Grado Fan Club!
Oct 21, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #28,606 of 65,633
Freeeeeaky... was cleaning out the glovebox of my fiat and found the attached. Watch yourself up there, cuz they like to frame guys like you and me... (a reverse racism thing i guess; probably michael moores doing) but yeah... i went up on vacation in october of 2006... they extended my reservation till novembef 28, 2007 lol.
It was a total frame job though, i always control my substances, and obtaining narcotics by fraud?!? Well how the hell else is a guy gonna get narcotics? Walk into a ********* McDonald's and order 'em? And how ya gonna try to hold kangaroo court in both felony circuit and misdemeanor district? I was having fun on little traverse lake and long lake, (nope.... not the lawless intetnational waters i thought they were) 1st man in histoty to lead cops on a high-speed (pun intended) paddleboat chase. Dont ask how, but i lost control on a tight curve dodging some lilly pads and rolled her a few times but had my snoopy life jacket on; had no choice, those lilly pads and seaweed patches were gonna take out my rudder like spike strips on us-131. Anyway, i feel they were outta their jurisdiction when i got beyond the bouies but as i later learned on a 13 hr flight to china in 2011, those fascists are so arrogant that they think they control the land seas and even the heavens. I will admit i misunderstood that saying "possession is 9/10ths of the law" when i swallowed everything to put em in my jurisdiction (i consider my body an embassy in americas red-light district and claim diplomatic immunity for anything that goes on within) but i had it all wrong, apparently possession is 9/10ths of the law in that they can hit you with 9 different possession charges if you yell out during your paddle boat getaway "you'll never catch me! I just swallowed x, x, xx, xzx, zx, z, xx, x and 10 grams of xxxxzxx! no speedboat propeller known to man can catch me on a paddle boat full of that much jet fuel!. Its me spinach, n im popeye the sailor man! yukukukukuk!" While shooting bottle rockets like deck guns toward their encroaching naval fleet (i still maintain i lit those off in celebration of the country, not assault on an officer + unlawful use of a projectile/missile... thats 100% true btw, i did not make that last charge up).

What was i saying?
Oh yea, be careful mr kayandjohn, cuz now u know they lock up decent law abiding folks for no apparent reason!
And it looks like the pics show i ended up paying over 2 grand to accept their hospitality and insistance that i holiday in the county for 4.5 months and then 6 months, consecutive, not concurrent.

Anyways, stay away from a brick building with no windows at 328 washington st .... grand traverse motel my azz.
Stay safe!

Welcome to ''The Dark Side''. Your post might not be headphone related, but as a narcotic user, (oxycodone), I found it very entertaining, and very well written.

I'm sorry that things turned out the way they did, for you, but you obviously haven't lost your sense of humour.                                                                                                                                                                   

Oct 21, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #28,607 of 65,633
  Nice, looking forward to your impressions.

I'll definitely let you know how they are…from everything I've been reading, they're supposed to be fantastic!
beerchug.gif

Oct 21, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #28,608 of 65,633
Welcome to ''The Dark Side''. Your post might not be headphone related, but as a narcotic user, (oxycodone), I found it very entertaining, and very well written.

I'm sorry that things turned out the way they did, for you, but you obviously haven't lost your sense of humour.                                                                                                                                                                   

Lol, thanks, I knew it would put some off but figured at the very least, you (a comment which seemed to go over most heads you once made tipped me off that we share more than 1 hobby) and Wormsdriver would laugh.
It's hard to lose your sense of humor with 30-90mg of norco and 180-240mg dextroamp in u at all times. It was 7 years ago, so really I'm just happy my record sits at about 18,567 stolen basesvs just 1 time not being quick enough and thown out. Overconfidence of youth I blame. And does no one else see it as elitist class warfare that some rich dr can write a prescription for anyone they want but when I write a few hundred for myself over the course of 4 years they accuse you of obtaining narcotics by fraud. Seems like discrimination based upon secondary educational achievement to me!
And it is headphone related since no album in anyone's top 10 best ever list has been created without the influence of 1 substance or another.

Btw, if john/Kay doesn't post for a few days I'll go post his bail.

Oct 21, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #28,609 of 65,633
[quote name="EdenElectronics" url="/t/530965/grado-fan-club/28605#post_12012599

Btw, if john/Kay doesn't post for a few days I'll go post his bail.[/quote]

My own encounter with Traverse City Law Enforcement just (I hope) concluded.

I was sitting out on the dock, listening to my Grado PS500s overlooking the water. Apparently the sound leakage from the headphones was sufficient to incense a gaggle of geese nearby (or was it a game of swans... not quite sure). They had been complaining (in their own native language) to me to turn down my music.

When I didn't (because their request to me just sounded like the inane ravings of a demented mind), they called the police on me!

Can you imagine? Well, when the police came, they saw that the complaintant was just a gaggle of geese (or a game of swans... l still can't tell), so they said to them, "Hey, you are just a bunch of birds!" They wished me good day and went off on their way.

Oct 21, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #28,610 of 65,633
Lol, thanks, I knew it would put some off but figured at the very least, you (a comment which seemed to go over most heads you once made tipped me off that we share more than 1 hobby) and Wormsdriver would laugh.
It's hard to lose your sense of humor with 30-90mg of norco and 180-240mg dextroamp in u at all times. It was 7 years ago, so really I'm just happy my record sits at about 18,567 stolen basesvs just 1 time not being quick enough and thown out. Overconfidence of youth I blame. And does no one else see it as elitist class warfare that some rich dr can write a prescription for anyone they want but when I write a few hundred for myself over the course of 4 years they accuse you of obtaining narcotics by fraud. Seems like discrimination based upon secondary educational achievement to me!
And it is headphone related since no album in anyone's top 10 best ever list has been created without the influence of 1 substance or another.

Btw, if john/Kay doesn't post for a few days I'll go post his bail.

Wow!, you're on strong stuff too!. When I'm in pain, I don't feel like listening to music, so by eliminating the pain, the medication let's me enjoy my hobby.

Keep up the great writing.

Oh!, and if John gets in trouble, I'll split the cost of his bail with you.
beerchug.gif

Oct 21, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #28,611 of 65,633
Wow!, you're on strong stuff too!. When I'm in pain, I don't feel like listening to music, so by eliminating the pain, the medication let's me enjoy my hobby.

Keep up the great writing.

Oh!, and if John gets in trouble, I'll split the cost of his bail with you. :beerchug:                                                                                                                                                                                 
oh come now. I'm from the midwest. My only pain is the monotony of life, lol

Oct 22, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #28,614 of 65,633
Freeeeeaky... was cleaning out the glovebox of my fiat and found the attached. Watch yourself up there, cuz they like to frame guys like you and me... (a reverse racism thing i guess; probably michael moores doing) but yeah... i went up on vacation in october of 2006... they extended my reservation till novembef 28, 2007 lol.
It was a total frame job though, i always control my substances, and obtaining narcotics by fraud?!? Well how the hell else is a guy gonna get narcotics? Walk into a ********* McDonald's and order 'em? And how ya gonna try to hold kangaroo court in both felony circuit and misdemeanor district? I was having fun on little traverse lake and long lake, (nope.... not the lawless intetnational waters i thought they were) 1st man in histoty to lead cops on a high-speed (pun intended) paddleboat chase. Dont ask how, but i lost control on a tight curve dodging some lilly pads and rolled her a few times but had my snoopy life jacket on; had no choice, those lilly pads and seaweed patches were gonna take out my rudder like spike strips on us-131. Anyway, i feel they were outta their jurisdiction when i got beyond the bouies but as i later learned on a 13 hr flight to china in 2011, those fascists are so arrogant that they think they control the land seas and even the heavens. I will admit i misunderstood that saying "possession is 9/10ths of the law" when i swallowed everything to put em in my jurisdiction (i consider my body an embassy in americas red-light district and claim diplomatic immunity for anything that goes on within) but i had it all wrong, apparently possession is 9/10ths of the law in that they can hit you with 9 different possession charges if you yell out during your paddle boat getaway "you'll never catch me! I just swallowed x, x, xx, xzx, zx, z, xx, x and 10 grams of xxxxzxx! no speedboat propeller known to man can catch me on a paddle boat full of that much jet fuel!. Its me spinach, n im popeye the sailor man! yukukukukuk!" While shooting bottle rockets like deck guns toward their encroaching naval fleet (i still maintain i lit those off in celebration of the country, not assault on an officer + unlawful use of a projectile/missile... thats 100% true btw, i did not make that last charge up).

What was i saying?
Oh yea, be careful mr kayandjohn, cuz now u know they lock up decent law abiding folks for no apparent reason!
And it looks like the pics show i ended up paying over 2 grand to accept their hospitality and insistance that i holiday in the county for 4.5 months and then 6 months, consecutive, not concurrent.

Anyways, stay away from a brick building with no windows at 328 washington st .... grand traverse motel my azz.
Stay safe!

bahahaha
biggrin.gif

Even though I opted to cancel the GS-Xmk2/HE1K combo and get the BHSE/SR-009…I placed an order to borrow the HE1K with TTC loaner program and will be receiving them Friday. I'll be using my MBP > Gungnir USB2 > GS-1…can't wait to hear these!

popcorn.gif

Oct 22, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #28,616 of 65,633
  @digitalbliss that's ace thank you. I am sure that you'll be able to add photos very soon. I was able to after about two posts. I think wood will give the 225e what I think they are missing.

Definitely a visual one especially with the aluminum gimbals. He does such a great job hand manufacturing these. I know he would rather just make the wood cups and not the gimbals.

Oct 22, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #28,617 of 65,633
oh come now. I'm from the midwest. My only pain is the monotony of life, lol

LOL!, I wish monotony was my only pain too, but I'm affraid that my bowels would definately object to that statement...damn Crohn's disease! 
mad.gif

I've went through so many scans, and X-rays, that I can now add, ''glow in the dark'' to my resume! 
eek.gif

pffft, go tell that to Col. Sanders!

Col. Sanders!, he said birds, not cats!
biggrin.gif

Oct 22, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #28,619 of 65,633
i think we started getting serious about this whole head-fi thing about the same time, we both started kinda small, stayed all grado for a while, then branched out some, i think it's good to try new things, it puts things in a better perspective, everything is relative 

cheers my friend !    

rovopio exploring the ATH-r70x...
joseph69 trying the HE1000...

Gradoheads seem to be willing to pick up a less pretty girl to re-establish their Grados as truly the most beautiful ladies at the party.

I am now making my contribution to this stylish trend. I have ordered a used Ultrasone Edition 8 Ruthenium. It is a beautiful closed headphone that has been highly regarded by many reviewers... For example, MacedonianHero declared it to be the best he had heard for being driven by an iPhone.

Here is my flash-in-the-pan mistress, my arm candy, which I will use, abuse, and likely discard as I maintain my faithfulness to Grado.

Gorgeous, ain't she?? She makes her entrance in a couple of days.

Oct 22, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #28,620 of 65,633
  I received the HE1K tonight (1-day early) can't wait to hear them tonight!

Nice........get to listening, Joseph!

i think we started getting serious about this whole head-fi thing about the same time, we both started kinda small, stayed all grado for a while, then branched out some, i think it's good to try new things, it puts things in a better perspective, everything is relative 

cheers my friend !    

rovopio exploring the ATH-r70x...
joseph69 trying the HE1000...

Gradoheads seem to be willing to pick up a less pretty girl to re-establish their Grados as truly the most beautiful ladies at the party.

I am now making my contribution to this stylish trend. I have ordered a used Ultrasone Edition 8 Ruthenium. It is a beautiful closed headphone that has been highly regarded by many reviewers... For example, MacedonianHero declared it to be the best he had heard for being driven by an iPhone.

Here is my flash-in-the-pan mistress, my arm candy, which I will use, abuse, and likely discard as I maintain my faithfulness to Grado.

Gorgeous, ain't she?? She makes her entrance in a couple of days.

Yeah, she is a purty one  
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back