beerchug.gif

Nice to see the driver installed like it is  
L3000.gif

Jul 21, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #26,657 of 65,724
Thanks Worms.
Congtatutz on them they look superb
L3000.gif

Appreciated.
Interesting about the drivers as I think it was Eric's post that said they were flush and no protrusion whereas your ones have a depression. Your ones also have extra thick padding on the underside of headband another interesting development. Furthermore, those 4 holes exposed on the drivers, are they with no black felt over them? Curious...
smily_headphones1.gif

Enjoy them :)
Can you please compare those Vintage RS1's you have with the GH1's when time prevails?
Many thnx...
atsmile.gif

Jul 21, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #26,658 of 65,724
  the gs1000e seemed more natural, nothing emphasized , the ps1000 would sometimes (not often) have a little too much treble for my taste 
and this could be primarily due to a lot of the music i listen to, the recording aren't always of the best quality , so the ps1000 reveals the flaws
the gs1000e got out of the way for me, i just listened to the music

given everything in the chain is top shelf, yea, the ps1000 is the better headphone, but the gs1000e is the better "all rounder" to me

Hey Jay: I pretty much agree with your sentiments here. That's why I enjoy the PS1000e's so much...they have the naturalness that the GS1000e's have and general refinements that the GS1000e's are lacking (though not night and day, but noticeable).  That said, the wood earcups and brown headband do look quite fetching. That and their incredibly light weight makes for a very comfortable experience.

Jul 21, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #26,660 of 65,724
Here's a few pics...

The drivers are actually a bit sunken in!

Four holes vented:

THE END :smile:

Hey now! Mine aren't sunken! O_O
I also didn't get that snazzy 4ourears insert. Heck, and I picked them up AT 4ourears. :wink:

Jul 21, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #26,661 of 65,724
Thanks Worms.
Congtatutz on them they look superb :L3000:

Appreciated.
Interesting about the drivers as I think it was Eric's post that said they were flush and no protrusion whereas your ones have a depression. Your ones also have extra thick padding on the underside of headband another interesting development. Furthermore, those 4 holes exposed on the drivers, are they with no black felt over them? Curious... :)

Enjoy them :)
Can you please compare those Vintage RS1's you have with the GH1's when time prevails?
Many thnx... :atsmile:

Mine also had the extra leather on the band. I mentioned that.

Jul 21, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #26,662 of 65,724

Thanks Worms.
Congtatutz on them they look superb
L3000.gif

Appreciated.
Interesting about the drivers as I think it was Eric's post that said they were flush and no protrusion whereas your ones have a depression. Your ones also have extra thick padding on the underside of headband another interesting development. Furthermore, those 4 holes exposed on the drivers, are they with no black felt over them? Curious...
smily_headphones1.gif

Enjoy them
smily_headphones1.gif

Many thnx...
atsmile.gif

Mine also had the extra leather on the band. I mentioned that.

My bad .. Apologies..
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 21, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #26,663 of 65,724
My bad .. Apologies..
:)

No worries. :wink:
Just checked both the left and right cans and saw that both are totally flush with the maple (my last report was just of one side). Interesting to see Worm's sunken in...

Jul 21, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #26,664 of 65,724

My bad .. Apologies..
smily_headphones1.gif

No worries.
wink.gif

Just checked both the left and right cans and saw that both are totally flush with the maple (my last report was just of one side). Interesting to see Worm's sunken in...

Eric does your GH1 have those exposed 4 holes when looking into bright light?

Jul 21, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #26,665 of 65,724
My drivers are slightly sunken as well. I didn't pre-order, I just ordered mine from the Elusive Disc on Friday with Saturday delivery.

Jul 21, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #26,666 of 65,724

Eric does your GH1 have those exposed 4 holes when looking into bright light?

Sure do! You were the one that asked that before, right? I actually didn't know what you meant. 
wink.gif
 But ya, after seeing Worm's photos, mine look the same. 

Jul 21, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #26,667 of 65,724
  Where did you guys pre-order your GH1?

I ordered mine from TTVJ and it's not even shipped yet.

I sent a message a few hours ago, and they said that they should get them sometime this week, and that they'll ship them to me asap.

I think that I'm going to take the time to read a few comments from some ''Storm Troopers'' who's opinion I trust, before unboxing mine.  This way, they"ll be easier for me to sell.

I don"t like the fact that they look like the RS1e, (not that the RS1e aren"t nice looking), but I would have preferred for them to have their own look. I also think that the pakaging is, well, meh!. I also would"ve liked to have the 15 foot extension, heck, I would have settled for a 10 foot one.

I do like the fact that the GH-1 have the red drivers..I guess that the cleaning lady finally remembered where she had put that damn paint!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back