Grado Fan Club!
May 19, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #52,966 of 65,899
Considering RU6. Maybe I order one. Not sure yet. I like the nice color that cobalt has :)
I had DF Cobalt for a while and I found it too bright with G.

May 19, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #52,967 of 65,899
Sorry to hear that...terrible
Between Reverb and PayPal - I am sure I will get my money back.
Just annoyed because I thought I got a decent deal on the RA-1... sigh... :weary:

May 19, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #52,968 of 65,899
Between Reverb and PayPal - I am sure I will get my money back.
Just annoyed because I thought I got a decent deal on the RA-1... sigh... :weary:
Damn, hope it works out for you. When selling something I always raise an invoice with PP and include the confirmed shipping address in the comment section (anyone can raise a PP invoice). I never accept ‘I will transfer funds to your PP’ (unless PP F&F which some people still do). If you send colli to what turns out not to be the PP confirmed address you have 0 to say if the buyer files a claim. Similarly as a buyer I request a PP invoice.

May 19, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #52,969 of 65,899
Damn, hope it works out for you. When selling something I always raise an invoice with PP and include the confirmed shipping address in the comment section (anyone can raise a PP invoice). I never accept ‘I will transfer funds to your PP’ (unless PP F&F which some people still do). If you send colli to what turns out not to be the PP confirmed address you have 0 to say if the buyer files a claim. Similarly as a buyer I request a PP invoice.
Purchase was done on Reverb. PayPal G&S (not F&F) - so I am protected as a buyer.
It is just a matter of annoyance / disappointment.

Honestly, I do not think it was a scam. Why bother with a $200 item?!
Most likely the seller forgot about it (and not checking his emails), or god forbid something happened to the seller...

May 19, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #52,970 of 65,899
Read a lot about mojo2. But the white noise issue scares me.
It exists but is typically way over hyped. I’ve had one instance of noise due to not plugging the usb in fully. That was not loud so probably not the infamous white noise issue. Most people never experience any noise. As with any product the reports of “issues” get far more attention than they probably warrant. The flip side of that is the sound is sublime and the DSP EQ a massive game changer. All in a small portable unit with long battery life.

May 19, 2022 at 8:32 PM Post #52,971 of 65,899
It is but doable , you can also solder a link wire to each pair if not much room around the terminal and keep the actual pairs closer to the insulation gripper Inside the jack..just use slightly thicker guage than a single of the grado that way you won't lose much if anything fidelity ... well not seriously noticeable anyway.
just use decent audio wire.
It's a good way around it if really cramped.
Yup! I've done 8 x 23 gauge on a Furutech 4.4mm, as long as you are careful you'll be fine. That was for someone's Susvara so the extra wire is helpful. With a sensitive Grado there would likely be very little if any difference between 4 and 8 wires. I've always assumed the 8 and 12 wire cables were more of a marketing exercise for Grado (or maybe redundancy?), although it does help keep the wires above the Y split from getting twisted as much, so that I like.

Honestly, I do not think it was a scam. Why bother with a $200 item?! Most likely the seller forgot about it (and not checking his emails), or god forbid something happened to the seller...
Some sellers aren't great with communication or are high volume. Hopefully it surfaces soon. I actually had an eBay seller pass after I purchased a processor from them. That was quite an ordeal to rectify.

Last edited:
May 19, 2022 at 9:13 PM Post #52,972 of 65,899
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you...my precious GH2's!:smile:
I was going through some paperwork a few weeks ago and came across my original receipt. I smiled and decided to put it in my phone calendar.
My GH2's were ordered 4yrs ago today. My longest (by far) surviving headphones. These will probably NEVER be sold. And I guess an early birthday gift to them was 20220519_220507~2.jpgfreshened up BA pads.:L3000:

May 19, 2022 at 9:30 PM Post #52,973 of 65,899
Considering RU6. Maybe I order one. Not sure yet. I like the nice color that cobalt has :)
The Questyle M12 has an a little earthier sound than the Dragonflies and definitely the Groove.
It also sounds slightly more warm than the Dragonfly Red, which I sensed the most warm of these.
The Groove caused instantly battery warnings on 2 iPhones.
A positive review (in german) with the hemp made me give the M12 a try.
https://musicalhead.de/2021/06/30/hoertest-questyle-m12/
It really drives an HD800S to impressive volumes and costs little more than a third of the Cobalt.

Last edited:
May 20, 2022 at 12:01 AM Post #52,975 of 65,899
What are those tubes and adapters on your Lyr?
The tubes are GEC L63 / CV1067. Each is a single triode tube: ‘half of a 6SN7’. The adapter is a 6J5+6J5 —> 6SN7 impeccably built by Head-Fier @Deyan.

May 20, 2022 at 12:02 AM Post #52,976 of 65,899
Yup! I've done 8 x 23 gauge on a Furutech 4.4mm, as long as you are careful you'll be fine. That was for someone's Susvara so the extra wire is helpful. With a sensitive Grado there would likely be very little if any difference between 4 and 8 wires. I've always assumed the 8 and 12 wire cables were more of a marketing exercise for Grado (or maybe redundancy?), although it does help keep the wires above the Y split from getting twisted as much, so that I like.

Some sellers aren't great with communication or are high volume. Hopefully it surfaces soon. I actually had an eBay seller pass after I purchased a processor from them. That was quite an ordeal to rectify.
Yeah I doubt if anything truly noticeable fidelity wise and it can make it a lot less fiddly depending on the jack ...it's a lot easier to solder one wire to the contact than two and some of the 4.4 connectors the solder points/rings are very close so it can be a fine margin between a possible short, especially with 8 X Grado cable.

Last edited:
May 20, 2022 at 12:03 AM Post #52,977 of 65,899
I started looking for a RA-1 again... :frowning2:
The seller I paid to more than a week ago, took my money and ran. Total radio silence. I guess he won't get very far with $200 or so 🤷‍♂️
Recourse to seller / to platform?

May 20, 2022 at 12:31 AM Post #52,978 of 65,899
The RA-1 is the ONLY item listed by him on Reverb - so not a high volume excuse... The thought of "maybe the poor guy just died on me" did cross my mind.

Recourse to seller / to platform?
Reverb support team is working with me on resolving the issue. I told them I am still interested in the item - so if they manage to get a response from the seller, I will be happy if I get the RA-1. If not - I want my money back. Either solution is acceptable.

I have to admit:
I bought DOZENS of items from eBay and from sellers on the Head-Fi classifieds. Literally dozens. Seller going dark after payment is made - is a new one for me!

May 20, 2022 at 2:29 AM Post #52,980 of 65,899
listening Amy Winehouse at the BBC through Hemp phone. The music is so enjoyable. What a talent! It’s like listening a good pair of speaker. Very detail very realistic.
Yeea. Amy and Grado=Good combo 👍😊

Attachments

• 3773A442-3F75-4705-B555-21B0028E9DB9.jpeg
    3773A442-3F75-4705-B555-21B0028E9DB9.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back