Grado Fan Club!
Jul 20, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #26,626 of 65,938
I'm glad too hear this…can you give a little more input?

I'm not much for writing reviews but as I said earlier, they sound right with flat pads with weighty but not overpowering bass, the least shouty midrange I've ever heard from a Grado and still enough treble energy. They are very resolving as well. Even with bowl pads they're not bad which is a first for me.

Jul 20, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #26,627 of 65,938
Thanks Joseph, appreciate that and look forward to reading both your initial and post-burn- in impressions.
Speaking of that, what is your approach to burn-in, do you just do it over time while listening or do you play music through them for a period of time, or use white noise... just curious.

No problem.
I usually shuffle all different Genre's at low/mid volumes for about 4hrs, then give them about a 4hr break for a few of days. But at night I'll do my regular listening anywhere from 3-5hrs. 

Rush rocks; especially with a pair of Grado's!
My sister-in law mentioned that her boyfriend knows a very good Toronto-based Rush tribute band...I mentioned that I knew an even better Toronto-based Rush band  --> Rush! 
size]

Yes, the Canadian Trio are amazingly talented…the music that comes from just 3 performers is just incredible!
I'm sure you've seen them live, which is some RUSH!!! These guys don't miss a single beat…ever!

Jul 20, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #26,628 of 65,938

Yes, the Canadian Trio are amazingly talented…the music that comes from just 3 performers is just incredible!
I'm sure you've seen them live, which is some RUSH!!! These guys don't miss a single beat…ever!

They are amazing to see live. That said, they're not getting any younger. So I'm not sure how many more opportunities we'll get to see them live moving forward.

Jul 20, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #26,629 of 65,938
  Very excited to see how the GH-1 stacks up against your RS1i.

Me too!

I'm not much for writing reviews but as I said earlier, they sound right with flat pads with weighty but not overpowering bass, the least shouty midrange I've ever heard from a Grado and still enough treble energy. They are very resolving as well. Even with bowl pads they're not bad which is a first for me.

Thank you>
I'll also try them with TTVJ Flat Pads which aren't really for me but...

Jul 20, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #26,630 of 65,938
  They are amazing to see live. That said, they're not getting any younger. So I'm not sure how many more opportunities we'll get to see them live moving forward.

I actually heard something about them saying their going to be doing the last of their touring soon, but are going to continue making music, but don't quote me on this, I'm not 100% sure.

Jul 20, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #26,631 of 65,938
  I actually heard something about them saying their going to be doing the last of their touring soon, but are going to continue making music, but don't quote me on this, I'm not 100% sure.

Yep...I've heard the same things. Alex wants more time to spend with his grandkids and Neil's finding it hard to perform at his incredible level night in and night out.

Jul 20, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #26,632 of 65,938
  Yep...I've heard the same things. Alex wants more time to spend with his grandkids and Neil's finding it hard to perform at his incredible level night in and night out.

OK, very understandable, especially when they've given 100% through out their careers…they all definitely deserve to sit back and relax after contributing amazing musicality for their fans for so many years. 

Jul 21, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #26,633 of 65,938

Neil is just flat out incredible!

Jul 21, 2015 at 7:56 AM Post #26,634 of 65,938
  Today I got to hear the GS1000e's for the first time and I was very impressed! They sounded very good...similar improvements over the GS1000i's that the PS1000e's have over the PS1000s. Throw in their EXTREMELY light weight and comfort (and the new snappy looking leather headband), I was tempted. If I didn't have the PS1000e's already, I might have come home with them...well that and my wife/kids were with me. 
tongue.gif

In other news, the RS1e's were indeed a step back. This is the second pair I've heard and they "Grado magic" is missing from them...the treble energy is AWOL. I"m quite disappointed what Grado has done to this iconic headphone. I've owned the RS1, RS1 buttonless and RS1i and loved all three...this one, I don't even like. Hopefully the GH1 returns the magic. 
frown.gif

i haven't heard the ps1000e, but as you know, i did have the ps1000, and i actually preferred the gs1ke to the ps1k, throw in it's price and comfort, and it's a winner all the way 

Jul 21, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #26,635 of 65,938
  i haven't heard the ps1000e, but as you know, i did have the ps1000, and i actually preferred the gs1ke to the ps1k, throw in it's price and comfort, and it's a winner all the way 

@jaywillin  I too have both the PS1000 and the GS1000e, so I am curious... besides the comfort (lightness), what else did you prefer about the GS1000e over the PS1000?  Thanks!

Jul 21, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #26,636 of 65,938
  @jaywillin  I too have both the PS1000 and the GS1000e, so I am curious... besides the comfort (lightness), what else did you prefer about the GS1000e over the PS1000?  Thanks!

the gs1000e seemed more natural, nothing emphasized , the ps1000 would sometimes (not often) have a little too much treble for my taste 
and this could be primarily due to a lot of the music i listen to, the recording aren't always of the best quality , so the ps1000 reveals the flaws
the gs1000e got out of the way for me, i just listened to the music

given everything in the chain is top shelf, yea, the ps1000 is the better headphone, but the gs1000e is the better "all rounder" to me

Jul 21, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #26,637 of 65,938
  the gs1000e seemed more natural, nothing emphasized , the ps1000 would sometimes (not often) have a little too much treble for my taste 
and this could be primarily due to a lot of the music i listen to, the recording aren't always of the best quality , so the ps1000 reveals the flaws

given everything in the chain is top shelf, yea, the ps1000 is the better headphone, but the gs1000e is the better "all rounder" to me

Thanks!  I love both but prefer my PS1000s.  However, my GS100es are still probably at less than 100 hours of use and may still be changing with burn-in.

Jul 21, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #26,638 of 65,938
  Neil is just flat out incredible!

+1000
beerchug.gif

This is the only time I find the PS1K's not performing at their best…but throw an awesome recording at them and WOW!
My RS1i's, now they handle this problem better…for sure. This is why I feel I didn't need to keep both the GS1Ke, IMO the RS1i/GSe they sounded very similar too me. 

Jul 21, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #26,640 of 65,938
  Thanks!  I love both but prefer my PS1000s.  However, my GS100es are still probably at less than 100 hours of use and may still be changing with burn-in.

Is the GS1000e a big improvement over the original GS1000?  I've only owned the original that had extremely bright treble and recessed mids.  I really wanted to like that phone when it first came out but couldn't tolerate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back