confusion.

I am sorry for losing my temper. I apologize for saying unkind things to you Joe. I will not forgive you for slandering me publically until its made right.

Jan 26, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #30,393 of 65,571
Just a word to the wise for any of you Gradophiles who also love bass: get a set of GH-1's before they're gone. I've spent a considerable amount of time comparing them to other Grados such as the RS1/2. Compared to the GH1, the RS1 basically has no bass. If you care at all about this, it really makes a big difference. The RS1e to my ears doesn't hold a candle to the GH1, same with the RS2e. They are both 'good' but not as good as the GH1, not even close. Grados in general aren't known for bass but the GH1 is better than you would expect, especially after 50-ish hours of burn-in. It's a limited edition headphone that most people will never be able to hear, and some people might be skeptical about but for anyone crazy enough to be reading this thread, hopefully you already own a pair or will soon. Don't miss out on this set of cans. You'll regret it if you do.

Jan 26, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #30,394 of 65,571
If you look closely, it looks like the cable has been changed on these HP1.

I don't get that impression I looking at them. What makes you think it was changed? Thanks.

Jan 26, 2016 at 2:40 AM Post #30,395 of 65,571
I don't get that impression I looking at them. What makes you think it was changed? Thanks.

what's the logo stamped into the "Y" plastic part?

i believe the Joseph Grado ones had "JG" on there, while newer ones have "GL" (grado labs) on them.

Jan 26, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #30,396 of 65,571
  Just a word to the wise for any of you Gradophiles who also love bass: get a set of GH-1's before they're gone. I've spent a considerable amount of time comparing them to other Grados such as the RS1/2. Compared to the GH1, the RS1 basically has no bass. If you care at all about this, it really makes a big difference. The RS1e to my ears doesn't hold a candle to the GH1, same with the RS2e. They are both 'good' but not as good as the GH1, not even close. Grados in general aren't known for bass but the GH1 is better than you would expect, especially after 50-ish hours of burn-in. It's a limited edition headphone that most people will never be able to hear, and some people might be skeptical about but for anyone crazy enough to be reading this thread, hopefully you already own a pair or will soon. Don't miss out on this set of cans. You'll regret it if you do.

I think a lot of bass sound strange in headphones, so i don´t want any more than other Grados :)

Jan 26, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #30,397 of 65,571
Hi all, 

I am still pretty new to headphones and all the terms you guys use. I am hoping you guys can tell me (if possible) how the PS500e sound like in layman's term. I've got a good deal where someone is selling it for pretty cheap so I'd thought I might go and get it, however he does live quite some distance away so I dont want to go all the way down just to find out it is totally off from what I like.

The only other "quality" ear piece i've own is my daily driver, the EarSonic SM3. I LOVE it as it sounds as tho the band is playing right in front of you in a small room. Small sound stage? and the sound is "darker". Would you say that the PS500e would be similiar? 

Thak you! :)

Jan 26, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #30,398 of 65,571
  Hi all, 

I am still pretty new to headphones and all the terms you guys use. I am hoping you guys can tell me (if possible) how the PS500e sound like in layman's term. I've got a good deal where someone is selling it for pretty cheap so I'd thought I might go and get it, however he does live quite some distance away so I dont want to go all the way down just to find out it is totally off from what I like.

The only other "quality" ear piece i've own is my daily driver, the EarSonic SM3. I LOVE it as it sounds as tho the band is playing right in front of you in a small room. Small sound stage? and the sound is "darker". Would you say that the PS500e would be similiar? 

Thak you! :)

I'd say the PS500 will be right up your alley. It too has a warmer signature overall, but with a bit more treble extension and clarity than the SM3. I'd say go for it!

Jan 26, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #30,401 of 65,571
I'd say the PS500 will be right up your alley. It too has a warmer signature overall, but with a bit more treble extension and clarity than the SM3. I'd say go for it!

I agree. Treble on the 500e is polite yet still very detailed... quite the feat. I am really impressed running it with the Grace m9xx.

Head's up: the 500e is also capable of very punchy bass and the Grace shows its ability to deliver current there.

Jan 26, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #30,402 of 65,571

Okay, Loco... I am "loco" enough to take your word for it sight unseen (unheard--which is *absolutely unwise* yet somewhat unavoidable in the world of audio). So, we'll see if your wisdom is warranted. I hope so--order placed!

I am still undecided if I like the Philips X2 enough to keep them because I love the over-the-ear feeling of air (bass) pushing against my earlobes/drums. But the Grado sound is still supreme (for me). I could keep them both, but I won't... And as you point out, it will be nice to have something modestly unique to share at a meetup.

Thanks for the comment!

Jan 26, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #30,403 of 65,571
Okay, Loco... I am "loco" enough to take your word for it sight unseen (unheard--which is *absolutely unwise* yet somewhat unavoidable in the world of audio). So, we'll see if your wisdom is warranted. I hope so--order placed!

I am still undecided if I like the Philips X2 enough to keep them because I love the over-the-ear feeling of air (bass) pushing against my earlobes/drums. But the Grado sound is still supreme (for me). I could keep them both, but I won't... And as you point out, it will be nice to have something modestly unique to share at a meetup.

Thanks for the comment!

If the GH1 is anything like the ps500e, you'll get plenty of "ear push" if you use the G-cushions and an amp with low output impedance.

Jan 26, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #30,404 of 65,571
If the GH1 is anything like the ps500e, you'll get plenty of "ear push" if you use the G-cushions and an amp with low output impedance.

Well, I just got off the phone with Grado and they told me you can't put G's on the GH1. I have a feeling you're going to tell me otherwise... (And sorry I haven't read all of 2000 pages of this thread! Ha ha--I want to, I just can't.)

Amp is Vali 2.

Jan 26, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #30,405 of 65,571
  Well, I just got off the phone with Grado and they told me you can't put G's on the GH1. I have a feeling you're going to tell me otherwise... (And sorry I haven't read all of 2000 pages of this thread! Ha ha--I want to, I just can't.)
Amp is Vali 2.

Thats real strange?
You can put any Grado cushion on any SR/RS/GS/PS/HP model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back