Grado Fan Club!
May 21, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #52,996 of 65,860
Hey man, is that your new RS1x ?

Indeed. Got them a a couple weeks ago.

How do you like them ?

I dont wanna talk about the cable.

Ohhhkayyy . . . how about the sound?

They sound delightful. Like my gold 325i and the Harman Target had a baby. But I dont wanna talk about the cable.

Are they more musical, or more analytical ?

When I play music through them they are extremely musical. When I listen to a philosophy lecture with them they are extremely analytical.

Those triple wood cups look pretty sweet !

IMHO they are the coolest wooden cups on any headphone this side of ZMF. Thats is the main reason why I bought them despite having 18 other Grados. But I dont wanna talk about the cable.

What amps do they pair with ?

Yes.

So, like, they would pair well with my Intergalactic Endgame TS 9000 with the special tubes that they recovered from the wreckage at Roswell ?

Yes.

And with my 1986 vintage Walkman that I bought off of a homeless guy in Detroit ?

Yes.

How do they compare with your other Grados ?

You know that meme where the guy is with his girlfriend, but he's checking out another girl that's walking by ? I'm the guy, RS1x is the other girl, and all my other headphones are the girlfriend.

But I dont wanna talk about the cable.

How long do they need to burn in ?

I dont recommend actually burning them, but just let them get a little toasty on the outside, like S'Mores around a campfire.

Can you give us a detailed breakdown and ranking of them relative to all your other Grados based on Aristotle's original treatise on the
45 most important attributes for headphones?

Sure, but only 44 attributes. I dont wanna talk about the cable.

"He who shall not be named"
20220521_133425[1].jpg

"The 'Other Girl' in the meme"
20220521_133402[1].jpg
Sounds like a new Disney song...."we don't talk about cable " "no no"

May 21, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #52,998 of 65,860
Hey man, is that your new RS1x ?

Indeed. Got them a a couple weeks ago.

How do you like them ?

I dont wanna talk about the cable.

Ohhhkayyy . . . how about the sound?

They sound delightful. Like my gold 325i and the Harman Target had a baby. But I dont wanna talk about the cable.

Are they more musical, or more analytical ?

When I play music through them they are extremely musical. When I listen to a philosophy lecture with them they are extremely analytical.

Those triple wood cups look pretty sweet !

IMHO they are the coolest wooden cups on any headphone this side of ZMF. Thats is the main reason why I bought them despite having 18 other Grados. But I dont wanna talk about the cable.

What amps do they pair with ?

Yes.

So, like, they would pair well with my Intergalactic Endgame TS 9000 with the special tubes that they recovered from the wreckage at Roswell ?

Yes.

And with my 1986 vintage Walkman that I bought off of a homeless guy in Detroit ?

Yes.

How do they compare with your other Grados ?

You know that meme where the guy is with his girlfriend, but he's checking out another girl that's walking by ? I'm the guy, RS1x is the other girl, and all my other headphones are the girlfriend.

But I dont wanna talk about the cable.

How long do they need to burn in ?

I dont recommend actually burning them, but just let them get a little toasty on the outside, like S'Mores around a campfire.

Can you give us a detailed breakdown and ranking of them relative to all your other Grados based on Aristotle's original treatise on the
45 most important attributes for headphones?

Sure, but only 44 attributes. I dont wanna talk about the cable.

"He who shall not be named"

"The 'Other Girl' in the meme"
I feel like this applies to EVERY damn cable in the Grado world. Testing out my new to me Hemps keeps reminding me of how much I HATE their cables!

Back to a 'phone with a Hart Audio Cable attached today. Yesssss.

Last edited:
May 21, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #52,999 of 65,860
I think the standard length leaves something to be desired too. Typically if you’re listening on your desk or from your pocket, 3.3-4 feet is ideal, and if you’re running from a system on a stand, 8-10 feet is more typical. 6ft standard with a 15 foot extension seems odd to me.

May 21, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #53,000 of 65,860
I think the standard length leaves something to be desired too. Typically if you’re listening on your desk or from your pocket, 3.3-4 feet is ideal, and if you’re running from a system on a stand, 8-10 feet is more typical. 6ft standard with a 15 foot extension seems odd to me.
…it is odd…21 feet…🤪🤣

May 21, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #53,001 of 65,860
I feel like this applies to EVERY damn cable in the Grado world. Testing out my new to me Hemps keeps reminding me of how much I HATE their cables!

Back to a 'phone with a Hart Audio Cable attached today. Yesssss.
All the annoying twisties of a regular Grado cable, but somehow twice as stiff. It's like they specially engineered a "solution" to make a bad thing even worse.

Damn do they sound really, really, really good though. They might have ruined me for other Grados.

May 21, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #53,003 of 65,860
The one on the 80x is like it too but thinner ... infact guage wise it's about right for the higher X series .
It makes the 80x almost impossible on the go although they wouldn't be much good because of sound leakage too.

May 21, 2022 at 4:08 PM Post #53,006 of 65,860
No I wanted to buy it in Europe .. so I bought a used GS300e for 1400€ (new one are sold 2390€) In US used one seems to be more or less 1000 $, which is really cheaper than in Europe.
Did you buy it here on head-fi? It seems someone sold you a defective unit :frowning2:

As for the new price, you can buy it at most for 2000EUR.

May 21, 2022 at 6:41 PM Post #53,007 of 65,860
All the annoying twisties of a regular Grado cable, but somehow twice as stiff. It's like they specially engineered a "solution" to make a bad thing even worse.

Damn do they sound really, really, really good though. They might have ruined me for other Grados.
No way!
😉

May 21, 2022 at 8:50 PM Post #53,008 of 65,860
May 22, 2022 at 1:04 AM Post #53,010 of 65,860

Users who are viewing this thread

Back