Grado Fan Club!
Sep 24, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #36,361 of 65,602
Finished painting/assembling my aluminum rodblocks on my PS1K in Flat Black then Semi-Gloss Finish.

P1020525.JPG P1020529.JPG

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #36,362 of 65,602
Finished painting/assembling my aluminum rodblocks on my PS1K in Flat Black then Semi-Gloss Finish.

would be nice if a seller of these made them with a L and R CNC'd onto them (or a cutout to stick them from the original rodblocks)

they look nice though!

Sep 24, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #36,363 of 65,602
So what are the differences between the 60,80,125,225 and 325?

i think @ruthieandjohn could answer this more properly since he actually have all those models. i haven't tried all of them but more or less the differences are in clarity,bass and added warmth. all of them still sharing the same sound signature of grado. which compare to other brands the grado sound more airy, tight bass also quite good speed, the mid is forward very intimate and the treble have those raw sound.
each model more or less are incremental improvement of the lesser models in clarity. the added warmth and bass sometimes very audible sometimes subtle depend on which models being compare

basically the simple explanation i could give is this
60= this is the basic grado sound. airy,tight bass,forward mid,little bit warm,also bright headphone
80=pretty much the same as 60 but this one have tighter bass also the bass go deeper. the sr60 have more bass slam though but compare to 80,sr60 bass sound bloated
125=haven't heard this but this is pretty much like 60 but better in technicality
225=haven't heard this but this is supposed to be sharing the base sound of the reference series. which means,airy,very intimate mid and have depth sound stage, clarity is good and have that added warmth
335=this is the most detailed grado in prestige series, in term of technicality this is just better compare to other prestige model and musicality this is just like other grado headphone,very musical but this headphone have those treble boost. so it might not suit everyone taste

Sep 24, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #36,364 of 65,602

is it supposed to be matte finish? or that's just lightning effect? if you could put some wood plate as L and R label that could make the headphone look so awesome

Sep 24, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #36,365 of 65,602
Take a look at the link in my signature labeled "Huge Comparison of (Nearly) All Grados" for rankings of the Prestige Series (and others).

Sep 24, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #36,368 of 65,602
In a nutshell, price

Is that entirely true though? People have said there are indeed differences between each model and the website does too. Driver matching and cable differences that might influence sound. Not to mention the build of the 325e is premium over the others. I have long been tempted to get the 325e even though I'm satisfied with the 80e.

Sep 24, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #36,369 of 65,602
would be nice if a seller of these made them with a L and R CNC'd onto them (or a cutout to stick them from the original rodblocks)
they look nice though!
Thank you.
I just took a
look at the L/R indicators on the Grado rodblocks, and never realized that their separate pieces that are inserted. It look as if it would be kind of hard to remove them without damaging them, though, but great idea!

is it supposed to be matte finish? or that's just lightning effect? if you could put some wood plate as L and R label that could make the headphone look so awesome
No, their painted in Flat Black, then painted with a Semi-Clear coat.
What do they appear to look like to you? I'm asking because the Flat Black I used may have had the wrong cap on it and it may actually be a Flat Wrinkle Black, do you see that?

Sep 24, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #36,370 of 65,602
"I have long been tempted to get the 325e even though I'm satisfied with the 80e."
Then get the 325e, otherwise you'll always be wondering if you should have. I've never heard the (e) but I own the (is) for 4+yrs and they're still my desktop headphones which I love and alway will! I also had the 80i and they were awesome as well, but once I bought the 325is I didn't listen to the 80 much, so I gave them to a friend to enjoy and haven't missed them due to owning the 325is.

Sep 24, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #36,371 of 65,602
Then get the 325e, otherwise you'll always be wondering if you should have. I've never heard the (e) but I own the (is) for 4+yrs and they're still my desktop headphones which I love and alway will! I also had the 80i and they were awesome as well, but once I bought the 325is I didn't listen to the 80 much, so I gave them to a friend to enjoy and haven't missed them due to owning the 325is.

Thank you for the advice! I'm probably going to have to wait until 2018 unfortunately. Splurged on another set. It is not a Grado.

Sep 24, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #36,373 of 65,602

No, their painted in Flat Black, then painted with a Semi-Clear coat.
What do they appear to look like to you? I'm asking because the Flat Black I used may have had the wrong cap on it and it may actually be a Flat Wrinkle Black, do you see that?

i have no idea about the color description. mmm not sure how to describe it.but it looks like they have a texture.the color looks like chord mojo to me.and since it also looks like a little bit texture,i assume the feel won't be a smooth surface when being touch
mojo-optimized_1_1.jpg

Sep 24, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #36,374 of 65,602
It's OK to mention you purchased another brand of headphone on this thread, we're all very easy going here, so what did you get?

The Focal Elear sale drew me in because I never owned true high end before. Not even close to the Grado sound but good in their own right. Still holding onto my 80e though. I like the true open-back sound. Elear is supposed to be open but seems more like a semi-open to me.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #36,375 of 65,602
Is that entirely true though? People have said there are indeed differences between each model and the website does too. Driver matching and cable differences that might influence sound. Not to mention the build of the 325e is premium over the others. I have long been tempted to get the 325e even though I'm satisfied with the 80e.
lol. that's the most distinctive difference for sure :D and i think it was also a joke. but on cosmetic side. yes it is big difference.the cable,the pad,the headband since the sr325 is basically on premium side, it share the same build quality like higher model. for the sound. i listened sr60,sr80 and sr325i . it is big difference, but then again it was sr325i, compare to other grado models, that headphone is very different kind of beast. although, i'm not gonna lie, other prestige series especially modded one compare to higher model, on first listening, you're going to wonder why would you want to buy higher model but after a while, the differences are there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back