Grado Fan Club!
Dec 24, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #29,566 of 65,772
The Grado GR-10e IEMs I ordered for myself as a Christmas gift have arrived.  I promptly wrapped them and put them under the tree.. "Do Not Open Until Christmas."  More later....

Dec 24, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #29,567 of 65,772
PS1000 on my head. Queens of the Stone Age, Rated R. 5 beers into the night. 2:23am. Gotta let some beer back out. Standing before the porceline throne, peering down, pondering, "What would I do if these half kilogram cans fall in?"

No more pissing with my PS1k on my noggin. Would hate to see 'em bobbin.

Good thing your PS1k didn't fell in, because not only would you have been standing in a puddle of your own piss, you also would've had one hell of a time glueing your toilet bowl back together!
biggrin.gif

Dec 24, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #29,568 of 65,772

PS1000 on my head. Queens of the Stone Age, Rated R. 5 beers into the night. 2:23am. Gotta let some beer back out. Standing before the porceline throne, peering down, pondering, "What would I do if these half kilogram cans fall in?"

No more pissing with my PS1k on my noggin. Would hate to see 'em bobbin.

Good thing your PS1k didn't fell in, because not only would you have been standing in a puddle of your own piss, you also would've had one hell of a time glueing your toilet bowl back together!
biggrin.gif

LMAO!    
biggrin.gif

Dec 25, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #29,569 of 65,772
Are you enjoying (my old) your new PS1K?

Love them. Everytime I decide they are too heavy, I put them away gor a few days. Then later, I get them out and have a listen and say to myself, "You're nuts! These are wonderful."

I am currently in the "wonderful" part of my cycle.

:)

Dec 25, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #29,571 of 65,772
It annoys me that they're only streaming the stereo versions of the Beatles catalog. I get that it would be confusing to most people if they had 2-4 versions for every album, but they could have picked better. Revolver, Rubber Soul and Sgt Peppers are all a million times better in mono.

I have a chord hugo and the crossfeed feature works really well with these stereo albums
  I imagine taking the PS1k off and then putting the RS1 on would feel like heaven...

There is NO doubt the PS1000 is HEAVY, however they don't feel as heavy on the head. The issue for most people that have an issue with them is that they VERY easily can slide off your head!
years back I owned the LCD2. They were also very heavy, but those actually would heart my neck from the weight!
  Thanks Wormsdriver. Helps a lot. 1. How can I be sure I have the black star drivers? The center hole on the inside has a little pyramid with ridges. 2. What is the best way to sell? I'm not greedy, just want a fair price.

this is what they look like:

I believe ebay (might) fetch more money, but they also charge a 9% fee I believe. Also, Paypal charges 3% or 4% for their service also, so keep that in mind.
Maybe you can set a price (negotiable) and post it on several places, ie, Audiogon, Head-fi and US AudioMart and hope you get a good offer.

Dec 25, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #29,572 of 65,772
Merry Christmas To Everyone

Dec 25, 2015 at 8:14 AM Post #29,574 of 65,772
Grado SR-125i Forza Audioworks Noir HPC recabled in both Single-ended & Balanced mode added to my collection. Turbulent Labs BLACK Mantra headband is on my wishlist. Tried the SR-125i with L-pads & G-bowls, but comfies have my preferences. So starting today, my Grado PS-500 does have a little brother (or sister:wink:

Dec 25, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #29,575 of 65,772
The cable looks great, I bet it makes the headphone much lighter.

I wish the 225i cable was lighter...it weighs more than the rest of the headphone

Dec 25, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #29,576 of 65,772
  The cable looks great, I bet it makes the headphone much lighter.

I wish the 225i cable was lighter...it weighs more than the rest of the headphone

Cable is really great (both soundwise as in terms of looks :wink:). Weight has decreased, so comfort is pretty good. The Mantra headband will add some extra comfort. I don't like the stiffness of the standard Grado cable, so all my Grado's are recabled. Soundwise recabling will improve performance also...

(p.s. sorry for the grainy pictures, my iPhone hasn't that sharp pictures lately)

Dec 25, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #29,577 of 65,772
Love them. Everytime I decide they are too heavy, I put them away gor a few days. Then later, I get them out and have a listen and say to myself, "You're nuts! These are wonderful."

I am currently in the "wonderful" part of my cycle.

smily_headphones1.gif

Glad to hear your enjoying them!

I imagine taking the PS1k off and then putting the RS1 on would feel like heaven...

Sure the RS1 is lighter than the PS1K, but I didn't find the PS1K uncomfortable or too heavy on my head at all. I used to wear them sometimes for 3-5 hrs at a time with no issues.

Dec 25, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #29,579 of 65,772
Grados tend to transmit their honest transparency to their user (description of bodily functions) and inspire them to poetry ("noggin... / ...bobbin"). More power to them!

Wear this when peeing....also will work for us "head bobbers"    
tongue.gif

http://www.amazon.com/EasySleep-Pro-Adjustable-Snoring-Strap/dp/B0148JL24G/ref=pd_sim_121_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=51JZR8tNPyL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=05S80P8HBP0PACGHBTXJ

don't forget "toe tappin"

Dec 25, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #29,580 of 65,772
th

Users who are viewing this thread

Back