Grado Fan Club!
Mar 29, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #34,967 of 66,272
ruhenheiM yea regardless they aren't made by Grado and I would say the drivers for sure come from an Asian country (probably China).. I could be wrong but it doesn't really matter lol not sure what you're saying.

Either way, still love Grado even with this new found knowledge.

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #34,970 of 66,272
Could you try the G cushions on the GH2 and tell us your impressions, please?

I have now tried to compare both with G-Cush using the same source as before. I think that the GS2kes are more detailed with a bigger soundstage. Bas is tighter and not so prominent. The GH2 does a good job but appears a bit more colored and bassy, when directly compared. Maybe the sound tend to "drown" with the Gs, whereas with the flat pads, the sound becomes more distinct. Hope this makes sense....Anyway, I prefer the GH2 with either L Cush or the TTVJ deluxe flat pads. And then the wow factor: appears D
(Haven't tried the GS2ke with flat pads though:p)

Mar 29, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #34,971 of 66,272
I have now tried to compare both with G-Cush using the same source as before. I think that the GS2kes are more detailed with a bigger soundstage. Bas is tighter and not so prominent. The GH2 does a good job but appears a bit more colored and bassy, when directly compared. Maybe the sound tend to "drown" with the Gs, whereas with the flat pads, the sound becomes more distinct. Hope this makes sense....Anyway, I prefer the GH2 with either L Cush or the TTVJ deluxe flat pads. And then the wow factor: appears D
(Haven't tried the GS2ke with flat pads though:p)

Thank you for the comparison, I appreciate it.
I was just curious as to the difference you heard between the two and their price/performance ratio to the GH2 with the G cushions.

Mar 29, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #34,972 of 66,272
Hello!

Can any of you grado heads recommend tube amps for my precious grado RS2e?

Thanks in advance!

In order of increasing price, Little Dot MK1, MAD (Mapleleaf audio Design) HD EAR 1+, Schiit Lyr 2, Melos SHA-1 Gold.

Mar 29, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #34,974 of 66,272
Hello!

Can any of you grado heads recommend tube amps for my precious grado RS2e?

Thanks in advance!

One of the best setups I've ever heard (in any catagory) is the ampsandsound LeeLoo powering my RS2e. Absolutely incredible. Ask Justin what he recommends as far as tube upgrades for the sound signature you're after. (Stock tubes weren't as good as the upgrades I got but still very good)

Mar 29, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #34,976 of 66,272
does the mapletree ear+ hd hold up as a good match with grados?
i got mine newly tweaked by Lloyd 8 mo ago (repainted upgraded materials
...was originally an Ear +...he upgraded it into the HD edition)
...still haven't plugged it in 
redface.gif

Mar 29, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #34,977 of 66,272
Well somehow my credit card info got onto the moon audio website with a GH2 in the cart.

I'm a little worried about how they will sound. I like the RS1i and the 325e versions the best . Hopefully I don't find these to have too much bass or lack in treble. I've never tried a GH model before.

I guess I'll find out soon!

Mar 29, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #34,978 of 66,272
Well somehow my credit card info got onto the moon audio website with a GH2 in the cart.

I'm a little worried about how they will sound. I like the RS1i and the 325e versions the best . Hopefully I don't find these to have too much bass or lack in treble. I've never tried a GH model before.

I guess I'll find out soon!

I think you'll be happy.  It's not that the GH2 have too much bass, it's that it doesn't drop off as quickly as most other Grado's, so there's more presence. 

Mar 29, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #34,980 of 66,272
  'lush and harmonic' as the grado reply went on these...sort of makes sense, now.
wonder how they compare to the GS1000e...

It's like apples and oranges.  They're very different sound signatures.  I like the midrange on the GS1000e better, a bit more detail to the sound, and it has a bigger sound stage.  I like pretty much everything else you could name better on the GH2.  Which one is better?  Tough call.  Depends on the music you listen to I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back