Grado Fan Club!
Nov 9, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #28,906 of 65,636

Thanks for your review.
Not doubting your ears or review/impressions, but to my ears, the GH1 proved more transparent than the RS1i. As for the Bushmills X,  I can't say because I have never heard them but were not the Bushmills X spec./performance and therefore price somewhere between 325e and RS2e? It's surprising that they are more transparent than the GH1.
Could it be that you used the G-Cush on the GH1 rather than L-Cush that impacted your results.  

I have L-cush on my Bushmills, and they sound great. I think that at $395, for a nicely packaged, wooden, limited edition headphones, they not only offer a great price vs performance ratio, they basically are THE, most evident no brainer that Darth Vader has ever produced.

Nov 9, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #28,907 of 65,636

That being said, I agree with you, when you say that the GH-1/G may be the most comfortable, and have the best price vs performance ratio, although, I think that the SR80e/L are very close, in that regard.  

Yes, the 80x in "stock" form is a fantastic bargain, but not to be used with (G) cushions IMO.
For a total of $695.00 w(G) cushions IMO the GH-1 outperform the GS1Ke at $995.00…once again IMO.

I briefly compared them last week. I found the GH1/g a bit tizzy or perhaps too forward with cymbals while the Gs1ke sounds more balanced overall and has better image/placement in the soundstage.
I listened to the Police - "Every little thing she does is magic" and also Chesky's Ultimate demonstration disc.

Nov 9, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #28,909 of 65,636
I briefly compared them last week. I found the GH1/g a bit tizzy or perhaps too forward with cymbals while the Gs1ke sounds more balanced overall and has better image/placement in the soundstage.
I listened to the Police - "Every little thing she does is magic" and also Chesky's Ultimate demonstration disc.

I should have mentioned I was never one for the GS1Ki/e.

Nov 9, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #28,910 of 65,636

I should have mentioned I was never one for the GS1Ki/e.
duly noted. Not my favorite either! :D

Nov 9, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #28,911 of 65,636
  Yes, the 80x in "stock" form is a fantastic bargain, but not to be used with (G) cushions IMO.
For a total of $695.00 w(G) cushions IMO the GH-1 outperform the GS1Ke at $995.00…once again IMO.

Just to be clear, I've never heard the SR80. I very slightly prefer the L-cush with my SR80i, however, I have the stock S-cush on mine, because I mostly use them at night, when I have my glasses on. It"s no secret that the SR80e have a bit more bass, and a more polite treble, this is why I greatly prefer the L-cush, to the stock S-cush.

I"ve never heard the GS1ke, but I have heard the old GS1k, and the i version, and I prefer the GH-1 with the G-cush, to both of them. 

Nov 9, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #28,912 of 65,636
My GS-1000e has in the last two days or so suddenly opened up, and as a result, sounds a heck of a lot better... especially soundstage and treble clarity.  When combined with the comfort of its over-ear pads, it has become my every day go-to headphone (at least for now).

But I do plan to compare it soon to my GH1 (with G cush, for comfort at least, perhaps for sound as well) and let you know.

Nov 9, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #28,913 of 65,636
  I"ve never heard the GS1ke, but I have heard the old GS1k, and the i version, and I prefer the GH-1 with the G-cush, to both of them. 

+1

But I do plan to compare it soon to my GH1 (with G cush, for comfort at least, perhaps for sound as well) and let you know.

Can't way to see your comparison chart and which you prefer.

Nov 10, 2015 at 6:23 AM Post #28,914 of 65,636
  My GS-1000e has in the last two days or so suddenly opened up, and as a result, sounds a heck of a lot better... especially soundstage and treble clarity.  When combined with the comfort of its over-ear pads, it has become my every day go-to headphone (at least for now).

the gs1000e is one of my all time favorite headphones period, regardless of brand 

Nov 10, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #28,915 of 65,636
  the gs1000e is one of my all time favorite headphones period, regardless of brand 

I have the GS1000i but I have to tell you....I am beginning to believe that the whole burn-in thing is real. I couldn't even begin to tell you how many hours is actually one it but one day it sounded so good. Everything changed for the better. I always thought it had some peaky issues in the treble, the issue is completely gone. It even sounds fantastic from my Ipod.  The soundstage is so wide but natural. It is such a pleasing headphone to listen to...it has become my favorite headphone to listen to daily. Headphones shouldn't sound or be this fun to listen too
biggrin.gif
 I know they are really not that popular but I am beginning to think that it really has to do with burn in. None of my Grados have changed this dramatically. Glad to know that I am not the only one who has experienced change for the better.

Nov 10, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #28,916 of 65,636
couple of random pics I've taken around the house when the light struck me as nice:

Nov 10, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #28,917 of 65,636
  couple of random pics I've taken around the house when the light struck me as nice:

BEAUTIFUL... I especially like the last one, combining Grados and industry (i.e., work!)

Nov 10, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #28,918 of 65,636
  BEAUTIFUL... I especially like the last one, combining Grados and industry (i.e., work!)

haha, well if you consider lazily drinking coffee, reading and listening to Charles Mingus on a sunday "work" then...  Not a job I would mind one bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back