Grado Fan Club!
Nov 23, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #36,751 of 65,649
Step 4: Off to my Grado dealer to buy both the PS2000e and GS2000e at once (waiting till this Saturday to do that, as it is Small Business Saturday and I want to support my local small business Grado dealer).
Good for you. I'm happy for you that you're going to purchase both the GS/PS2Ke headphones you've been looking forward to owning, and had a very quick sale of the others to do so. Enjoy them!

Nov 23, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #36,752 of 65,649
Step 2 - Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves (PS200e & GS2000e) could restore us to sanity.

i know those steps ! :sunglasses:

Nov 23, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #36,753 of 65,649
tomorrow, i'll officially be back in the club, my 125e should arrive !

Nov 23, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #36,754 of 65,649
tomorrow, i'll officially be back in the club, my 125e should arrive !
YAY!!! The SR125e is one of the unsung heroes of the Grado line...the best of those with the flats, and incredible resolution. One of my favorites and my Ruthie’s most favorite!

Nov 23, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #36,755 of 65,649
125 is the one "number" i haven't owned
they'll be another grado in my future, just have to decide what's next

Nov 23, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #36,756 of 65,649
125 is the one "number" i haven't owned
they'll be another grado in my future, just have to decide what's next
ps2000e ps2000e ps2000e ps2000e ps2000e

Nov 23, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #36,757 of 65,649
Nov 23, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #36,758 of 65,649
so if you're gonna go, go big ?? lol
from my past experiences with gambling. all in or nothing is the only way to achieve victory:sunglasses::sunglasses:

Nov 23, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #36,759 of 65,649
Hi everybody,

I've had my sr125's (non 'i' or 'e') grados for what must be going on nearly ten years and i've loved the exciting sound and the fantastic value i feel i've got out of them, while also accepting some of the slight negative's.

I few months back I read through this thread to help me choose which Grado to upgrade to if I did indeed decide to upgrade or if something went wrong with my sr125's. Now, for the last two or three months the left earcup has intermittently been losing sound (and slowly driving me mental!) due to the wiring coming away at the bit that joins both the earcup wires to the main cable, which now gives me the chance (read:excuse) to upgrade.

While I did skim read quite abit of this thread (c'mon it's a massive thread) there lot's of good posts and poster's (suck up) that have helped me decide what I'm going to upgrade to.

I've decided it's going to be between the sr225 and the rs2e, I decided against the sr325e due the extra weight which may decrease comfort, which when I first got my sr125's was a problem, although comfort did get much better to the point they've become really comfy. The only other headphone I considered was the GH2, but over here in sunny England the price we pay is alot more than you guy's have to pay, and at another £150 over the rs2e I discounted them.

But... they have now been discounted to the same price as the rs2e's.
So we're now looking at the sr225 at around £200 and both the rs2e and GH2 at £500.

I've just read the thread on here about the GH2's which had some good feedback, so i'm just looking for some views on what you guy's think about these three headphones.

Thanks
Matt

Nov 23, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #36,760 of 65,649
lol it took you over a year to post from first registered, also your first post is in grado thread. RESPECT!!!!

if that 3 are your top choices, if you have the dough. maybe you should go for GH2, my reason is i find it very hard from prestige series to upgrade because they are that good in sound and value, especially after you mod them. eventually the upper model pretty much just incremental improvement or some different tuning, is it worth or not it's not me to judge. so that would leave you with rs2e or gh2. usually i would say rs2e but since gh2 and rs2e are same price in your case, i'll say go for gh2,if you don't like it you could sell it very easily. as for the sound i haven't heard both of these models but i bet those 2 are the top choices for on ear grado from members on this thread

other suggestion would be modding sr125, if the drivers are not damaged, you could easily fix the wiring or you could try third party drivers, or go for higher models at used market, you probably could get used gs1000 in those price bracket

since the sound sometimes little bit different though from the lower end model to higher end model, you probably want to try it first to check if it suits your or not

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #36,761 of 65,649
Hi ruhenheiM,

Yeah, it's taking along while to post, infact i'd forgotten i'd even registered until today.

I'm definitely going to get to some new Grados but I might get my sr125's rewired as there is nothing wrong with the driver.

How difficult is to rewire a Grado earcup? I doubt I could do it, but there is a bloke in my local village who works above an electrical store and fixes stuff for the store, so I guess he might do it for me.

These headphones certainly don't owe me anything and they also need new L cush's as they are the original's and are now that flat my ears are sat on the driver's.

Thanks for the advice

Nov 23, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #36,762 of 65,649
I suggest you ask Grado. I had them both fix a buzzing in my own original SR125 (Not i or e) and to change its jack from 1/4” to 1/8”. They also without being asked or charging more upgraded the cable to thicker 8 conductor, all for a very reasonable price.

Nov 23, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #36,763 of 65,649
Hi Matt, I happen to have all 3 headphones you mentioned. For me it’s RS2e >= GH2 > SR225e. But as ruhenheiM said, GH2 at this price is a steal. (I paid $800 for them.. it was rediculously priced in China.)

That said, GH2 have a different sound character than the other 2.

Nov 23, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #36,764 of 65,649
I take it that's within the US, RuthieandJohn?

Has anyone from the UK had this done? and the cost?

p.s. RuthieandJohn, intresting name, is that John during work hours and Ruthie while at home, i'm thinking Freddie Mercury in the 'I want to break free' video, except of course with your Grados and Grado apron on.

Only kidding
Matt

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #36,765 of 65,649
Hi ruhenheiM,

Yeah, it's taking along while to post, infact i'd forgotten i'd even registered until today.

I'm definitely going to get to some new Grados but I might get my sr125's rewired as there is nothing wrong with the driver.

How difficult is to rewire a Grado earcup? I doubt I could do it, but there is a bloke in my local village who works above an electrical store and fixes stuff for the store, so I guess he might do it for me.

These headphones certainly don't owe me anything and they also need new L cush's as they are the original's and are now that flat my ears are sat on the driver's.

Thanks for the advice

it's not hard to rewire it, even though i couldn't do it myself, my hands are not stable enough to handle those. the hardest part is to open up the cups, that's required patience for sure. but there are few tricks to make it little bit easier to open up the cups. you could ask grado, i think they have flat rate for repairing but with shipping+repair fee, you might just do it yourself and like @ruthieandjohn said,they going to give you new cable,might even new drivers and check the whole thing but the e drivers with the old one sounds different so you might want to think about it first, unless of course if you have problems with the drivers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back